You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

Have you seen a certain cat lately?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
534 posts
4,956 battles

Yep, Lert's off playing with the World of Warplanes developers.  Maybe he convinced them to go with 2.0 which is vastly more fun than getting farmed in 1.9.

Lert working with WG

Edited by NK_33
adding video showing Lert
  • Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

The last time I saw that Cat it was being rescued from the sinking wreck of the Bismarck. 

gbfaC7T.jpg

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles

If you need to summon @Lert just start a thread on how much fun Pocket Battleships are ... he'll be there.

• Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

If you need to summon @Lert just start a thread on how much fun Pocket Battleships are ... he'll be there.

Activate the Cat Trap.

gnODkTF.jpg

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
2 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Activate the Cat Trap.

It's rare to see @Lert in formal wear with those white gloves on; did you catch him at a wedding? After he had hit the bar?

• Bad 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, NK_33 said:

Yep, Lert's off playing with the World of Warplanes developers.  Maybe he convinced them to go with 2.0 which is vastly more fun than getting farmed in 1.9.

Good to know, I thought he started working with a new company in RL?

Not sure where I heard that from. I think he's a fork lift/crane operator, or something along those lines.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles
4 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Activate the Cat Trap.

gnODkTF.jpg

(Also @Cruxdei since he posted a laser pointer as well)

Actually, laser pointers are very bad toys for a cat. Yeah it might look like fun having the cat chase the dot around, but he'll never catch it, and for a cat the joy in playing a hunt type game is in catching the prey. It releases endorphins that make the cat happy. Playing with a laser pointer (and thus never actually 'catching' the prey) will leave a cat frustrated rather than happy. If you want to actually make the cat happy, play with something physical that he can actually catch and let him catch it about 30% of the time. This will keep the endorphins flowing and the cat happy and interested.

3 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Good to know, I thought he started working with a new company in RL?

Not sure where I heard that from. I think he's a fork lift/crane operator, or something along those lines.

I'm a (former) forklift driver on disabled benefit. I recently started a new part time job in a company for sonic core sample drilling, assembling parts for those sonic sample drilling rigs.

• Cool 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Actually, laser pointers are very bad toys for a cat. Yeah it might look like fun having the cat chase the dot around, but he'll never catch it, and for a cat the joy in playing a hunt type game is in catching the prey. It releases endorphins that make the cat happy. Playing with a laser pointer (and thus never actually 'catching' the prey) will leave a cat frustrated rather than happy. If you want to actually make the cat happy, play with something physical that he can actually catch and let him catch it about 30% of the time. This will keep the endorphins flowing and the cat happy and interested.

at last i truly see.that actually makes sense,thanks for the tip.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Cruxdei

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

at last i truly see.that actually makes sense,thanks for the tip.

At least, this goes for normal cats.

Me, I'm special.

YxHZZUW.gif

(click to enlarge)

• Funny 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,204 posts
7,850 battles

Best cat toy ever:

Materials Needed:  Between 1M and 1.5M of string and half a sheet of paper.
Assembly:  Twist the piece of paper into a crumpled cylinder and pinch it tight around the middle.  Fasten the piece of string around the slender middle.
Use:  Hold the string by the long end and drag the piece of paper slowly across the floor in jerky motions.  When your cat lunges for it, tug the string into the air quickly.  Your cat will soon catch on and the acrobatics to catch this paper bird are quite the marvel to behold.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles
13 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Best cat toy ever:

Assembly:  Twist the piece of paper into a crumpled cylinder and pinch it tight around the middle.  Fasten the piece of string around the slender middle.
Use:  Hold the string by the long end and drag the piece of paper slowly across the floor in jerky motions.  When your cat lunges for it, tug the string into the air quickly.  Your cat will soon catch on and the acrobatics to catch this paper bird are quite the marvel to behold.

^ Can confirm. Me, I paid a few euros to get a pre-made one of similar idea, with the 'paper bird' being a fluffy fabric thing with a crinkling material inside that makes a crunchy sound when my cat catches it. But, yeah, the acrobatics are a sight to behold.

Beta Testers
534 posts
4,956 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Best cat toy ever:

A large, patient dog.  We had a Labrador who would slowly wag his tail, get the cat mesmerized, then yank it away.  They played like that for hours.

[SPTR]
Members
1,943 posts
930 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Best cat toy ever:

except my cats are both too fat and lazy to do that

Edited by Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni

[ALPHA]
[ALPHA]
Members
409 posts
8,707 battles

For a cat bored by cat meals, Fido creates a Kick'[edited]. Tested and Approved.

Announcement from the Committee Against the Cat's.

Edited by tugdual
  • Angry 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles

Sometimes all an anti-social cat needs is a kitten.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
5,262 battles

One of my cats plays with a laser pointer.  My first cat and my current other cat stare at me like I am idiot for trying to play with them with it.  They seem to know...

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,748 posts
3,738 battles
23 hours ago, Lert said:

I'm a (former) forklift driver on disabled benefit. I recently started a new part time job in a company for sonic core sample drilling, assembling parts for those sonic sample drilling rigs.

Not to mention the light from the pointer can accidentally shine on the cat's eyes... and I would believe that would be dangerous for the cat's well-being.