You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

More enticements to come back.

46 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts

So, once again WG is trying to drag people back to the game with "enticements".

I wonder if it ever occurs to them that working on the gameplay itself might work better as an enticement?:cap_hmm:

image.thumb.png.4435b4d9d0449a1319ce453572b2f67d.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DUDE_]
Members
3,072 posts
13,108 battles

I will say this, which is interesting. I was away for 2 weeks and got back in town and told my bro, I bet I get a Super container for being afk from the game for a bit... got two in my first three boxes. odd huh? If anyone thinks there isn't some home brewing in the loot box, MM, ships you get in Santa crates and so on......I got some land to sell you.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Totally agree, do better with the game and you won't have peeps leave in droves.

I only play when something special is going on, but I log in often. That keeps me out of the running for stuff like this. 

Tired of having to carry every battle, and not happy with the imbalances.

Every swinging d**k in the joint can mess around and have fun, but I have to be hyper sensitive pushing for the win. That's if there's gonna be a win. 

When a game becomes unenjoyable and akin to work, it's time to cut back/move on. 

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts
18 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I will say this, which is interesting. I was away for 2 weeks and got back in town and told my bro, I bet I get a Super container for being afk from the game for a bit... got two in my first three boxes. odd huh? If anyone thinks there isn't some home brewing in the loot box, MM, ships you get in Santa crates and so on......I got some land to sell you.

Hmm and 2 weeks ago while playing on a regular basis I got 2 supercontainers in a row. If you believe in conspiracy theories I have anecdotes for every one to sell you.

[DUDE_]
Members
3,072 posts
13,108 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm and 2 weeks ago while playing on a regular basis I got 2 supercontainers in a row. If you believe in conspiracy theories I have anecdotes for every one to sell you.

You my man are going to become very wealthy....

See the source image

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts
Just now, Sweetsie said:

You my man are going to become very wealthy....

One anecdote does not a critical thinker make.

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Minnesota should be called the Land Of 10,000 Anecdotes and 3 critical thinkers.

• Bad 2

[DUDE_]
Members
3,072 posts
13,108 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

lols..

[RLGN]
Members
8,645 posts
17,894 battles
27 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Tired of having to carry every battle, and not happy with the imbalances.

Except I love to do so with carriers in Co-op, which is the only place I can have any fun with them, considering my apparent lack of micro ability.

Despite considerable kvetching and offering up of solutions over the last two years, everything was apparently ignored, and it’s sounding like carriers will be turned into milquetoast units ‘in the name of easier accessibility,’ making it impossible to carry with them any more, even in Co-op.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I wonder if it ever occurs to them that working on the gameplay itself might work better as an enticement?:cap_hmm:

much better enticement than world of tanks,they tried to give me rental tanks and some premium time.

100k free exp,credits,containers that might give me something useful and a PERMANENT premium are good in my book.

but tell me,what do you think they should improve in the gameplay?

Members
727 posts

I was offline for about 3 months late 2017. I was awarded 2 premium ships via an email for returning. Decent ships too! The DeGrasse and Julio Cesare. That's an approximate $40 value or more? Not bad!

I've found WarGaming to be rather generous with the free goodies in WoWs versus WoT. I can't tell you how many free ships, slots, and barracks slots I've received. And I never buy premium time. Just premium ships.

Do these promotions entice people to come back and check it out? Yup. It worked on me. But I never truly leave WoWs. I simply get distracted with other titles for a period of time then return.

I'm kinda hoping I can get a free HMAS Vampire to round off my collection of low tier sealclubbing DDs... I missed that ship first go round...

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

They could work on their customer service too. It's [edited]awful, and much of that is based on anti-consumer policies and CS impotence.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,434 posts
6,146 battles

What work should they do, exactly?  I mean, aside from the work they already are doing?

Not to claim that the game is perfect (it isn't) or that WarGaming is the most noble company in existence (it isn't), but it seems to me that the majority of complaints I see come down to one of two things:

1. Game mechanic X makes it impossible to play the game the way I want to/have in the past.  Remove game mechanic X.
  2. My teammates always suck and/or get salty in game chat.

Neither of these "problems" are really fixable, at least not without upsetting another group of players as they do so, but even still they are trying.  Note the video series diving in-depth into game mechanics which they've been producing lately, or the live streams on Twitch which inevitably devolve into developer Q&A sessions.  They are trying to educate the player base, but the majority of players will never watch those videos or streams (or visit the forums).  Heck, the majority of people they send email offers to will never read the emails.

The fact of the matter is that for those of us here, the positives within the game outweigh the negatives.  The same is obviously true for the untold thousands who simply log on every so often and aggravate their teammates with mistake-filled play. 

Edited by Harv72b
  • Cool 4

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

What work should they do, exactly?  I mean, aside from the work they already are doing?

Not to claim that the game is perfect (it isn't) or that WarGaming is the most noble company is existence (it isn't), but it seems to me that the majority of complaints I see come down to one of two things:

1. Game mechanic X makes it impossible to play the game the way I want to/have in the past.  Remove game mechanic X.
  2. My teammates always suck and/or get salty in game chat.

Neither of these "problems" are really fixable, at least not without upsetting another group of players as they do so, but even still they are trying.  Note the video series diving in-depth into game mechanics which they've been producing lately, or the live streams on Twitch which inevitably devolve into developer Q&A sessions.  They are trying to educate the player base, but the majority of players will never watch those videos or streams (or visit the forums).  Heck, the majority of people they send email offers to will never read the emails.

The fact of the matter is that for those of us here, the positives within the game outweigh the negatives.  The same is obviously true for the untold thousands who simply log on every so often and aggravate their teammates with mistake-filled play. 

TLDR wows is pretty balanced,yes we get some broken ships here and there,but they are not invincible like world of tanks's chrysler K(the tank that is immune to shells but need premium shells to shoot,defeating the purpose of a premium tank),i'm still waiting for something truly game breaking.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,925 posts
5,386 battles

Should WoWS not reach out to former players to lure them back?  

It’s a lot easier to get a former customer back than it is to recruit a new one.   Just seems like good business practice to me, it seems to be working, and it costs them very little.

Members
1,172 posts
3,153 battles

They should only do this to players with at least 500 battles or so (I hope they do) so players who only played a couple games can't just skip to a higher tier eithout understanding the game. I guess they aren't going to givr out Giulio Cesare any more :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Should WoWS not reach out to former players to lure them back?  

It’s a lot easier to get a former customer back than it is to recruit a new one.   Just seems like good business practice to me, it seems to be working, and it costs them very little.

Seems to be working? WG depends on events and ship releases to try and keep numbers up, retention is a huge issue. The punishing MM that starts at tier 5 is a prime reason. WG has stated that the primary reason for -2+ is simply to force players to get to tier 10, where they can make more money off of them. Most players who play this game don't like being manipulated and abused in order to open their wallet, so you have the Cluster*()* in random that we have today. 

Why do you think they split the US cruiser line into two patches? Simply to drive numbers, because the game itself can't....:cap_hmm:

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Seems to be working? WG depends on events and ship releases to try and keep numbers up, retention is a huge issue. The punishing MM that starts at tier 5 is a prime reason. WG has stated that the primary reason for -2+ is simply to force players to get to tier 10, where they can make more money off of them. Most players who play this game don't like being manipulated and abused in order to open their wallet, so you have the Cluster*()* in random that we have today. 

Why do you think they split the US cruiser line into two patches? Simply to drive numbers, because the game itself can't....:cap_hmm:

if the numbers dropping are babies that can't get out of their comfort zone,i'm happy to see them gone.

punishing MM?play wot MM to see what is truly punishing.

the us cruiser line split was something that the community asked LONG AGO,not because it's to drive numbers(not the main reason,anyway).

wows has always been a niche game.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,925 posts
5,386 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

What does any of that have to do with the former player outreach program and its success rate?  Nothing.

As far as your points... do you have any *DATA* that shows:

- WoWS retention is significantly worse than other free to play games?

- Retention is driven down specifically by matchmaker versus other issues?

... or are you just ranting and speculating about stuff you don’t like?

[DUDE_]
Members
3,072 posts
13,108 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

No video game can. WG is doing the exact same thing every video game and other business in the world is doing. You can't fault them for that.

Members
3,999 posts
14,802 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

I wonder if it ever occurs to them that working on the gameplay itself might work better as an enticement?

I wonder that too. Nicknacks don't attract and retain players for long, it's GAME CONTENT that does. And crap like +2 -2 MM is no enticement.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I wonder that too. Nicknacks don't attract and retain players for long, it's GAME CONTENT that does. And crap like +2 -2 MM is no enticement.

:Smile_great:

Beta Testers
1,085 posts
14,095 battles
6 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Totally agree, do better with the game and you won't have peeps leave in droves.

Been here since CB and the numbers just keep rising, no idea why folks think "peeps are leaving in droves"

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
20 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Been here since CB and the numbers just keep rising, no idea why folks think "peeps are leaving in droves"

Plenty of charts and info out there showing numbers for totals. 

Ship types, servers overall, and ranked.

I assume your beef is gonna be the "droves" remark. :Smile_teethhappy:

I think WOWS is also listed in the top 5 hardest games to play. Think its 2 or 3. Not really encouraging new players to join. Might be one of reasons they're trying to "entice" old players back. 

EDIT: WOWS is number 9

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1