Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TypicalEngineer

Konig Albert, tier 3 fun

20 comments in this topic

Members
122 posts
1,950 battles

So I spotted the Konig Albert was on sale in the premium shop yesterday. Since this is somewhat of a rare ship and I've always had great interest in the German High Seas Fleet so I picked her up.

Still need to adjust a little bit to her guns but so far I like her. Been playing a bit to aggresieve but once I find my stride with her it will be good. 

So any fans of this ship arround here?

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles
2 minutes ago, TypicalEngineer said:

Been playing a bit to aggresieve

^^ Careful, DDs in tier 3 4 5 are going to clubber you as soon as you stick you neck out just enough to torp you :P. lower tiers are fun in general enjoy her as much as possible

Members
122 posts
1,950 battles

Yeah I know. She is mainly for uaving some fun and farming captain xp. Between the Konig Albert, the Graf Spee and the Sharnhorst I should be able yo rapidly train some high skill captains.

[WOLF8]
Members
4,823 posts
4,630 battles

Fortunately, she'll never see any Tier V ship, since she's Tier III, lol. The funky turret layout is kind of a bummer, but she packs a wallop... if you can hit stuffs. Her paint job is just too smexy to not stare at it... lel.

If you can afford to, Tirpitz would also be an excellent addition for your captain trainers. :3

[WOLFC]
Members
452 posts
19,114 battles

I have a ball in my Koenig Albert. Typical German dispersion on her main guns (or maybe just typical low tier BB dispersion) but that just means it's all the more satisfying when I citadel a Wyoming.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 1:44 PM, Chimera2 said:

huh wargaming's official stance on this thing is that they will never sell it again. I guess someone screwed up.

No, WoWS NA stance was to never sell it again. It’s not OP and never got a worldwide removal. Kamikaze and Imp. Nikolai are permanently removed worldwide. But even then there has been teasing that they aren’t staying removed.

Members
1,929 posts
10,019 battles

Hey

I too picked up the Albert but considering how many said it was borderline OP; I just didn't find this to be the case given it's dispersion which kind of surprised me on how bad it was.  I didn't see where it was really that much better than the Nassau.  Great looking ship and glad to have it in my fleet.

Pete

Members
122 posts
1,950 battles

Is has typical german dispersion indeed, but I find the guns cute punchy for a tier III. She is highly armoured for her tier and looks great in her white livery.

I'm glad to have her for low tier fun.

[WOLFC]
Members
452 posts
19,114 battles

I must confess, I use my Bismarck commander in her which has the manual secondary skill. Using the secondary flag makes them reach out to 5 km. The Koenig Albert's secondaries have saved my butt more than once. And it's always hilarious to get a CQE achievement in a tier 3 BB.

Members
122 posts
1,950 battles

I'm using the Konig Albert to train my secondary spec commander together with the Spee and the Bayern. My Sharnhorst has a beserker build which does not match with the Konig Albert.

Members
1,929 posts
10,019 battles

Hey

I find her kind of disappointing since it was supposedly OP before they pulled her from the store some time ago.  It look good but those guns are obviously low tier wonky; too bad, considering how good German ships were in the WW1 era.

Pete

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
223 posts
8,360 battles
On 6/20/2018 at 1:30 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

No, WoWS NA stance was to never sell it again. It’s not OP and never got a worldwide removal. Kamikaze and Imp. Nikolai are permanently removed worldwide. But even then there has been teasing that they aren’t staying removed.

It's back. As of 7/5/2018, you can buy Konig Albert in premium shop, with a $12.63 price tag. I do agree that Konig Albert is hurting T-3 games. It's too powerful at a too low tier. An experienced veteran with Konig Albert and a 19pt captain sea clubbing in a T3 game can make many new players quit, and it's bad for the game.

WG should put a population cap on Konig Albert (such as no more than 3% of all players). If the player base grows then she can be put for sale for variety reason. Beyond that she should be restricted to sell.

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
223 posts
8,360 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 7:48 AM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I too picked up the Albert but considering how many said it was borderline OP; I just didn't find this to be the case given it's dispersion which kind of surprised me on how bad it was.  I didn't see where it was really that much better than the Nassau.  Great looking ship and glad to have it in my fleet.

Pete

Pick a direction with no DD, then brawl into enemy fleet. She has very thick armor and very good penetration, plus secondaries. She is a knife fighter - although you need to plan the entry angle. Her ship/gun takes forever to turn, making she can only fire at one side.

Members
122 posts
1,950 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, Simuo said:

It's back. As of 7/5/2018, you can buy Konig Albert in premium shop, with a $12.63 price tag. I do agree that Konig Albert is hurting T-3 games. It's too powerful at a too low tier. An experienced veteran with Konig Albert and a 19pt captain sea clubbing in a T3 game can make many new players quit, and it's bad for the game.

WG should put a population cap on Konig Albert (such as no more than 3% of all players). If the player base grows then she can be put for sale for variety reason. Beyond that she should be restricted to sell.

Not sure how overpowered she really is. She is though but still has german dispersion. It is certainly no Nicolai or the old Orion.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
982 posts
8,732 battles

Put your 19 pt secondary spec captain in it for the luls and get a DD to chase you. You may not get the accuracy buff from manual secondary's but it's still hilarious.

[13CLM]
Members
331 posts
2,111 battles

I like her.....but torps kill me, she can't turn to save her life.

Sign in to follow this