You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CommandantObvious

Inertia Fuse on T8 Cleveland

11 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,736 battles

I have been playing the new T8 Cleveland for a while now but have been wondering if anyone has advise on using inertia fuse shells or not. 152mm guns are recommended to take it so I been playing with it since I got it (my Atlanta captain has found his non-premium ship lol). If not IFHE then what other 4pt trait? Thinking Advanced Firing training, but wanted to hear other thoughts.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,354 posts
3,977 battles

Concealment, IFHE is good but Concealment Expert helps you disengage a little more smoothly

[SYN]
Members
14,618 posts
10,930 battles

sadly, you need 14pts

if you only have 10pts, you should pick CE, but if you can use Atlanta well, then you can go for IFHE

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,112 posts
12,133 battles

I decided to use my dedicated Atlanta commander with IFHE, CE etc. on Cleveland and take it up to T10.  Seems like a good way to get the most utility out of that 19 pt commander.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,866 posts
15,349 battles

Due to the pressure of taking IFHE, Light Cruisers tend to want higher point captains than Heavy Cruisers.

Both IFHE & CE are vital to Cleveland.  IFHE makes your HE much more consistent and less reliant on RNG + Fires.  Your shells penetrate more reliably and get you actual shell damage instead of tons of Non-pens.  Otherwise, against a non-idiotic opponent, you are praying for Fires to do damage.  CE is vital to most Cruisers in general, most especially to Cleveland.  With Full Stealth Build, i.e. CE + Camo + CSM1, she drops to an amazing 9.1km detection range.  Not only is that 0.1km above your Radar range, but it also lets you control your engagements much better.  Move around in stealth feeling safer, have a much better buffer to "go dark" with.

It's a tough choice if you only have a 10pt, but I lean more to CE first.  You can live longer by better engagement control, stealth, and live to shoot some more later in the match.

In contrast, VIII Baltimore as a CA with 203mm guns doesn't need IFHE and can easily take CE with no repercussions to her gun performance.  You can get by with more with 10pts on a CA than with a CL.

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
6 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

sadly, you need 14pts

if you only have 10pts, you should pick CE, but if you can use Atlanta well, then you can go for IFHE

Speaking of Atlanta, I bought it about 2.5 weeks ago because I really wanted to try it out, and I wanted to prepare for the upcoming CL line. It's become one of my favorite ships to play. She can be very situational, and frustrating, but I've never been in the Top 4 so consistently when playing anything else. I'm looking forward to Helena / Boise which will be bigger Atlantas. I have a 19-point Atlanta captain with CE+IFHE+Demolition Expert+AFT, and Atlanta really does require at least a 15-16 point captain to do well. Currently I average 46k damage in her at 226 battles played, 54% WR, 1.08 ship kill and 1.57 K/D. Not bad.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles
1 minute ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Speaking of Atlanta, I bought it about 2.5 weeks ago because I really wanted to try it out, and I wanted to prepare for the upcoming CL line. It's become one of my favorite ships to play. She can be very situational, and frustrating, but I've never been in the Top 4 so consistently when playing anything else. I'm looking forward to Helena / Boise which will be bigger Atlantas. I have a 19-point Atlanta captain with CE+IFHE+Demolition Expert+AFT, and Atlanta really does require at least a 15-16 point captain to do well. Currently I average 46k damage in her at 226 battles played, 54% WR, 1.08 ship kill and 1.57 K/D. Not bad.

The Atlanta is a monster when played well. There is a reason the reds will focus on an Atlanta as soon as it is spotted. It will eat destroyers, frustrate carrier players, and burn everything else to the ground. It is a great ship in PvP and PvE play and probably one of my favorite cruisers. I think that all the skills you need to play a Cleveland, even the new tier 8 version, will work well in Atlanta so you can farm that extra first win bonus with the same captain. 

[70]
Members
997 posts
4,084 battles

If you have 10 points, take IFHE.

Buy the concealment module right now while it's on sale. Get CE at 14 points.

IFHE makes an INSANE difference in how much damage you can do and thus how much XP/creds you earn. Meanwhile, CE is but a minor thing if you know what you're doing and aren't running after DDs alone or something. Besides, if you get within 10km of a non-DD enemy you are probably doing something very wrong anyhow. And a DD will have to actually engage you (or sit on a cap circle) EVENTUALLY anyhow (and trying to torp a Cleveland from stealth is a joke if the Cleveland driver is even vaguely competent)...

Edited by Guardian54
  • Cool 1

[CYD]
Members
119 posts
2,622 battles

Go IFHE first, islands supplement your concealment and dictate your play style, but you barely do any damage without IFHE. You’ll hit 14pts much faster with IFHE than with concealment. 

Members
4 posts
2,736 battles

yeah, this is pretty much what I was thinking as well. But i couldn't find any pages on it specifically. Thanks for confirming it guys! I've been playing Cleveland so much that my captain just hit 18 points, he was 14 when i started. Goal is 19 before they release T9 and 10! Everyone have fun with their island body pillows. 

for reference :D