You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Can something please be done about Tier 8

63 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
297 posts
10,259 battles

The amount of uptiering I see when playing Tier 8 is beyond staggering, I'm more surprised when I don't see Tier 10s then when I do. It makes grinding through tier 8 painful and unfun, I thought Tier 5 and 6 had it rough, but nope its Tier 8. Which is truly ironic seeing how that is where WG makes most of its money with premo ships. However just like with WoT, WG wants to make T8 literally the worst possible tier it can be -_-

• Cool 16
  • Boring 1

[RST]
Members
1,894 posts
11,961 battles

Something is being done. Less people are playing their tier 8 ships!  WG doesn't care and you are about to be overwhelmed with hate posts. Be prepared.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,141 posts
5,943 battles
3 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

The amount of uptiering I see when playing Tier 8 is beyond staggering, I'm more surprised when I don't see Tier 10s then when I do. It makes grinding through tier 8 painful and unfun, I thought Tier 5 and 6 had it rough, but nope its Tier 8. Which is truly ironic seeing how that is where WG makes most of its money with premo ships. However just like with WoT, WG wants to make T8 literally the worst possible tier it can be -_-

don't even compare wows with world of tanks.

they destroyed wot beyond repair,they can't remove gold ammo now because they would need to REbalance A LOT of tanks,and they still need to balance A LOT of tanks.

they are now changing the pref mm tanks since the EULA now allows it(it always allowed,people just could not see that part).

you can kill a tier10 here,you can DREAM of killing a tier10 in world of tanks.

yeah tier8 fighting tier10 is bad for some people,it's a passive gameplay,pretty boring.

but i will take wows tier8 matches anytime of the day instead of wot tier8(unless i'm playing emil 1,that thing is dope).

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

Learn to enjoy the challenge you will learn from it. Otherwise if you keep on uptiering either go on a hiatus for play some lower tiers for a bit. Just because higher tiers seem better does not mean they will be as fun.

Members
5,202 posts
9,288 battles

T8 is uncomfortable by design. They want to incentivize people to push to T10. Kinda sucks for those T8 premies sitting in port though. 

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,637 posts
5,296 battles

The damage just doesn't scale well T8+.  T10 is the credit sink and also the ultimate goal so those ships need to feel more powerful than the normal progression would lead to.  I'd prefer that weren't the case but I imagine that most people like having T10 be OP by design.

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
6,304 battles

Honestly, I think the whole issue with T8 MM started when WG released permanent T10 camo. It came after the flat service fees and, in my opinion, made T10 too profitable. Before, players were regularly dropping down into T8 premiums and T5-7 ships to grind up credits to be able to afford T10 games. The permanent camo's throw this out the window by making it so T10 ships cost about as much as T8 ships to repair and resupply(possibly even cheaper, I don't know as I don't own any T10s yet). So now people just spam their T10s once they get there, leaving fewer T8s in queue to fill up T8 games.

Permanent camo's, while a great concept overall, just went a little bit too far with the service reduction costs for T10. And unfortunately WG can't really change it now unless they want more backlash than they've ever received in the past.

It's a shame really. I like a lot of the T8s (both tech tree and premium) and even all the T9s I currently have(except Iowa, that ship can rust into oblivion. Do not like). It covers the early 1940s for ships, and are in my opinion some of the most fun and coolest designs. Being up-tiered a lot starts to really suck the fun out of playing those ships.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 2

Members
1,727 posts
14,725 battles

Have a lot of tier 8 ships that just sit in port.  Decided to play my Prinz Eugen a couple of days ago, had not played in awhile, quickly was dropped into a tier 10 game.  Only tier 8 other then a couple of Bensons on my team, did what I could but hard to be impactful when out ranged pretty badly.  Team was crap, went down quickly.  So, with that bad taste in my mouth, decided to jump into Roma, was once again dropped into a mostly tier 10 game, Yami’s, Montana’s and Conc’s shooting at me, another quick game (our DDs taken out very quickly).  Decided not to play tier 8 any more for awhile.  I will not purchase another tier 8 ship until MM in fixed for Solo players, we should not be the cannon fodder for tier 9 and tier 10 divisions.

• Cool 6

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
Just now, Panzer1113 said:

Have a lot of tier 8 ships that just sit in port.  Decided to play my Prinz Eugen a couple of days ago, had not played in awhile, quickly was dropped into a tier 10 game.  Only tier 8 other then a couple of Bensons on my team, did what I could but hard to be impactful when out ranged pretty badly.  Team was crap, went down quickly.  So, with that bad taste in my mouth, decided to jump into Roma, was once again dropped into a mostly tier 10 game, Yami’s, Montana’s and Conc’s shooting at me, another quick game (our DDs taken out very quickly).  Decided not to play tier 8 any more for awhile.  I will not purchase another tier 8 ship until MM in fixed for Solo players, we should not be the cannon fodder for tier 9 and tier 10 divisions.

You forget, even if they "fix" match maker than nothing will change.

[VW]
Members
2,796 posts
15,102 battles

I agree it is ridiculous, once in a while is ok, 9/10 is disincentivizing. People will hat on you because they like to farm tier 8 with thier tier 10 ships, but want you to enjoy the challenge.

if people stop buying their tier 8 premiums, they might do something. If enough people sell tier 8 ships maybe they will fix it so you have to rebuy them...?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

Solution, Tier XII. So that way, we can complain about Tier X.

• Funny 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

I rather enjoy the credit and xp bonuses of killing tier 10 ships as a tier 8.  The only tier I won't touch is 5 anymore.  Tier 7 just has too much of an edge against them.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
110 posts
7,921 battles

For reasons I'm too slow to understand, I do a lot better in T8 ships than in T10 ships.  Even with the never ending up-tier battles, I'm regularly a top-3 player on my team, win or lose.  When I play T10, I'm middle of the pack.   Maybe I just accept my ship's limitations and play more carefully/less recklessly than when I'm top tier?  

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,141 posts
5,943 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Honestly, I think the whole issue with T8 MM started when WG released permanent T10 camo. It came after the flat service fees and, in my opinion, made T10 too profitable. Before, players were regularly dropping down into T8 premiums and T5-7 ships to grind up credits to be able to afford T10 games. The permanent camo's throw this out the window by making it so T10 ships cost about as much as T8 ships to repair and resupply(possibly even cheaper, I don't know as I don't own any T10s yet). So now people just spam their T10s once they get there, leaving fewer T8s in queue to fill up T8 games.

Permanent camo's, while a great concept overall, just went a little bit too far with the service reduction costs for T10. And unfortunately WG can't really change it now unless they want more backlash than they've ever received in the past.

i actually think THIS is the issue,tier 8 get uptiered a lot because a lot of players have permanent camo for their tier10,increasing tier10 population.

tier10 should be the ultimate goal but at the same time a tier for competition,people actually play it  to grind credits,defeating the entire purpose of tier8 premiums.

edit:someone is mad at my opinion,it's not my fault if WG introduced this,it's detrimental to tier8,no matter how you look at it pardner.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,938 posts
11,163 battles
10 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

T8 is uncomfortable by design. They want to incentivize people to push to T10. Kinda sucks for those T8 premies sitting in port though. 

Kutz doesn't really care luckily. Neither has Cleveland when I've been playing it

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,821 posts
15,369 battles

I play my T8 all the time.  Yeah, I get up tiered a lot.  But, they are still good games.  I always feel like I can find a place.

Spoiler

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

I play my T8 all the time.  Yeah, I get up tiered a lot.  But, they are still good games.  I always feel like I can find a place.

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoy uptiering because I hate downtiering more.

Members
5,575 posts
6,304 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

i actually think THIS is the issue,tier 8 get uptiered a lot because a lot of players have permanent camo for their tier10,increasing tier10 population.

tier10 should be the ultimate goal but at the same time a tier for competition,people actually play it  to grind credits,defeating the entire purpose of tier8 premiums.

It has increased the T10 population, but not quite enough for them to regularly populate their own games with just T9/10. That much is evident by the amount of players reporting that they're tired of being only one of 3-6 T8s in a T10 dominant match.

Couple that fact with players 'abandoning' T8 because "I'm always up-tiered" and the situation just grows worse over time.

[AAA]
Members
686 posts
8,325 battles

T8 is hard. CA/L really hard. 

BB as you learn how to play isn’t that hard. Use he a lot on heigher bbs. 

Dd. T8 is awesome. Might get a 6-8 game where stealth is way in your edge or in a t10 game throw torps. Hit higher tiers. Make money.

i really don’t get all the whining about this game. Are some aspects unbalanced a little. Maybe. It’s a freaking game. Have fun. I really have no complaints. I play for fun

• Cool 3

Members
2,205 posts
6,026 battles

Ok, this is an "I don't like being uptiered" thread combined with the "MM is broken" type of thread.   

Personally, I just fight my ships regardless of whom they are facing and tier 8's are anything but helpless against higher tiered ships.  Btw, the enemy team will be equally matched so if you're playing for the win, it really shouldn't matter.  

It does matter, however, if you are playing primarily for you, your stats, your WTR instead of the win for the team.

• Cool 2

Members
3,783 posts
32 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Just deal with it.  Everybody gets up tiered and has been up tiered.  Think back to when there were Fail Division a tier 4 in a tier 10 match.  Up tiered big time.  2 tiers up via 2 tiers down is manageable.  Yea it can be frustrating at times.  But just deal with it.  It's actually quite satisfying taking out a higher tiered ship than myself.  Quit complaining about it on the forums and just deal with it.

• Cool 3

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles
11 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Solution, Tier XII. So that way, we can complain about Tier X.

1) Make a Tier XII, don't make any Tier XII ships

2) Stick to -/+2 Matchmaking

3) ???

4) Profit!

• Funny 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
Just now, SuperSpud1 said:

Just deal with it.  Everybody gets up tiered and has been up tiered.  Think back to when there were Fail Division a tier 4 in a tier 10 match.  Up tiered big time.  2 tiers up via 2 tiers down is manageable.  Yea it can be frustrating at times.  But just deal with it.  It's actually quite satisfying taking out a higher tiered ship than myself.  Quit complaining about it on the forums and just deal with it.

Always remember, you don't know bad. (Spud might)