You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DrewTenma

Alabama What's wrong

33 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles

I just bought the Alabama and this ship [edited]. Literally, I've played every battleship and enjoyed them all and this thing SUCKS. I want my Doubloons back WG, this ship is a SCAM. If I am going to give you people $50 of my hard earned money, I expect the ship I am buying to be EXCEPTIONAL, not normal, and not this mediocre GARBAGE. EXPECIALLY considering your broken MM keeps pitting me against Yammies… Because THATS fair. What? This ship isn't allowed to be down-tiered? 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 10
  • Angry 1

Members
2,632 posts
2,738 battles

On the contrary I think Alabama is a wonderful ship. It has everything I want in one. Good speed, agility, AA, punchy guns, torpedo protection is nice. I enjoy sailing with her in every game, even in my losses.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
248 posts
5,690 battles

This game isn't pay to win.

And the Alabama is a good balanced ship, try learning how she plays. Don't blame the ship.

• Cool 2

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
3 minutes ago, JB_24 said:

This game isn't pay to win.

And the Alabama is a good balanced ship, try learning how she plays. Don't blame the ship.

its REALLY easy to learn when MM puts you in T10 matchs and you get completely melted within 3 minutes of match start every single match. The MM for this ship is broken... BADLY broken. Do you think I would have bought a Tier 8 BB if I had known the MM would ONLY pit me against tier 10? F*CK NO I wouldn't have

Edited by DrewTenma
  • Bad 5

[INTEL]
Members
6,736 posts
26,501 battles

Actually it is a very good ship.

Personally I like NC and Missouri better, then Alabama, then Iowa.

Learn the ship. It is the driver, not the ship.

Edited by alexf24

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles

Some more information would be nice before you start accusing WG of a scam. If you are playing Bama by getting close in higher tier matches, you will be eatin alive. The bama doesn't have a turtleback so you can't brawl really well with her and not get hit in the citadel. As for playing against Yamato, my advice would be don't get close, stay at a longer range where you have a chance to either angle or dodge the shells.  The bama is a great ship, just learn her play style and she is well worth it.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
248 posts
5,690 battles
Just now, DrewTenma said:

its REALLY easy to learn when MM puts you in T10 matchs and you get completely melted within 3 minutes of match start every single match. The MM for this ship is broken... BADLY broken,

That's every single tier 8. It just comes with being tier 8

you have an issue with MM ,not the 'bama

• Cool 1

[MKF]
Members
430 posts
15,506 battles
13 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

I just bought the Alabama and this ship blows CHUNKS. Literally, I've played every battleship and enjoyed them all and this thing SUCKS. I want my Doubloons back WG, this ship is a SCAM. If I am going to give you people $50 of my hard earned money, I expect the ship I am buying to be EXCEPTIONAL, not normal, and not this mediocre GARBAGE. EXPECIALLY considering your broken MM keeps pitting me against Yammies… Because THATS fair. What? This ship isn't allowed to be down-tiered? 

I enjoy mine thoroughly and don't even have a problem when its uptiered 

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles
1 hour ago, DrewTenma said:

its REALLY easy to learn when MM puts you in T10 matchs and you get completely melted within 3 minutes of match start every single match. The MM for this ship is broken... BADLY broken. Do you think I would have bought a Tier 8 BB if I had known the MM would ONLY pit me against tier 10? F*CK NO I wouldn't have

If your in tier 10 matches and getting "melted" within 3 minutes your doing something wrong. As a tier 8 ship in a tier 10 match, you don't want to be on the front line with the tier 9 and 10s, because you will get focused first. The MM for the ship is not broken, a lot of tier 8 premiums get into tier 10 matches, its a normal part of the game. You should welcome it, the higher tier means more hit points = more credits and experience.

After doing some digging, considering you only have an average damage in your bama of 27k damage, I don't think you have grasped exactly how to play her and what her strengths and weaknesses are.

• Cool 1

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
12 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

I just bought the Alabama and this ship blows CHUNKS. Literally, I've played every battleship and enjoyed them all and this thing SUCKS. I want my Doubloons back WG, this ship is a SCAM. If I am going to give you people $50 of my hard earned money, I expect the ship I am buying to be EXCEPTIONAL, not normal, and not this mediocre GARBAGE. EXPECIALLY considering your broken MM keeps pitting me against Yammies… Because THATS fair. What? This ship isn't allowed to be down-tiered? 

Okay well I love mine, it is my best credit maker, maybe post a replay and we can help you?

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
Just now, Panic512 said:

The MM for the ship is not broken, a lot of tier 8 premiums get into tier 10 matches, its a normal part of the game.

You misunderstand. It is broken because it ONLY... repeat... ONLY puts you in T10 matches. 

• Bad 4

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,024 battles

I really like my Bama, my only criticism about it is its dispersion but when they hit OUCH! 

Playing against T10 in a T8 ship is the norm. I am actually surprised on the very rare occasion when I am top tier in one. 

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles
1 hour ago, DrewTenma said:

You misunderstand. It is broken because it ONLY... repeat... ONLY puts you in T10 matches. 

That can't be true, I've seen plenty of Bamas in tier 9 and 8 matches. It might get more tier 10 matches than tier 8 or 9, but I've never seen that as a problem. In all honesty, if you can't learn your ship and do at least well in her in a tier 10 match, than there is some wasted potential of that ship.

[MKF]
Members
430 posts
15,506 battles
5 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

Odd, I definitely am not bottom tier EVERY match in my Bama

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,706 posts
6,629 battles

People realize they get more XP and earnings when they get downtiered, right? 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,585 posts
11,469 battles

It isn't terribly apt drawing such absolute conclusions about a boat after just two or three matches.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

Members
1,613 posts
10,416 battles

Translation:
"Dear WG, for my $50.00 I want a ship that is guaranteed to be top tier 100% of the time while being so OP it will overpower any  enemy ship I come across. This ship should give me a 100% WR and make me an instant unicum" 

• Funny 1

[BNKR]
Members
428 posts
2,665 battles

You have quite literally not played every battleship. You don't even have a Colorado. So stop that.

Three games does not an adequate sample size make. You can't say it only sees Xs based upon so few games. So please stop that, too. 

Play a few Co op rounds in it to get used to it. The shells are a bit floaty, showing broadside will get you punished, and you cannot brawl like you're probably used to in German BBs, so don't try.

But the guns are more than capable even when bottom tier, it has god-tier AA and torp protection, and is quite maneuverable for a BB. You can also get detection down to like 12km, so make sure to use that to get into good positions or disengage when needed. 

I've only taken mine into randoms a few times because I'm new and don't wanna muck up higher tier games (at least not yet :cap_haloween:) but it's the VIII I'm most comfy with taking into random became it is so solid all the way around. Not spectacular but solid. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,955 battles

So far your number of matches played in Alabama is statistically insignificant.  Give her time and learn where she's strong and where she's not and you'll enjoy her a lot more.

May I also suggest continuing beyond New Mexico in the US line?  You'll find that the play style is different the further up the tree you go.  They're significantly different than the German line which you have much more experience with.

Good luck, and I hope that given time your determination will pay off and you'll be happy with your purchase.  I know I certainly enjoy mine.

-R

• Cool 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,280 posts
3,599 battles

Thread might get locked, I might have to post in it.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,954 posts
9,844 battles
19 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

The ship is plenty competitive in T10. What are you doing to get melted in 3 minutes?