You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dreadnaught_

Do regular Freedom Containers have premium missions?

15 comments in this topic

[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,352 battles

Do regular freedom containers that can be earned every couple of days have a chance for getting the American premium ships? I have opened 7 so far and no dice. Either none or I have terrible luck. 

[STW-M]
Members
3,290 posts
7,725 battles

Apparently there is supposed to be a chance of them appearing, albeit at a reduced rate.

In practice, I'll just be happy to get an Atlanta.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
5 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In practice, I'll just be happy to get an Atlanta.

Isn’t that arguably the best prize?  In practice, I’d be thrilled to get the Monaghan... the turf of the lot.

[STW-M]
Members
3,290 posts
7,725 battles
1 minute ago, galspanic said:

Isn’t that arguably the best prize?  In practice, I’d be thrilled to get the Monaghan... the turf of the lot.

I honestly would be happy with anything EXCEPT for Cleveland, not least because I already have it and am not interested in its camo (yes, it screams MURICA, but it doesn't quite have the elegance of Texas to it).

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles

Have not see one yet. Bought 5 and have opened probably another 10 thru the missions. No ships yet. I do have all of them except the Monahan which is what I am hopping for before the event ends.

Members
33 posts
4,341 battles

I've earned some containers (all that have been available so far) and have bought many - so far I have only gotten the missions for two ships: first, the Monaghan and then the Cleveland.  I'm mad at myself for gambling away the money it cost to buy the containers so I won't be buying anymore.

A friend of mine had the exact same experience:  he got the Monaghan first and then the Cleveland (after buying about 20 to 30 containers).  So I'm not sure if that's a pattern, or just coincidence.

I do love the Monaghan, already had the Cleveland, but really wanted to Kidd.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
5 minutes ago, TarawaRaider_5 said:

I've earned some containers (all that have been available so far) and have bought many - so far I have only gotten the missions for two ships: first, the Monaghan and then the Cleveland.  I'm mad at myself for gambling away the money it cost to buy the containers so I won't be buying anymore.

A friend of mine had the exact same experience:  he got the Monaghan first and then the Cleveland (after buying about 20 to 30 containers).  So I'm not sure if that's a pattern, or just coincidence.

I do love the Monaghan, already had the Cleveland, but really wanted to Kidd.

How much did you spend? The Monaghan may not be available in the store, but you can compare what she costs to other Tier VI destroyers and light cruisers. If you spent less than that, you did better than break-even. Bear in mind that if you did not already have the Cleveland, the effort taken to grind her might be considered to be worth at least the same.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts

My logic says you probably won't start seeing them appear at a greater rate until the second half of the line split drops. 

Members
33 posts
4,341 battles

I just realized that I didn't properly answer your question - No, so far, for me anyway (and my friend), the regular containers we've gotten have not contained the ship missions.  We've only received the missions from the 'paid for' containers.  I'm not sure about my friend, but I first purchased the 5 containers for $22 and received the Monaghan mission on the 4th container.  The Cleveland mission was about 15 containers later.

Members
33 posts
4,341 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How much did you spend? The Monaghan may not be available in the store, but you can compare what she costs to other Tier VI destroyers and light cruisers. If you spent less than that, you did better than break-even. Bear in mind that if you did not already have the Cleveland, the effort taken to grind her might be considered to be worth at least the same.

Lol - I was kinda answering that question as I was writing the last post.  I earned two containers and then I paid $22 for 5 containers - on the 4th 'purchased' container I earned the Monaghan mission, so I did pretty good there.  The problem is, I really wanted the Kidd so I paid $40 more for the 10 container pack - the only ship mission I got was for the Cleveland, which I've had for two years or so.