You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

So is Wargamings Camo for Blyskawica historically acccurate

Is Blyskawica's camo accurate?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is Blskawicas's camouflage historically accurate?

• Yes
    • No

9 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

After playing this ship for a bit trying to get its win rate up.  I was looking at the ships premium camo.  I got to thinking is this actually an accurate portray of the factual camoflauge the ship had.  Then of course the best friend of google found the answers.  Personally I think Wargaming did a nice job accurately portraying the camo in game to real life.  The only thing the in game ship is missing is H34.  I also forgot about the double gun set up on the bow guns.  2 instead of the 1 in game.

Blyskawica2013-03.jpg

shot-18.06.16_09.57.53-0034.jpg

Edited by SuperSpud1

Modder
1,189 posts

It's accurate to the present-day ship for the most part however she never looked like that in the form that she is in WoWS with the 4.7" guns

[HYDRO]
Members
3,244 posts
4,813 battles

The modern Blyska pic you are comparing to is a refit of the ship to carry 4x2 4in DP guns.

Edited by warheart1992

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,446 posts
11,347 battles
11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The modern Blyska pic you are comparing to is a refit of the ship to carry 4x2 102mm DP guns.

The in game camo is an RN wartime DD camo. It is hard to say if she ever wore that particular camouflage but it looks damn good.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,244 posts
4,813 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The in game camo is an RN wartime DD camo. It is hard to say if she ever wore that particular camouflage but it looks damn good.

After a quick search I found this one for a model of the ship, supposedly in her 1943 camouflage.

4103_rd.jpg

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,522 posts
4,264 battles

It's accurate to the version of Blyskawica before her arrival in the UK in 1939 (hence the lack of H34, an RN designation.) in 1939 her after set of torpedo tubes was removed for a 76mm AA gun and modifications were made to make her and her sister,  ORP Grom, less top heavy in the Atlantic Theater. In 1941 her 120mm guns were updated to 100mm DP mounts. 

So you are looking at a pre-war Blyskawica, not one that was serving in the RN. A premium ship is a snapshot of that ship in a specific point in time. Like Warspite fit as she was in the Med,, or Molotov as she was in 1941. Tech Tree ships of the same class show the evolution in upgrades a ship received (or would receive, like Tashkent, whose B-hull was what the Russians were planning to upgrade her to)

Alpha Tester
2,257 posts

Blys initially had no camo.

1940-b%C5%82.-1024x625.jpg

She received a false bow wave in 1940, after fleeing to Britain. The only changes was the replacement of her aft torpedoes with a 3" AA gun. I believe this was how she appeared during Operation Dynamo. The camouflage you see in the game was applied to Blys in 1943, after she had refitted with 4" DP guns.

22-niszczyciel-orp-byskawica-w-lipcu-194

In short, the camo is historical, but Blys is in the wrong configuration. A simple solution would be to demount the premium camo, but you won't benefit from the bonuses if you do.