You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Draw Against KotS CV Player

12 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles

After 4k battles, I finally got my first draw, and against a unicum CV player to boot.

Lexington, when played to its strengths, can be a very terrifying CV to try and attack through. While not particularly menacing on the offensive, trying to break through its defense can be very tricky, doubly so when the player controlling is a unicum KotS player and not some potato that tries to clickfight everything.

To those who don't know who Phanzo_A is, I'll give you a brief rundown:

• CV main who manages a 64% solo WR over about 800 battles (unicum)
  • Australian who usually plays on SEA under the name Phanzo (7.5k battles there) and about 1k matches on NA
  • APOC's CV player during the KotS Supremacy (you can find him playing Hakuryu on youtube during those matches)

I will admit that I was outclassed (shameful, right? An Enterprise struggling against a Lexington? :Smile_bajan2:), as I knew my air defense wasn't up to par to intercept his attacks in time and thus was basically in a constant running battle with his fighters to try and break my bombers through, while he dodged strafe after strafe and made me pay for every attack.

I will also admit that our team would have lost had I not managed to kill the Chapayev at the last second (thankfully, AP bombers don't care very much about defensive AA).

To Phanzo_A, good luck and fair seas!

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 11.36.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 11.36.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 11.36.38 PM.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,368 posts
6,564 battles

Did you right-click and gave him a compliment in-game afterwards?

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

Did you right-click and gave him a compliment in-game afterwards?

Of course, as is proper for a gentleman.

• Cool 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,368 posts
6,564 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Of course, as is proper for a gentleman.

:Smile_honoring:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
820 posts
7,383 battles

I have learnt many a CV trick from @Phanzo_A, he is an excellent CV player and always willing to teach the skills required to be good at this class.

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

I have learnt many a CV trick from @Phanzo_A, he is an excellent CV player and always willing to teach the skills required to be good at this class.

It's a shame he doesn't seem to visit these forums.

APOC, from my experience, seems to have quite a few good CV players: Sky_Law (we became friends after he trounced me when back when I was grinding Shoukaku), Phanzo_A, and some other guy whose name begins with a D.

[APOC]
Members
4 posts
3,715 battles

Thank you very much @Avenge_December_7

Just like you, I am still very excited about that game too.

You are amazing, become such a good CV player after only 1000 CV games in total. I see potential in you. Complimented you twice right after the game.

But your words may mislead the public, I'm just an "above average" CV player, who day in and day out get humiliated by many and any top CV players I know on SEA server.

image.thumb.png.89e411187f51de34555a6063f6ca4e1e.png

image.thumb.png.27453b032548cc93cf3448156ee781e4.png

THANKS FOR THE GAME. GG

• Cool 2

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles
1 minute ago, Phanzo_A said:

Thank you very much @Avenge_December_7

Just like you, I am still very excited about that game too.

You are amazing, become such a good CV player after only 1000 CV games in total. I see potential in you. Complimented you twice right after the game.

But your words may mislead the public, I'm just an "above average" CV player, who day in and day out get humiliated by many and any top CV players I know on SEA server.

image.thumb.png.89e411187f51de34555a6063f6ca4e1e.png

image.thumb.png.27453b032548cc93cf3448156ee781e4.png

THANKS FOR THE GAME. GG

Aye, gg to you (and welcome to the forums as well). I do hope to meet you again and perhaps learn some new tricks from you.

Have a complementary +1 to commemorate your first post:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Members
10,941 posts

It's nice to see honorable opponents squaring off and having a good time with the competition. :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
20,937 posts
21,039 battles

I assume that this was a Standard battle.  Draws in Domination or Epicenter are damn near impossible, unless the last 2 opposing players kill each other in the same instant (which has happened to me).

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I assume that this was a Standard battle.  Draws in Domination or Epicenter are damn near impossible, unless the last 2 opposing players kill each other in the same instant (which has happened to me).

I've also seen the last 2 players ram and kill each other and one team wins....

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's nice to see honorable opponents squaring off and having a good time with the competition. :Smile_honoring:

Agreed. And this is how to fix CV's, have equally skilled players on each team.. you get either one of these two cv's against a nub, and it's GG