Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Doubloon Blowout 2: Question for WG/Website staff

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts

Does this apply to Canadian purchases or just US?  I realize if it does then  the currency conversion would be factored in but I don't want to drop some money and then find out it is the latest in a long line of communication whoopsies on WGs part.

Money stays in wallet until I get some clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

i'm actually confused,if i spend the money on doubloons for example the 12.000 one,do i get 750 doubloons for every 10 usd spent after the event is over?i can't see the usd here(it's reais,brazilian money) so how many usd's are the 12.000 doubloons?

Edited by Cruxdei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,624
[WGA]
Administrator
746 posts
309 battles

I'm going to ask for further information on this.  Appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
721
[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,267 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

so how many usd's are the 12.000 doubloons?

$ 51.69  .  So you get 500 doubloons extra for the first $10 and 250 doubloons for each $10 after that for a total of 1,500 doubloons extra .

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I'm going to ask for further information on this.  Appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Thanks!

I will stay tuned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
Just now, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

$ 51.69  .  So you get 500 doubloons extra for the first $10 and 250 doubloons for each $10 after that for a total of 1,500 doubloons extra .

:Smile_honoring:

hmm 1500 doubloons,that would be more R$25,00 here.i'm saving up to buy doubloons to free exp the krons if graf zep don't come in july.,or something else if the coal becomes available in the prem shop(it might come or not).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Thanks!

I will stay tuned.  

Don't know why they are playing these convoluted games...why not just offer a straight unambiguous discount, rather than trying to trick the players with math?:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,624
[WGA]
Administrator
746 posts
309 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't know why they are playing these convoluted games...why not just offer a straight unambiguous discount, rather than trying to trick the players with math?:Smile_facepalm:

No one is trying to trick anyone.  It's a straight bonus based on spend, and I'm fairly certain it's going to work just fine but I'd rather be thorough than assume.  :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

No one is trying to trick anyone.  It's a straight bonus based on spend, and I'm fairly certain it's going to work just fine but I'd rather be thorough than assume.  :Smile_Default:

Dealers choice....But if the customers are confused about the discount and forced to ask questions, seems like it's an issue....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[NNC]
Members
2,059 posts
7,852 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Dealers choice....But if the customers are confused about the discount and forced to ask questions, seems like it's an issue....:Smile_teethhappy:

Not entirely majority of playerbase is from US (on NA) so i dont see why it would be confusing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Not entirely majority of playerbase is from US (on NA) so i dont see why it would be confusing

There are two possible interpretations of the promotion  that would lead to completely different outcomes for the customers.

1)  WG is simply assuming that everyone understands that, as it is using US dollars as that base for conversion, that it is for US players only.

2)  WG is assuming that, as it is promoted on the NA website, it is obvious that it will be available to all NA  server customers (after allowing for currency conversions).

That is why I am seeking clarification.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, Radar_X said:

No one is trying to trick anyone.  It's a straight bonus based on spend, and I'm fairly certain it's going to work just fine but I'd rather be thorough than assume:Smile_Default:

:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,624
[WGA]
Administrator
746 posts
309 battles

This promotion should be available for those based on a currency equivalent to that listed in the article.  It is for NA servers only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts
2 hours ago, Diison said:

If I buy $15.60 12k doubloons next week I get bonus doubloons?

If you buy them before the sale ends then you should get them the following Friday.

2 hours ago, Radar_X said:

This promotion should be available for those based on a currency equivalent to that listed in the article.  It is for NA servers only. 

"...should".

"Should" does not inspire the confidence I was hoping for.  I guess the eternal WG equation is I am guaranteed they will take my money, and, in return, I "should" receive the goods promoted. But I won't know for sure for a full week.

*sigh*

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
263 posts
6,160 battles

Yes from the last time Canadian 10 does not equal US 10 (nor should it..exchange). WG should provide us with the number required for different currencies. Can we get that information??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,624
[WGA]
Administrator
746 posts
309 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

If you buy them before the sale ends then you should get them the following Friday.

"...should".

"Should" does not inspire the confidence I was hoping for.  I guess the eternal WG equation is I am guaranteed they will take my money, and, in return, I "should" receive the goods promoted. But I won't know for sure for a full week.

*sigh*

I say "should" because things should always work but sometimes don't.  I should be able to drive home and not get in a car accident, the store should have sweet tea because it always does.  Life is unpredictable at times so I try and keep that in mind.

If you make these purchases and do not receive the proper bonus, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to look into it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I say "should" because things should always work but sometimes don't.  I should be able to drive home and not get in a car accident, the store should have sweet tea because it always does.  Life is unpredictable at times so I try and keep that in mind.

If you make these purchases and do not receive the proper bonus, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,831
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

So potentially... :cap_haloween:if the local currency increase in value against the US$ then said local would get an even bigger bonus as it would cost less for them to get the same US$ in doubloons. Nice... well then better watch those currency fluctuations to get your very best deal! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,912
[YORHA]
Members
3,549 posts
25 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So potentially... :cap_haloween:if the local currency increase in value against the US$ then said local would get an even bigger bonus as it would cost less for them to get the same US$ in doubloons. Nice... well then better watch those currency fluctuations to get your very best deal! :cap_like:

They seem to set the price at the exchange rate on the first day of the "sale" and leave it there for the duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×