You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Mercy Killing

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,093 posts
10,430 battles

In games that end very quickly because the Red's score hit 0 the winners get the shaft on credits. A major culprit is premium consumables, you don't have enough time to earn back the money you spent on them and you probably didn't even have time to use them. I think there should be some adjustment to the way credits are calculated for this type of victory.

[NNC]
Members
2,059 posts
7,854 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

In games that end very quickly because the Red's score hit 0 the winners get the shaft on credits. A major culprit is premium consumables, you don't have enough time to earn back the money you spent on them and you probably didn't even have time to use them. I think there should be some adjustment to the way credits are calculated for this type of victory.

Especially if your playing the new rich man worcester.... 

dam con+heal+defaa+radar expennnnnnnsive

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Using premium consumables is your choice.

Don't use them for everyday play {FUN}

Do use them in Ranked,Clan Battles { Competitive Play}

Never use them in Co-Op {cost ineffective }

Premium Consumables have zero effect on the grind for the next tier ship. {Does nothing for your Exp }

To make a wise decision on Premium Consumables ask your self this..... Will it make me  the best possible Player to achieve the win for the team?

W/R is your Friend But at what Cost?

Competition is the best reason for use of Premium Consumables.

Use of these in Random is a waste of them. 

The competition aspect has greater rewards for their use. { Not only your W/R }

• Cool 4

[TDRB]
Members
1,323 posts
5,041 battles

This is more common in T8 & higher coop matches. In a coop the red team can disappear very fast.

• Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles

This is definitely something to blame WG for because it's their matchmaking that put these games together and if they can't get the games to go until all ships are killed or 20 minutes has past then their MM is a failure

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,928 battles

Even without premium consumables, if the enemy collapses in front of your max range faster than your top speed, you lose credits at higher tiers. Even if you can get to the battle, it is rare to have an opportunity to do much damage. 

Members
19,031 posts
5,351 battles
13 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

To make a wise decision on Premium Consumables ask your self this..... Will it make me  the best possible Player to achieve the win for the team?

My ask for using them in Randoms is, "will using this improve my survival time enough to earn an extra 22k credits?"

So far, other than freebies, the only one that seems cost-effective (or at least revenue-neutral) for me is premium heals. They usually keep me alive long enough for an extra engagement, whether it's the extra use or the quicker cooldown that ends up making the difference.

• Cool 1

Members
19,031 posts
5,351 battles
8 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

This is definitely something to blame WG for because it's their matchmaking that put these games together and if they can't get the games to go until all ships are killed or 20 minutes has past then their MM is a failure

To be fair, it's not the MM. That's how games used to go, before they changed the points, and we had tons of draws.

Besides, if the MM is putting random teams together, and matches end too quickly, it's not the MM's fault, so much as the players on the team that lost.

And it's not just the winners that get shafted on credits. Everybody gets shafted in short games.

One thing they could do is, if the match is shorter than a given value, waive the service cost for both teams. 

• Boring 1

Members
2,093 posts
10,430 battles
26 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Do use them in Ranked,Clan Battles { Competitive Play}

Premium Consumables have zero effect on the grind for the next tier ship. {Does nothing for your Exp }

W/R is your Friend But at what Cost?

Competition is the best reason for use of Premium Consumables.

I disagree, in Tier 10 Randoms you should be using Premium consumables. If they are going unused too often then you need to increase your survival rate.
The issue with the match being stopped early is your team is being punished for doing too well.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair, it's not the MM. That's how games used to go, before they changed the points, and we had tons of draws.

Besides, if the MM is putting random teams together, and matches end too quickly, it's not the MM's fault, so much as the players on the team that lost.

And it's not just the winners that get shafted on credits. Everybody gets shafted in short games.

One thing they could do is, if the match is shorter than a given value, waive the service cost for both teams. 

Oh I do believe it is their fault there's many games where it's just a stomp on one side versus the other 

If they're putting games together with their secret recipe then there should be some idea of who are good players and who aren't and they should be evenly distributed between the teams but many times I see one side has 8 great players and the other side has none so whose fault is that when 8 great players just stomp the other team it's the MM

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts
4,213 battles
40 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Gotta disagree with you here, Cluch.  Premium consumables have many times been the difference between my ship sinking or not.  Not sinking lets me go on to do more damage which directly affects my experience total at the end of the match.

That's the way I see it.  If you typically don't run them, that is obviously your (and every player's) value judgement to make - I'm not here to put anyone down for it.

Not that this applies to what OP has brought up at the top of the thread, because in that situation you don't get to go on and do more damage.  I just suck up the loss and drive on.

Regarding the suggestion... I don't know.  In my personal experience, reducing the opfor to zero points is so rare the thought never crossed my mind.  Is it really so big a problem that it requires a solution?

• Cool 1

Members
3,709 posts
6,418 battles
4 hours ago, silverdahc said:

and if they can't get the games to go until all ships are killed or 20 minutes has past then their MM is a failure

This can only be taken as a joke as there are wayyyyyyy to many variables per match and decidedly not enough people playing at any given time. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
23 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Correct, and I generally don't.

Don't care.

Not like I use them all the time, but it doesn't bother me to do so when I do.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

1. Not true, if I can use my heal or DC or DFAA or whatever else and survive where I would otherwise have died I will almost certainly gain more EXP than if I didn't have the cooldown to use.
  2. It's literally always true that it will make you better.
  3. Completely disagree for reasons already stated.
  4. Random is competition too. I can agree with skipping sometimes at lower tiers and in co-op because the difference is less pronounced there. Even there though, I'm usually too lazy to turn them off. With premium account time always running it's a non-issue to use it 24/7/365.
Edited by w4spl3g

[WOLF2]
Members
203 posts
11,543 battles

I’m in the premium consumables camp also.  Other than low tier (4 or below) I run premium on everything except fighter/spotter plane (just don’t use them that much in random) and DO change those to premium for ranked (and DO use them more).  I just think it does give that extra little advantage that can keep you in the fight longer.   Not only one more charge of whatever it is, but the cool down is 33% shorter as well....that can be life or death sometimes.  

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,110 posts
4,727 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

One, there's this word 'team' there that you keep forgetting.  There's no 'I' or 'me'.

Two, he's complaining they're WINNING TOO FAST.  If this is the case, then clearly the team was suited to win, but getting punished for it.  As a Yamato driver, I've had ones that ended before I could make back my cost of being even in the game, never mind premium crap.  Therefore, we were punished for being too effective at winning.