You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IgorSV94

Looking for a SKILL based clan with people focused on getting better.

11 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
3,537 battles

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for a clan with focus on skill. I'm getting better and better by the match and although my PR is still low (1010~) and I can't undo 1500 matches in 150, my progress shows the day-to-day improvement. As I get better I seek better players to play with. Currently I'm in a wonderfull clan with great people, but it is a casual clan. I still have much to learn and being in a clan with good players would prove invaluable. Get me while my PR is still low and I'm not that picky! Thanks for reading!

Ps: First forum posts so I'm not really sure how it works, so I'll say I'm from NA.

Edit: Phrasing

Edited by IgorSV94

[NNC]
Members
2,059 posts
7,854 battles
37 minutes ago, IgorSV94 said:

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for a clan with focus on skill. I'm getting better and better by the match and although my PR is still low (1010~) and I can't undo 1500 matches in 150, my progress shows the day-to-day improvement. As I get better I seek better players to play with. Currently I'm in a wonderfull clan with great people, but it is a casual clan. I still have much to learn and being in a clan with good players would prove invaluable. Get me while my PR is still low and I'm not that picky! Thanks for reading!

Ps: First forum posts so I'm not really sure how it works, so I'll say I'm from NA.

Edit: Phrasing

If you grind in improve you would be welcome in blumr, 

heres a our forum signup for when you meet the requirements feel free to join in.

Members
38 posts
3,537 battles
27 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

If you grind in improve you would be welcome in blumr, 

heres a our forum signup for when you meet the requirements feel free to join in.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind

Members
11 posts
2,460 battles

If you have a T-10 ship and I assume you do consider joining my clan if you are looking for an opportunity to do clan battles this season.  We do not have enough T-10 ships for clan battles as we speak but if you join that is +1.  We do not care about win rate percentages or anything like that.  We have no requirements for joining my clan.

[CL-8]

battleship_Adam

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

Hi Igor,

I've looked,. To my knowledge, there are no clans in NA WoWS who can help you. I looked for months without success.

Like you, I found that "casual" clans aren't focused on improvement, but rather on having fun.

Most "competitive" clans insist on members already having excellent stats. They don't want to do the hard work to develop good talent. They want already excellent talent -- presumably someone who trained solo, or with other clans.  You can see examples of this on this post above my own.

The reason for this is that nobody, least of all clans, has ANY idea how to train people to higher skill levels. There is a myth that "grinding" a single ship (playing the same ship again and again) will make you better.  Actually, what makes you better is (a) figuring out your mistakes, and (b) trying something different next time and seeing if it helps. Playing the same ship again and again only helps because it eliminates one variable (the ship type). However, things like other friendly and enemy players, their ships, the map, and shell dispersion are all variables you can't control for. That's why learning is so slow and difficult.

Worse, the time-tested battlefield military learning tool, AARs, are either not done at all, or done so poorly they are useless. I've seen and heard about them become nothing but a blame game and a CYA exercise in most clans which attempt them. 

In fact, most clans ignore the importance of learning in Random Battle division play, and instead concentrate on team tactics for clan battles.  It's like soccer (football) clubs ignoring the "normal" season and just concentrating on playoffs and World Cups. The "competitive" clans are like sports teams that purchase all their talent, and invest nothing in bringing up players through lesser leagues.

Besides, joining a clan with good players may NOT help you. If they are really good, they may win the battle before you have a chance to do much. Your stats will improve because they are "carrying" you.  They certainly won't enjoy having you around. You will make mistakes (inaccurate shooting, poor positioning, etc.). Each mistake forces them to do more for each win, or maybe cost them a victory that hurts their stats.

There is no law that says good players are also good teachers. In PvP games, good players can be impatient and short-tempered, which makes them very bad teachers. Remember not all sports heroes go on to become great coaches. Next, add the complication that in WoWS student and teacher must be have the same gaming time (probably in the same time zone).

Combine all these factors: the chances are that a high-skill clan won't really help you. A clan must be organized around real learning to overcome the obstacles listed above.

I am convinced that no clan exists for players who are serious about getting better.  Frankly, I'm tempted to create one. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to run a clan. I know from past experience that "people problem management" is constantly required in any clan. Like a good battlefield leader, a clan leader needs to be visible and talk with people constantly.  It's takes a lot of time, organization and patience.

If you prove me wrong, and find a good clan for real learning, PLEASE tell me about it.

BTW - Your stats are better than mine! But like you, I keep trying to improve.

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
916 posts
3,863 battles
8 minutes ago, Yasha said:

Hi Igor,

I've looked,. To my knowledge, there are no clans in NA WoWS who can help you. I looked for months without success.

Like you, I found that "casual" clans aren't focused on improvement, but rather on having fun.

Most "competitive" clans insist on members already having excellent stats. They don't want to do the hard work to develop good talent. They want already excellent talent -- presumably someone who trained solo, or with other clans.  You can see examples of this on this post above my own.

The reason for this is that nobody, least of all clans, has ANY idea how to train people to higher skill levels. There is a myth that "grinding" a single ship (playing the same ship again and again) will make you better.  Actually, what makes you better is (a) figuring out your mistakes, and (b) trying something different next time and seeing if it helps. Playing the same ship again and again only helps because it eliminates one variable (the ship type). However, things like other friendly and enemy players, their ships, the map, and shell dispersion are all variables you can't control for. That's why learning is so slow and difficult.

Worse, the time-tested battlefield military learning tool, AARs, are either not done at all, or done so poorly they are useless. I've seen and heard about them become nothing but a blame game and a CYA exercise in most clans which attempt them. 

In fact, most clans ignore the importance of learning in Random Battle division play, and instead concentrate on team tactics for clan battles.  It's like soccer (football) clubs ignoring the "normal" season and just concentrating on playoffs and World Cups. The "competitive" clans are like sports teams that purchase all their talent, and invest nothing in bringing up players through lesser leagues.

Besides, joining a clan with good players may NOT help you. If they are really good, they may win the battle before you have a chance to do much. Your stats will improve because they are "carrying" you.  They certainly won't enjoy having you around. You will make mistakes (inaccurate shooting, poor positioning, etc.). Each mistake forces them to do more for each win, or maybe cost them a victory that hurts their stats.

There is no law that says good players are also good teachers. In PvP games, good players can be impatient and short-tempered, which makes them very bad teachers. Remember not all sports heroes go on to become great coaches. Next, add the complication that in WoWS student and teacher must be have the same gaming time (probably in the same time zone).

Combine all these factors: the chances are that a high-skill clan won't really help you. A clan must be organized around real learning to overcome the obstacles listed above.

I am convinced that no clan exists for players who are serious about getting better.  Frankly, I'm tempted to create one. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to run a clan. I know from past experience that "people problem management" is constantly required in any clan. Like a good battlefield leader, a clan leader needs to be visible and talk with people constantly.  It's takes a lot of time, organization and patience.

If you prove me wrong, and find a good clan for real learning, PLEASE tell me about it.

BTW - Your stats are better than mine! But like you, I keep trying to improve.

Most of this is just down right false.  I know of MANY top-tier clans who have feeder clans that try to focus on people improving.  I'll venture to guess that 90% of the clans in Hurricane last season have some sort of a "farm system", or a clan that they use for the people who are focused on improvement.  Those clans might not have their names in purple or green text, but they're all affiliated with the main, central clan, and often times they share a discord and division together.  Hell, many individuals on these forums, myself included, will help anyone who asks.  I'll div with just about anyone who wants to.  I'd do demo reviews with anyone, and I'd try to give constructive criticism if you wanted it.  

And speaking as to how to get better, playing the game with someone who is better than you, analyzing your mistakes, and talking tactics with a team are some of the best ways.  When I started calling strats for my clan, I instantly went from a 55.6% WR player to now over 57%.  Competitive is the best way to get better, both in randoms and outside randoms.  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

@XpliCT_PaiiN - I agree that many competitive clans have lower tier clans with less stringent sat requirements. However, it's very unclear to me how well those systems work. For every story like yours, of people who try to be good teachers, I run into stories about just the opposite.

Ultimately, I would argue that none of those "feeder" clans have leadership that makes member improvement their primary mission. Those "farm system" clans don't advertise their presence here. They aren't actively promoting how many people have graduated to the top tier clan for each season, or average stat improvements of players in their clan. They aren't advertising when are their prime training times each day. They never talk about their training methods, or what is expected from recruits while in training. Give us fewer stories about clan battle glory, and more stories about the nuts and bolts of everyday training!

I wish your post recommended specific feeder clans to the original poster, since as I said, I'm interested in such clans too. Please give us some clan names and links! Let us know which clans focus on training, and how they do it.

[OO]
[OO]
Members
186 posts
7,771 battles

Like anything else in WOWs - It all depends on

1) WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CLAN & WHAT YOU WANT GET OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IT.

2) DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH ON THE CLAN YOU ARE LOOKING AT i.e. Look at stats of current clan members & those in the Sub-Clans.

3) NOT BEING AFRAID TO DROP OUT OF A CLAN IF IT FAILS TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS - As Winston Churchill Once said -"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - There are many 'fish' in the sea, and you WILL eventually find the right fit for you (Clans with multiple Sub-clans won't even require you to go through the entire 'seeking out' process...keep that in mind).

NGA for example has several Sub-clans >>> Social Players (NGA-S), Competitive Players (NGA-C) and Ultra-Competitive Players (NGA-A) as well as a "feeder" clan of Social /Competitive Players (NGA-B) our largest Clan.

We offer Training conducted by an excellent Training Staff (Alpha & Beta testers for instance), lots of Division Play, Skirmishes etc. BUT the bottom line is for ALL of our members to HAVE FUN !

That said - I invite YOU & ANYONE ELSE to visit NGA's Website at  https://navygamingamerica.enjin.com

An application can be found by using the RECRUITMENT tab in the header, fill it out and prepare to enjoy your total gaming experience with a crew of like-minded, great people.

Oh, almost forgot - NGA also has a Fantastic Graphic Arts Dept. that will design (upon your request & with your input) a Custom Banner and Signature to be proud of.

Edited by CIT_Happens
  • Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
113 posts
7,326 battles

Hi there Igor, take a look at the 90th! We are a highly active fleet over almost 250 members in 7 fleets. We have a few Heavy competitive fleets then Semi-Competitive fleets so there is a good fit for any type or level of player. We use discord for coms and are currently gearing up for Clan Wars so there are a lot of events and scrimmages going on. 

Our Discord

90th Discord Server

image.png.17baf023671a3f6e005122a963803dc0.png

[SUCIT]
Members
916 posts
3,863 battles
On 6/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, Yasha said:

@XpliCT_PaiiN - I agree that many competitive clans have lower tier clans with less stringent sat requirements. However, it's very unclear to me how well those systems work. For every story like yours, of people who try to be good teachers, I run into stories about just the opposite.

Ultimately, I would argue that none of those "feeder" clans have leadership that makes member improvement their primary mission. Those "farm system" clans don't advertise their presence here. They aren't actively promoting how many people have graduated to the top tier clan for each season, or average stat improvements of players in their clan. They aren't advertising when are their prime training times each day. They never talk about their training methods, or what is expected from recruits while in training. Give us fewer stories about clan battle glory, and more stories about the nuts and bolts of everyday training!

I wish your post recommended specific feeder clans to the original poster, since as I said, I'm interested in such clans too. Please give us some clan names and links! Let us know which clans focus on training, and how they do it.

On 6/18/2018 at 4:45 PM, Robinhood_ said:

There's one. 

My good friends over in TF16 also have a good system of clans, message @Oates92 if you want to talk to them.  

The Cutie guys are also a good collection of people.  You can find their recruitment board pretty easily here.  

There are many top tier clans who have recruitment posts in here.  Just read over some of them and make your own decision.  

• Cool 2