You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tank50us

Azur Lane Nelson Translation please?

16 comments in this topic

[UFEF]
[UFEF]
Beta Testers
193 posts
3,626 battles

Obviously, my Japanese/Chinese is a tad on the weak side here, but, for those who are multilingual, what exactly is she saying?

Some bits I can get the gist of, especially when a ship is spotted or a team-mate uses one of the quick-commands. But what about when she fires the main battery? I've noticed that she says something in mild panic whenever I double-click fire (Salvo Fire), and given that the real Nelson, had issues doing that, I'm assuming that might be the case here.

I'm probably wrong, but if anyone does know, it would be nice to know what my current Monarch Captain is actually saying (IE, I rapidly trained her up for King George V, and graduated to Monarch).

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
6,719 battles

Nelson has two main battery firing lines, both of which are fairly generic in order to mesh with the situations found in WoWS.
The first is "kougeki kaishi!" which in it's most broad is "commence attack".  However, in this context it's better understood as "open fire!"
The second is "koredemo kurae!"  which is basically "take this!", or "eat this!" for a slightly more literal translation.

What you're taking for mild panic is just her character trait of sorta getting overexcited she gets to fire.  She does like to flaunt her ability, and it's reflected in most of her voice lines.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

While not necessary, I would enjoy... subtitles for non-english voices.

• Cool 1

Members
3,613 posts
4,522 battles

I'm pretty sure she says something like:

"Hey, I'm Nelson."

"Oh look, I have a big chest. Weee."

"I'm shooting these guns now. Boom. Ooh. How loud."

"I just sunk. Now I'm all wet. Stop staring."

"We lost the game. You suck."

• Funny 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, holomorphic said:

Funny thing is... Azure Lane is a Chinese game, but the language packs are in Japanese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azur_Lane

The Chinese version of Azur Lane doesn't have any voice acting at all. It's strictly a JP thing.

Also the collab is specifically with the JP development team, not the Chinese one. The Chinese head office just approved it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[RST]
Members
173 posts
15,560 battles

I am not sure I am seeing the same issue. When I had her as my captain. All I heard was a British Male commander. Really disturbing. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,222 posts
13,013 battles
6 minutes ago, Shadewe said:

I am not sure I am seeing the same issue. When I had her as my captain. All I heard was a British Male commander. Really disturbing. 

Some of the voice language settings in the Audio menu prevent you from hearing captain-specific audio. Choose National+ (plus) voiceovers to activate the unique voices.

[RST]
Members
173 posts
15,560 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Some of the voice language settings in the Audio menu prevent you from hearing captain-specific audio. Choose National+ (plus) voiceovers to activate the unique voices.

I will try that again. It is a bit annoying in the end. 

[WHS]
Members
28 posts
1,951 battles
4 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The Chinese version of Azur Lane doesn't have any voice acting at all. It's strictly a JP thing.

Also the collab is specifically with the JP development team, not the Chinese one. The Chinese head office just approved it.

I've downloaded and played a bit the Chinese version. Pretty sure it's JP voice acting.

The game was developed in China. Seems there is no development team in JP, except for a JP-dedicated server and publisher. Not sure for the collaborator if WG only negotiates with the JP publisher or talks directly to the Chinese office.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
40 minutes ago, holomorphic said:

I've downloaded and played a bit the Chinese version. Pretty sure it's JP voice acting.

The game was developed in China. Seems there is no development team in JP, except for a JP-dedicated server and publisher. Not sure for the collaborator if WG only negotiates with the JP publisher or talks directly to the Chinese office.

I'm reasonably certain that most of the JP events and the voiceacting is handled by the JP office/publisher. You see this with other mobage like Fate/Grand Order, who has a stateside office to manage their NA release and events/updates.

If there are lines in the Chinese version, they must be the JP dialogue brought over. Wouldn't surprise me. The initial Chinese version had zero voiceacting and no intention of adding it until the JP release and seiyuu started asking to do it due to games like Kancolle and Fate/Grand Order and Love Live having established the Japanese precedent of voiceovers for gacha game characters.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,200 posts
3,940 battles
6 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

I second this motion.

[SIMP]
Members
1,065 posts
6 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

^This.

Would be an awesome option to have for all voiced captains in-game.