Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLutherx

MM rant

13 comments in this topic

[STP]
Members
102 posts
9,916 battles

My god I really don't understand how the hell WG intend to bring new players with a awful MM like this, I'm really trying to bring some new players to this game and they all stop at tier V because this [edited] MM is always bottom tiering them, why they even bother to use a feature "invite a friend" if they don't want to make things smoother for newbies... And what pisses me off the most is their "The MM's fine" without any decent argument, not mentioning the tons of detonations and afks at tier V...

[NG-NL]
Members
5,096 posts
8,466 battles

WG is unwilling at this point to reverse the protected MM on T3-4 (which admittedly they should). So getting to good ships is a test of how badly they want it.

Wouldn't expect the instant-gratification crowd to understand this kind of playtime.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Hmm. Tiers 1-4 are still there to play. No one says you have to play tier 5+. Just like I don't play ranked past 10.

If they aren't happy with tiers 1-4, and don't like the difficulty of tiers 5+, maybe they dislike more than the mm.

[STP]
Members
102 posts
9,916 battles
3 minutes ago, Reymu said:

WG is unwilling at this point to reverse the protected MM on T3-4 (which admittedly they should). So getting to good ships is a test of how badly they want it.

Wouldn't expect the instant-gratification crowd to understand this kind of playtime.

This is a terrible test because, how they`ll even make money if players stop before getting the high priced ships, this is bad administration at its finest...

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles

You might as well be ranting to your goldfish. It was a mistake for them to make protected tiers and it is a mistake for them to keep the 3 tier battle system. Try telling them that and of course the people who insist that they love the 3 tier system, some people just can't hear even though they seem to be listening.

[STP]
Members
102 posts
9,916 battles

And what logic is that? How they are going to make money if there are no new players? The old players are leaving, new players are not staying, they might as well shut this game out... Those are proofs that WG does not know how to manage this game... Russian bias at its finest...

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Until the players revolt WG will keep everything as is.... We all know you can't get 5 forumites to agree on any  subject concerning MM..... They all have their opinions and solutions.

[NAVY]
Members
1,019 posts
4,092 battles

People have been complaining and ranting about WG's MM for as long as I can remember, both in WoT and WoWs.

The thing is, while it is not perfect, the MM in WoWs currently is better than it is used to be when the game first started.

I don't think MM is what will drive new or old players away either. People have been saying it was going to be the death of both WoT and WoWs for a number of years now, and well, they are both still chugging right along.

[WORX]
Members
1,996 posts
13,477 battles

BTW, tier 4 is not protected, you will see anything from tier 3 to 5. it is what it is in order to get a match together. I dont see the problem with lower tier MM. Upper Tier MMM dont get me started.

[DAY]
Members
1,187 posts
12,148 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

BTW, tier 4 is not protected, you will see anything from tier 3 to 5. it is what it is in order to get a match together. I dont see the problem with lower tier MM. Upper Tier MMM dont get me started.

protected as in, 4 wont see 6 unless you fail div a t5

and ya....T5 is the worst tier atm, absolute worst, the power gap between 5 and 7 is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and wg make 5 see 7 all the time

[WORX]
Members
1,996 posts
13,477 battles
2 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

the power gap between 5 and 7 is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and wg make 5 see 7 all the time

BB wise not so much with Oktuber and GC can hold her own in the tier Cruisers you may have a point because BB are strong. DDs on the other hand I think US/German/Russian nations are ok. Japan DDs its not good facing up tiered Cruisers. Overall I disagree with your statement for the points stated

[TDRB]
Members
1,299 posts
4,971 battles

I played 3 randoms driving by T5 Bretagne with only T4 & T5 ships in the battle tonight. I played 3 randoms running T7 ships. At least 8 ships were T8 & T9 in all 3 battles.

[RKLES]
Members
7,507 posts
9,538 battles

At some point Wargaming might fix the MM by doing -1/+1 MM like they did in WOT Blitz.

But then again I do find that ships 2 tiers above me in matches  are fun to feast on to improve my scores... :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this