Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

My first AA Defense Expert

6 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,551 posts
25,683 battles

Excellent!

At Tier 6 it had to be a 2 CV per side game. 

The 40 plane threshold seems absurd to me for a surface ship. I’ve earned it once in Missouri while playing in division with an Essex. The red CV really wanted me dead.  Clearly the red CVs had it in for you too!

[NDA]
Supertester
4,923 posts
14,403 battles

Congrats. 

And I'm over here in my AA cruiser with nary a plane in sight much less a Carrier on the enemy team. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,213 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

Congrats. 

And I'm over here in my AA cruiser with nary a plane in sight much less a Carrier on the enemy team. 

That's the problem with AA cruisers....CV captains avoid them.  The beauty of QE is it's not recognized as an AA platform.  It's seen as a victim.  A big slow T6 BB...off alone, without CA support.  CV captains just can't resist it.  Half the challenge is getting off alone, while remaining connected to your team in general (there is still a surface battle to manage!!!)...but get noticed by the CV captain as a BB outside friendly AA protection.  It's fun to bait them.  That said, only about half my games do I breach 10 plane kill.   get a 30 something every 30 or 40 games.  And a 40 something about twice a year.  This being the first since they created the new AA defense expert for surface ships. 

Sign in to follow this