You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrExNavy

Where's the Missouri?

35 comments in this topic

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts

Where did the Missouri go? I was saving my free xp forever to get one and then when I got close, it disappeared. Are there any plans to bring it back? I really want to get the Missouri even though I mostly play DD's. Mainly for the historical value that ship has.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[LOU1]
Members
9 posts
1,220 battles

It was "replaced" by the Musashi.  The announcement was formally made a while ago (December, 2017) with two months warning.

"Missouri was first released for sale worldwide on 7 December 2016, and was removed from sale on 28 February 2018 with the release of Update 0.7.2."

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Missouri

Edited by VeloxNavis
  • Cool 1

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts

Don't care about Musashi and I'm aware of the advance notice. I want to know if they have plans to bring it back.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,206 posts
7,197 battles
10 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

Where did the Missouri go? I was saving my free xp forever to get one and then when I got close, it disappeared. Are there any plans to bring it back? I really want to get the Missouri even though I mostly play DD's. Mainly for the historical value that ship has.

CcvB6KX.gif Boi

• Funny 1

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

She’s been gone for a while now. How are you just now realizing this

I'm not just now realizing this. I just now decided to ask them if they have plans to bring it back.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,859 posts
4,224 battles
5 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

I'm not just now realizing this. I just now decided to ask them if they have plans to bring it back.

Then you should probably phrase it that way. Otherwise, it seems like you... well... haven't a clue.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts
3 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Then you should probably phrase it that way. Otherwise, it seems like you... well... haven't a clue.

Uhm actually if you read the question, it is phrased that way.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
5,728 battles

It's been gone for almost 6 months now, not sure how you missed the frequent posting about it on the forums, reddit, and the wows site itself.
Missouri is gone, replaced by Musashi. Nobody knows when or if the Missouri will ever return. I wouldn't hold my breath, they removed it after all. All the other ships WG has removed (Gremy, Imp. Nikolai, Belfast, Kutuzov) have never returned for purchase.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,503 posts
3,842 battles

It has yet to be seen when Mo will return. However given that nothing has been said, it won't be very soon, but, they never said never.

• Cool 1

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

It's been gone for almost 6 months now, not sure how you missed the frequent posting about it on the forums, reddit, and the wows site itself.
Missouri is gone, replaced by Musashi. Nobody knows when or if the Missouri will ever return. I wouldn't hold my breath, they removed it after all. All the other ships WG has removed (Gremy, Imp. Nikolai, Belfast, Kutuzov) have never returned for purchase.

I know it's been gone for a long time and that wasn't the question. My question is for the devs and asking them if they have plans to bring it back. Not all the ships removed were not brought back. Marblehead is one example of a ship that was given away at PAX and then offered to purchase later.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles

Reading is so totally OP I'm surprised that they don't charge people to teach them.

[-AA-]
Members
1,735 posts
6,657 battles
7 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

KA returned. Rare, but who knows. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,640 posts
13,211 battles

Don't hold your breath. Missouri earned too much money.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

I can answer the question, "Where's the Missouri?" with my handy map. 

lHwkd2H.png

Edited by RedSeaBear
Fixing Geographical Error
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[5D5]
Members
2,403 posts
15,016 battles
7 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

You did but later on in your post. If you started with that you wouldn't have everyone thinking you're out of the loop.

Given how long it was offered and they have several free XP ships available now I'd guess maybe end of the year at the earliest.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts

Nobody knows when she's coming back. And the devs wouldn't say anyway, unless it's soon and an official announcement. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, I guess.  

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,859 posts
4,224 battles
11 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

Thread Title:
Where's the Missouri?

Now, if you look at the title, and the original post, which starts off with the sentences

34 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

Where did the Missouri go? I was saving my free xp forever to get one and then when I got close, it disappeared. 

It sounds like your primary concern is wanting to know where the Missouri went, which is what most people will assume. And, seeing as Missouri left in a highly publicized event, people will assume you paid no attention and jump on you because that earns them fake internet points.

Now, because I read the whole thing, I know that you also asked:

34 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

Are there any plans to bring it back?

But it is not clear to most of the other answerers, which is why a lot of people are jumping on you.

Perhaps leading with this question, and retitling the Thread (if you can, I don't remember if that's possible), would make it much clearer to understand, and people wouldn't jump on you as much because then they couldn't earn the fake internet points. 

Also, because I'm a writer and it annoys me when people structure things incorrectly :Smile_trollface:.

As for if it will return? No one can say. Wargaming hasn't made any sort of decisive official comment, so it's likely that they themselves haven't decided yet. However, one thing that is clear is that Missouri does break the Credit Economy in the game at Tier 9, which the Wargaming Developers have expressed concern over. So it may be unlikely that it does return except in short-term events or with a hefty FXP Markup.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
5,728 battles
3 minutes ago, MrExNavy said:

I know it's been gone for a long time and that wasn't the question. My question is for the devs and asking them if they have plans to bring it back. Not all the ships removed were not brought back. Marblehead is one example of a ship that was given away at PAX and then offered to purchase later.

Ask the Devs in a Q&A they do every now and then, and hopefully they'll answer. 

Marblehead was never removed from store, as in it won't be coming back. Belfast was removed from store, never came back. Gremy, Imp. Nikolai, Kutuzov suffered similar fates. There's no way of obtaining these ships anymore, they're essentially the E-25s and Type 59s of WoWS. They'll never come back to the store. Missouri as well has been removed from store, without a promise that she'll return. And just like the Gremy, Belfast, Nikolai, and Kutuzov... It's unlikely she'll return.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,859 posts
4,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

Ask the Devs in a Q&A they do every now and then, and hopefully they'll answer. 

Marblehead was never removed from store, as in it won't be coming back. Belfast was removed from store, never came back. Gremy, Imp. Nikolai, Kutuzov suffered similar fates. There's no way of obtaining these ships anymore, they're essentially the E-25s and Type 59s of WoWS. They'll never come back to the store. Missouri as well has been removed from store, without a promise that she'll return. And just like the Gremy, Belfast, Nikolai, and Kutuzov... It's unlikely she'll return.

However, do be careful. Two other ships were removed from the store, with much fanfare, only to return this weekend:
-Guilio Cesare
-König Albert

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,340 posts
6,235 battles

Missouri will be rotated back in eventually, albeit probably at a higher price than before (the devs stated that they think Missouri was priced a bit too low)

I wouldn't expect her to be back anytime soon, however.

• Cool 1

[JRGC]
Beta Testers
139 posts
3 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Missouri will be rotated back in eventually, albeit probably at a higher price than before (the devs stated that they think Missouri was priced a bit too low)

I think you're probably right. Won't be coming back any time soon. Too low priced though? For the amount of free xp they wanted for it would be equal to around $100. Took me forever to get close to the free xp they wanted and then it was gone so hopefully they bring it back. Even if it's for more free exp is ok. I'll just keep building up free xp hoping they do bring it back.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
5,728 battles
14 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I find this a little odd because the Musashi, which took the Missouri's place as the tier IX premium battleship, is also set at 750k free XP.

[STW-M]
Members
2,340 posts
6,235 battles
1 minute ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

I find this a little odd because the Musashi, which took the Missouri's place as the tier IX premium battleship, is also set at 750k free XP.

Apparently, the reason for this price difference is Missouri's higher silver multiplier.