Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Quit Putting DDs In Operations

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,811
[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

It's bad enough when you see 1 DD in Raptor Rescue and other Scenarios. The bots beat the torps even when fired from close range. Cruiser guns do little damage to the ships and DDs guns don't do any. It takes fire power from the Team and makes playing the operation stupid at best (at least with a random team). When the DDs torps get beat ( and they do every time) it makes the enemy ships turn away from broadside and then makes them even harder to get good hits on. Torps are a joke in Operations and need to be fixed if you ever really want DDs to be viable in Ops. The way it is, if there is one DD in the battle it's a lot harder to win. I have played five battles in Operation Raptor Rescue in the last 3 days and 4 out of the five had two Destroyers and it was four out of five losses. Please limit it to One DD, so there is at least a fighting chance. I don't think that any seven player division would play with one DD let alone two. Make random operations playable for random teams. Limit the DDs to One or get rid of them from Operations completely.

This post is in no way a dig on DD players, I would use them in operations if they weren't so awful in them. You can let fly about how good you do with them, but the reality is they really suck in the Scenarios. I would rather see a CV than a DD in Operations and most CVs don't do well either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,929 posts
5,713 battles

The only DD worth taking into Raptor Rescue is Farragut, and only because she can hide Raptor and the convoy with the USN smoke. Timed right, Raptor can stay hidden until the final sprint to the finish, and allies can stay concealed to heal up via Liberty. But the DD needs to know what he's doing, otherwise they'll just be focused and sunk before they can be of any use.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,811
[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
9 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The only DD worth taking into Raptor Rescue is Farragut, and only because she can hide Raptor and the convoy with the USN smoke. Timed right, Raptor can stay hidden until the final sprint to the finish, and allies can stay concealed to heal up via Liberty. But the DD needs to know what he's doing, otherwise they'll just be focused and sunk before they can be of any use.

Gaede is not so bad with the 152's and I have seen some, not many, DD players that do well. Two DDs just sucks though. It amounts to throwing away signals and 10 to 20 minutes of your time..

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,082 battles
28 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's bad enough when you see 1 DD in Raptor Rescue and other Scenarios. The bots beat the torps even when fired from close range. Cruiser guns do little damage to the ships and DDs guns don't do any. It takes fire power from the Team and makes playing the operation stupid at best (at least with a random team). When the DDs torps get beat ( and they do every time) it makes the enemy ships turn away from broadside and then makes them even harder to get good hits on. Torps are a joke in Operations and need to be fixed if you ever really want DDs to be viable in Ops. The way it is, if there is one DD in the battle it's a lot harder to win. I have played five battles in Operation Raptor Rescue in the last 3 days and 4 out of the five had two Destroyers and it was four out of five losses. Please limit it to One DD, so there is at least a fighting chance. I don't think that any seven player division would play with one DD let alone two. Make random operations playable for random teams. Limit the DDs to One or get rid of them from Operations completely.

This post is in no way a dig on DD players, I would use them in operations if they weren't so awful in them. You can let fly about how good you do with them, but the reality is they really suck in the Scenarios. I would rather see a CV than a DD in Operations and most CVs don't do well either.

 As for DD's in Ops.. deal with it. Yeah it sucks to have 3 potato DDs in an Op, but I've seen horrible play from every class, and I've been guilty of my share of scatter-brained moments as well. As for the bots dodging torps, yeah they do, IF the DD capt doesn't know to untarget the torps before launch. In Aegis in particular a good DD can run riot.

 

20 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The only DD worth taking into Raptor Rescue is Farragut, and only because she can hide Raptor and the convoy with the USN smoke. Timed right, Raptor can stay hidden until the final sprint to the finish, and allies can stay concealed to heal up via Liberty. But the DD needs to know what he's doing, otherwise they'll just be focused and sunk before they can be of any use.

Fushun says Farra is outclassed. Better guns, better torps, faster torp reload, faster top speed, better concealment. Her smoke has an effective 10 sec reload and that can be cut almost in half with signals and capt skills. She can smoke Raptor for the entire final run if needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,811
[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
12 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

As for DD's in Ops.. deal with it

I deal with it always, if I see a DD in the line up, I mash escape as quick as possible. It doesn't always work. In which case I usually come in first place on a defeat. The way Raptor Rescue is going this week it looks like a week of Ghost Recon for me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles

All Ops that allows DDs, I achieved 5 stars on, using Hatsuharu and Shiratsuyu.

It's not DDs, it's the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,518
[RLGN]
Members
8,694 posts
17,952 battles
47 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

All Ops that allows DDs, I achieved 5 stars on, using Hatsuharu and Shiratsuyu.

It's not DDs, it's the players.

This^^^

I have the achievement for winning an Op in all four classes in several of the Ops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles

Depends on who is captaining the DD, though. I've seen people YOLO and not know what to do in cruisers, BBs, and CVs. The thing is, though, if you make a mistake in a DD, its far less forgiving.

I've done well in the Farragut and Anshan in both Killer Whale and Raptor Rescue as well as Aegis. I've even taken a Hatsuhara out in Killer Whale and done very well in it, and I'm an average DD player.

I met some pretty cool guys a few weeks ago in-game and have been running Operation divisions with them several times a week. If you want to see how to play a DD in Operations, I recommend checking out @Lightninger YouTube channel. He has some good videos up of just how effective a DD can be in an Operation.

 

 

 

Edited by daVinci761st
fixed YouTube link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×