Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

musashi or kronshtadt

choose your character  

76 members have voted

1. 1. sees or soos

• kronshtadt
    • musashi
    • what if coal becomes available in the prem shop?salem and other oddities.

41 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles

the title is the question boys and girls.

tell me the pros and cons of the ships and WHY i should pick X instead of Y.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Zoup has answered this already in one of his YouTube videos. Go look it up and see if you agree. 

i need more opinions,zoup is a pretty nice guy but just one opinion isn't enough for me.

musashi is similar to yammy but krons is unique,no moskva don't come even close.

• Cool 1

[GOFU]
Members
936 posts
9,918 battles

Whats your playstyle, and what ships do you prefer??

I have all the FXP ships and its an expensive exercise when you dont like them, Kronshtadt is the only one that suits me the others are just port queens.

I got Zamensky for it and slowly working him to 19 points.

For me the only real 'con' is what i deem slow turrets, my config has them at 29 sec for 180 degrees.

33.5 knots stock is enough, i run speed flag.

Still experimenting with rudder shift vs propulsion mod, so far leaning towards the propulsion mod as ilike the quicker start and u can throw off aim of the reds with it somewhat.

Def AA is enough to help out should a CV pop up.

Makes good coin even in coop.

No point getting a ship that doesnt fit your playstyle, or your not willing to alter your playstyle to suit that ship.

it has to be FUN to play...

If i was to compare it to any ships you played it would be the Scharnhorst, the Kron to me is truly a battleship/cruiser hybrid.

[FML]
Members
2,708 posts
12,509 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

i need more opinions,zoup is a pretty nice guy but just one opinion isn't enough for me.

musashi is similar to yammy but krons is unique,no moskva don't come even close.

Fair enough. But perhaps you could describe what you are looking for in a ship, what makes you happy. 

Personally, I don’t care for either of them, so I’ve not got them, so I can’t give advice on personal experience. Sorry. 

Members
70 posts
5,674 battles

I'm  in the same dilemma. If I get Kronsh, then will my Moskva even be used anymore? Is it most folks opinion that the Kronsh is better in most ways than the Moskva?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles
7 minutes ago, Battle_Cat_Cringer said:

I'm  in the same dilemma. If I get Kronsh, then will my Moskva even be used anymore? Is it most folks opinion that the Kronsh is better in most ways than the Moskva?

i see krons as a unique ship,the first tier9 "freemium" that is not a complete copypasta of a tech tree ship.

i have the alabama and NC,they somehow fit the musashi playstyle,long range fight,angle it so you don't show your citadel and etc.

musashi don't have AA,if i buy her i must erase the word "anti-air" from my mind.

krons is a heavy cruiser,battlecruiser or A BATTLESHIP THAT IS USING SOPHISTICATED STEALTH DEVICES SO MM RADAR SHOW IT AS A CRUISER.

the secret one is the coal and the arsenal,IF they come to the prem shop aka as something you can buy too like doubloons. that way they allow me to get salem and other ships that might join the arsenal.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,232 posts
15,642 battles

Full disclosure I own the Missouri and the Musashi. I have also played the Kronshtadt. 

If I had played the Musashi Before purchasing it I might not have bought it. Its ok if you like playing creeping fortress mode and don't mind the fires, slow turret rotations or the ever impending DOOOM that a CV can bring to your ship. So while the ship sits in my port I kind of think I would have been better served saving the Free Exp for something else. 

I haven't and probably won't spend Free Exp on the Kronshtadt. 

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
584 posts
12,271 battles

Kronshtadt, I like this particular cruiser experience. Suits my playstyle.

I will probably get Musashi later.

Missoura didn't turn my crank. Already, have Alabama in port.

Edited by swifttex1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles

the coal and musashi is winning the pool.

remember the coal is some kind of thought i had in mind,i don't know if coal will be available in the prem shop BUT IF it becomes,the appeal of a tier x premium ship is too much(unless salem get a super high price,since it's tier X,it might offset a little since i went to rank 10 in 3 ranked seasons,the coal i get for it might help or not).

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
5,628 battles

Id do mush since its the oldest one so itll be around not as long as the kron.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,760 posts
9,362 battles

Russian Bias ftw

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,602 posts
33,890 battles

My opinions.

I'm going to pass on the Musashi.  Too similar to Yamato.  And I have the Yamato unlocked (waiting for sale before buying).  And I have the HSF camo for the Yamato.

I'm also going to pass on the Kronshtadt as well because I want to see what free XP ships are in the near future and not really interested in a Russian large cruiser.  If it was the Alaska instead, it would be an instant buy for me.

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
5,628 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

This is my train of thought on the topic. Availability may become an issue. But there isnt a guarantee it ends up that way, so idk. 

Right.  Im still on the fence too tbh.  Granted im only halfway to any of them right now so ehhh.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles
36 minutes ago, Skraeling said:

Id do mush since its the oldest one so itll be around not as long as the kron.

yeah,after what happened to misso,i don't trust WG way of using the word "permanent".

but misso left because of her insane credit printing capabilities,musashi and krons can't even come close.

[SYN]
Members
5,196 posts
12,444 battles

Personally, the Kron.  Hands down.

Suits my playstyle, and I don't have the patience to deal with the inconsistencies of RNG-influenced battleship gunnery.

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
5,628 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

yeah,after what happened to misso,i don't trust WG way of using the word "permanent".

but misso left because of her insane credit printing capabilities,musashi and krons can't even come close.

Yeah.  No clue what the time table would be on either of these.  Suppose I could just hoover fxp till something gets announced.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,809 posts
30,129 battles

I own Missouri, Nelson, Musashi and Kronshtadt. 

After a few days, I tried to get WG to give me a refund on Musashi. It’s a Yamato with much weaker secondaries, no AA, and, most importantly, worse accuracy. What is Yamato’s greatest strength?  Those awesome guns with great accuracy. Don’t get me wrong, Musashi throws the same shells and when they hit YAWZAA!!!  I just don’t care for the static, conservative game play you need to make Yamato and her step-sister work best. 

Kronshtadt is high risk/high reward. Sometimes the gunnery mates are sniffing glue, but those guns are just silly for a cruiser when they connect. It’s faster than reviewers seemed to give it credit for. The AA isn’t terrible, but you have to be careful and selfish about using Defensive AA. Radar only lasts long enough for 2 salvos, so that’s only 18 shells to kill a DD. But I think Kronshtadt is really fun to play. Much better than Moskva IMHO, and definitely NOT a clone. Oh, I forgot that torpedoes in the belt don’t hurt that much. 34% torp damage reduction is a big deal. 

P.S.  I’m a DD main

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,544 posts
15,750 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Zoup has answered this already in one of his YouTube videos. Go look it up and see if you agree. 

lmbo watch his video on how "said boxes weren't worth buying" and two days later he comes out and says how they are absolutely worth buying without giving one single reason as how to validate their worth or why they went from not worth it to ...worth it. It's one of the worst examples of sucking up Ive ever seen. 

As for the Musashi. I saw his video, its complete trash. He might have well have said..."since my sponsors want me to say this as it reflects the best revenue opportunity for all involved, get the Musashi… then get the crankshaft...…" If you want an active ship supporting your team, dodging and weaving... fires and glory...or a ship with no AA, no Speed, no detection, no radar, no hydro, no secondarys, literally nothing....except the hope that some noob sails broadside.... by then all means... get the Musashi. Here is a picture of the mushashi in game, hiding behind an island.

See the source image

• Funny 2

[FML]
Members
2,708 posts
12,509 battles
14 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

lmbo watch his video on how "said boxes weren't worth buying" and two days later he comes out and says how they are absolutely worth buying without giving one single reason as how to validate their worth or why they went from not worth it to ...worth it. It's one of the worst examples of sucking up Ive ever seen. 

As for the Musashi. I saw his video, its complete trash. He might have well have said..."since my sponsors want me to say this as it reflects the best revenue opportunity for all involved, get the Musashi… then get the crankshaft...…" If you want an active ship supporting your team, dodging and weaving... fires and glory...or a ship with no AA, no Speed, no detection, no radar, no hydro, no secondarys, literally nothing....except the hope that some noob sails broadside.... by then all means... get the Musashi. Here is a picture of the mushashi in game, hiding behind an island.

So, tell us how you really feel?

CCs cop abuse about bias and being WG stooges all the time. I think, for the most part, they’re being pretty honest about their assessments. But, they are just people playing a game; if they’re not having fun at that moment, then that’ll tilt their view. 

As for the OP, if s/he had expressed a preference for mobility, gunnery or AA, most people could have helped. In the absence of that, we’re all just guessing. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,544 posts
15,750 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

CCs cop abuse about bias and being WG stooges all the time. I think, for the most part, they’re being pretty honest about their assessments. But, they are just people playing a game; if they’re not having fun at that moment, then that’ll tilt their view. 

As for the OP, if s/he had expressed a preference for mobility, gunnery or AA, most people could have helped. In the absence of that, we’re all just guessing. 

have you watched his video? it's embarrassing.

[FML]
Members
2,708 posts
12,509 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

have you watched his video? it's embarrassing.

Which one are you talking about? If the Musashi/Kronstadt video, I don’t remember the specifics but he does discuss their gameplay - which might have been of assistance to the OP.

I have watched many, but not most videos from various CCs incl notser, ichase, jingles, flamu, and others. I didn’t form my assessment from only one video. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles
20 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

oh don't get me wrong,krons and musashi are not exactly the fastest kids in the block,their gunney are like apples and oranges and their AA is pretty mediocre or null.

musashi might get the fear factor but she lives and dies by the gun,korns need positioning and to rely on her armor to bounce some shells too(just like musashi).

thinking about it both have similar gameplay,it's just that people at tier9 tier10 go too passive,i see musashi with a different gameplay than yammy now,her sigma is lower so i need to get closer,her secondaries might not be the yamato levesl but they are still secondaries that can reach 10km or more.

i see her as a bullet sponge for the team,can't tank dmg at max range  "sniping" people right?this is what i hate about current yamato gameplay,i think that IF i get her,i will use an unorthodox gameplay,money is not an issue to her,so i  will need to play for the objective right?

anyway does anyone know about the gameplay of des moines?salem  is very similar.

Beta Testers
928 posts
7,888 battles

Musashi, the Izumo replacement. An advantage few people note with the Musashi is that by taking her into battle, you are forcing the enemy team to have a tier 9 ship instead of another tier 10 ship. Your team now effectively has one extra tier 10 ship on the enemy team. Also, 9 extra 46cm guns never hurt

Sign in to follow this