You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FURINKAZANdesu

Regarding to IJN CV performance in early tiers

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
190 battles

Basicly in early tiers, when everyone has the same amount of squadron or almost the same amount, USN CVs has absolute advantage over IJN CVs because the difference between the strength of their fighter planes.

I have searched around in the forum and seems like in later tiers IJN CVs tends to have more squadrons of figthers and it gets balanced out. but before that, especially in tier 4 and 5, with hosho and zuiho, its extremely hard to play as IJN CV because you tends to have your fighters competely rekt'd by USN fighters every fight and have their fighters eat all remains of your other squadrons. You will have to play extremely smarter than them, bait them into friendly aa range, outnumber them in a 2cvs vs 2cvs game, and you will STILL LOSE THE DOGFIGHT most of the time if you are up against USN fighters. and there is nothing about play style or what so ever at these 2 tier. because your enemy has absolute advantage over you. and it gets extremely unfun to play against USN CVs as IJN CVs because you tend to lose the air combat every time, tho there exist chances that the rest of your team may make a difference to the outcome of the game.

maybe IJN CVs are balanced or even overpowered at later levels, but at early level they tend to have too much disadvantage and you will have to out-smart your enemies a lot to have your foot on the same ground.

IJN and USN early tier CVs balances really requires a rework.

Edited by FURINKAZANdesu

Members
751 posts
13,115 battles

I'll bet you that most US CV players would gladly trade places and be the over powered ship at higher tiers. If I were a IJN CV captain I would be content with my end game advantage.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,021 posts
16,243 battles
39 minutes ago, FURINKAZANdesu said:

Basicly in early tiers, when everyone has the same amount of squadron or almost the same amount, USN CVs has absolute advantage over IJN CVs because the difference between the strength of their fighter planes.

Which is incredibly stupid because during the early years of the war the IJN naval aircraft dominated the skies.

[HINON]
Members
10,955 posts

Obviously, if you go head to head against USN cvs at t4 and t5, you will lose. So you don't do that.

ljV5L7K.gif

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles

At tier 4 and 5, strafe is not a thing. Thus, numbers and tiers become the deciding factor, and nine times out of ten in a clickfight a full-health USN squadron will win against a full-health IJN squadron.

Just be glad 2-0-1 Bogue is no longer a thing.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
100 posts
6,088 battles
1 hour ago, FURINKAZANdesu said:

maybe IJN CVs are balanced or even overpowered at later levels, but at early level they tend to have too much disadvantage and you will have to out-smart your enemies a lot to have your foot on the same ground.

USN "Advantage"=T4.T5

IJN "Advantage"=T6,T7,T8,T9,T10

stop complaining, because USN players can, and will, and have, made the same argument.

Edited by xKSNx

[LHG]
Members
1,577 posts
6,308 battles

Back when Bogue had 2-0-1 and could strafe, Zuihou dominated the charts by a significant margin. I would know, I was one of those Zuihous.

Fighter advantage alone doesn't win games.

Members
2,135 posts
3,926 battles

Nnnooooppppeeeeeee.  IJN CV's still rely on torpedo bombers over dive bombers which deal more reliable damage,  especially pre-manual drops.  The only advantage USN have are in fighters and...its always been that way.  IJN also have the advantage in being able to cross drop which lets them rim in...pretty much anyone if you do it right,  even during the auto-drop only phase.

Fight over the best AA you have on your team when you have to fight at all and don't plan on winning the air war.   USN fighter reserves are tiny at that point so you don't have to do much,  just play smart.

Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
11 hours ago, FURINKAZANdesu said:

IJN and USN early tier CVs balances really requires a rework.

Not really tier 5 the Zuihou  can do a lot better then the US CV as it gets 2 TB squads and depending how many captain skills you have makes a difference to, As long as you get the first dogfight over friendly AA and win then your off to a good start. If the Zuihou  only got 1 TB squad it would favour the US CV but because it get's 2 then the IJN CV wins as the damage and kills you can get with it is a lot more the the US CV.

The two tiers that really need to be looked at and changed is tiers 7 and 8.