Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Cleveland wants to live

10 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
322 posts
5,431 battles

I'm not sure how I stayed alive. I probably should be shooting more AP but every time I thought that this may be my last shot and tried to set fires.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles

I happened to catch that video on YT earlier.  I was surprised that one of those cruisers didn't nail you when you got air-spotted, since pretty much 1 or 2 hits would have been enough to see you off.  I was also shocked that that enemy Cleveland didn't nail you when he came around the corner.

[NKVD]
Members
866 posts
8,377 battles

Putting the Cleveland at tier 8 without more HP or some sort of heal was a terrible idea.  It is NOT a survivable ship to play in Tier 10 matches, which is always sees.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

I'm not sure how I stayed alive. I probably should be shooting more AP but every time I thought that this may be my last shot and tried to set fires.

even funnier is that given the right circumstances a Cleve can have three salvos in flight at the same time.

[-1]
Members
322 posts
5,431 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

I happened to catch that video on YT earlier.  I was surprised that one of those cruisers didn't nail you when you got air-spotted, since pretty much 1 or 2 hits would have been enough to see you off.  I was also shocked that that enemy Cleveland didn't nail you when he came around the corner.

very true--I expected to die any second )))

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
5 hours ago, JochenHeiden said:

Putting the Cleveland at tier 8 without more HP or some sort of heal was a terrible idea.  It is NOT a survivable ship to play in Tier 10 matches, which is always sees.

Meanwhile, Mogami, Chappy, Hipper do okay with what they have.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Meanwhile, Mogami, Chappy, Hipper do okay with what they have.

Perhaps, but those 3 have the range to kite away, while the Cleveland doesn't really have that option.  Still, a good player can do well in just about any ship.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Perhaps, but those 3 have the range to kite away, while the Cleveland doesn't really have that option.  Still, a good player can do well in just about any ship.

Mogami only has 50m more range than Cleveland.

15.62km vs 15.67km

Now Charles, Chappy and Hipper have lots more range

[DANKY]
Members
727 posts
2,066 battles
On 6/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, MrDeaf said:

Mogami only has 50m more range than Cleveland.

15.62km vs 15.67km

Now Charles, Chappy and Hipper have lots more range

Perhaps, but the Mogami can USE its range.  When I'm driving a destroyer, a Cleveland at 13km is no threat unless I'm asleep.  So far every one that I've dueled has burned down trying to get close enough to reliably hit me.  The few times I tried that with a Mogami I died (most common result) or got my butt rescued by a friendly battleship.   A Cleveland has a realistically useful range of 10-11 km unless it's harassing a battleship from behind  safe cover.  

Sign in to follow this