You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
twynn

need help with premium purchase decision.

26 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
3,924 battles

got approval from the wife...its either Kidd, Sims or Atlanta.  but looking for opinions. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles

buy her something pretty and cool.

get kidd

Edited by Cruxdei

[PSP]
Members
67 posts
14,139 battles

I have both the Kidd and the Atlanta.  I have had the Kidd for about a week but don't feel like I can comment on it yet.  I have had the Atlanta for over a year and love it.  I have a 19 pt captain on it.  It's my credit making ship.  It took me a while to learn how to play it.  The Atlanta is awesome.

[CK5]
Members
1,059 posts
9,602 battles

If you have plenty of DD experience in up to T8, then Kidd and Sims are fairly easy to use out of the box.  Atlanta is a truly unique ship and will produce a "love it or hate it" reaction.  A lot of previous CA/CL experience would help.   

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,473 posts
4,940 battles

If its possible to say a bit about your playstyle and goals in the game, it would be easier to recommend a premium ship that will satisfy you

[NAB]
Members
423 posts
9,672 battles

I absolutely LOVE the Atlanta, and the Kidd is pretty awesome too.  The Atlanta isn't for everyone but if you can be patient and make good choices, she's a dpm monster and a constant state of annoyance for the reds.  Division up with your favorite CV player in your clan and faceroll the enemy!  (you can do that in the Kidd too because the AA is disgusting on it)

[WORX]
Members
4,576 posts
15,437 battles

Well I am biased towards  Annoying the living day lights out of BB mains and watching red chat tears flow. IF your an HE spamming type player then ATLANTA  hands down

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,893 posts
11,620 battles

I am going to suggest something else that will fit the tiers you are up to and your playing mostly cruisers, the Graf Spee.

[TBW]
Members
7,895 posts
14,415 battles

Don't get anything, start getting her used to the idea that you can get almost all of the Premiums at Thanksgiving in the big ship bundle for about $500.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,276 posts
12,299 battles

if it possible, be nice to your wife and take the opportunity to buy all 3

• Funny 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

If you needed your wife's approval, don't buy any of them. You need to stop playing and spend more time wife your wife. 

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

Use the money to buy boxes instead and you may end up with both! I spend 22 bucks on the 5 pack and got both Sims and Atlanta. 

Edited by Slumlord_Trump

[WORX]
Members
4,576 posts
15,437 battles

On second thought.  Buy premium time instead of ships, 6 months untill the special of the end of the yr.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,539 posts
15,734 battles

Premium time affects ...or is it effects.... either way Premium Account or Time trumps all ships, every game you play... you benefit whereas with a ship you may hate it (musashi) and say to yourself... wow

See the source image

Members
619 posts
699 battles
55 minutes ago, twynn said:

got approval from the wife...its either Kidd, Sims or Atlanta.  but looking for opinions. 

Get her a Kid.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I have never owned any of these 3 and have absolutely no experience piloting these ships.  But I can tell you I am always worried about an Atlanta on the other team more than almost any of the other ships.  If it's in a good spot it can tear through people with a rainbow of fire that leaves tier 5-8 frustrated.  Kidds and Sims are worthy foes too, but it's never half as huge of a paining my @$$ as the Atlanta.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,893 posts
11,620 battles
13 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I have never owned any of these 3 and have absolutely no experience piloting these ships.  But I can tell you I am always worried about an Atlanta on the other team more than almost any of the other ships.  If it's in a good spot it can tear through people with a rainbow of fire that leaves tier 5-8 frustrated.  Kidds and Sims are worthy foes too, but it's never half as huge of a paining my @$$ as the Atlanta.

The Atlanta is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. In the hands of someone that is good with her they will make your life hell but if they aren't good they will die an early and ugly death.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,708 posts
12,509 battles
18 minutes ago, Highlord said:

Get her a Kid.

That clearly is the most expensive option of the lot. 

At least, if you can get her a Kidd and that stops requests for (more babies) for 6 months, you’d definitely save the most money :-p

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,498 posts
15,488 battles

Are you a DD main?

Get the kids.

Do you want a tier 7 cruiser to run in iOS, coop and randoms?

Not an easy ship to play, but enjoyable when played right...

Get Atlanta.

Sims is a quirky ship. 

[AAA]
Members
686 posts
8,401 battles

Atlanta is super quirky. It’s the cure for cvs. Can be a nightmare for dds and nonstop he spam I’m the hands of a skilled captain. It has no armour and short range guns. It has to hide behind islands or it’s back to port. Can be fun if you learn her. Can make a lot of credits. 

Sims is a typical USN dd with slow weak long range torps or super short fast torps. Really a gunship. I like t6-7 tech ships better than sims. Pass

Kidd is a cap bully. Fletcher guns with repair party so taking damage knife fighting dds isn’t a big deal. Only has 1 torp launcher with the benson torps. So outside of spitting and bullying the cap it’s useless. Does have pretty good AA. I used Kidd to run to rank 10. 

Honestly USN has some very niche premiums. 

Members
32 posts
3,924 battles

My goals are to have fun. I know very stupid comment but its really it. I mostly play CA and DD so either would be fine. I dont pay for premium account so credit maker would be good as well. Im not married to these 3 choices but they are the 3 that come to mind..I also considering the Leningrad.  would consider Tirpitz too but wife wont let me spend that much lol.  I really enjoy my Murmansk and have have a pretty good understanding of how to play the Atlanta. Also..i have way more US ships than any other faction so a premium ship would help train capts. Any suggestions...input would be helpful...thanks 

[WOLF5]
Members
739 posts
25,894 battles
1 hour ago, twynn said:

My goals are to have fun. I know very stupid comment but its really it. I mostly play CA and DD so either would be fine. I dont pay for premium account so credit maker would be good as well. Im not married to these 3 choices but they are the 3 that come to mind..I also considering the Leningrad.  would consider Tirpitz too but wife wont let me spend that much lol.  I really enjoy my Murmansk and have have a pretty good understanding of how to play the Atlanta. Also..i have way more US ships than any other faction so a premium ship would help train capts. Any suggestions...input would be helpful...thanks 

Depending on how often you play per day, if your goal is to level up quicker & make more credits/free xp/commander xp, you would probably be better off getting premium time. Remember premium time gives you a +50% multiplier on all the credit and xp per game. If you buy just a premium ship, you only get a ship that allows you to swap captains of the same nations, maybe a slight credit/xp improvement over her tech tree cousins, but that's only if you play her. With prem time, you get it on every match you play. 

The Simms has a huge XP multiplier, Kidd seems to have a slight one considering how difficult it is to do damage in her, ATL seems to be fairly normal. As for credit income, remember the higher tier you are, the higher the ceiling is, BUT remember as a T-VII, you're more likely to be top tier than T-VIII. 

With all that said, unless you're very used to playing in the current radar rich environment, I don't know that I would recommend a dd. With the Halsey campaign going on, there's a lot of T-VIII+ play and most of those CA/CLs have radar. Also the ATL is a very quirky ship - depending on the map and team, you can have amazing games, but get either of those a bit off and you're going to struggle. Now if you're getting something for operations, then the ATL's a no brainer. 

Now if you're going to buy premium time, I'd recommend getting the Admiral's Bounty for $53.62. It will give you 13,500 doubloons and 30 days premium. If you buy that this weekend, you'll get an additional 1,500 doubloons on/about 6/22. That means you'll get 15,000 doubloons and 30 days prem. You can then buy premium time in the game for doubloons. You can get 180 days for 13,500 doubloons in game and still have 1,500 doubloons left to spend. So if you buy that pack, you'll end up with roughly 7 months of premium time and 1,500 doubloons which is a much better deal than buying 180 days premium straight at $57.49.

• Cool 1

[SOB]
Members
90 posts
5,835 battles
13 hours ago, twynn said:

The Atlanta is a LOT of fun, that said 1. you need cover, get caught out in the open, Nothing Good Happens. 2. you Need a 10 point Capt. in order to get more range.

There is a 3rd option...the Helena is coming soon. Less guns but better range 13.2 W/O any skills, as opposed to the Atlanta 11.1.

One man's opinion freely given and worth almost that much

Edited by Valin_2017

[SOB]
Members
90 posts
5,835 battles
7 hours ago, twynn said:

duck-logo350.jpg