You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

OK, I'm officially done for today

26 comments in this topic

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

Damn..... this [edited]. I need a break....

5b23ca3411134_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-07-24.thumb.jpg.e1ff15412024bfa9e67af28942942976.jpg

Spoiler

5b23ca37b53ba_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-21-19.thumb.jpg.32d355609afb2ffae4440e23df361025.jpg

Spoiler

5b23ca3bcd4f6_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-30-90.thumb.jpg.19d848054f085fb40890e64ea2f61839.jpg

Spoiler

5b23ca3fc30e2_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-32-03-50.thumb.jpg.d883321c232ef25820763847ea99019c.jpg

Spoiler

5b23ca43be3a5_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1522-14-18-36.thumb.jpg.5eed09c46c6cf89feb4a2ca8009fcf56.jpg

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,157 battles

The one think I immediately noticed is that they are all 1 kill games. Which says you may be farming damage but getting enemy players out of the game is more important than overall damage. Maybe better target selection will bring better results.

• Cool 3

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The one think I immediately noticed is that they are all 1 kill games. Which says you may be farming damage but getting enemy players out of the game is more important than overall damage. Maybe better target selection will bring better results.

In all of these games the team just collapses in minutes and I'm left alone to fight of a whole bunch of enemies. Not going for damage, trying to kill what I can, but can't fight everyone by myself.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,157 battles
Just now, geser98 said:

In all of these games the team just collapses in minutes and I'm left alone to fight of a whole bunch of enemies. Not going for damage, trying to kill what I can, but can't fight everyone by myself.

LOL I call those street magic games, as in watch me make this team vanish......POOF lol. Randoms have been so bad that I pretty much refuse to play solo anymore. I have found that in a division with two other players of similar skill level we can carry those bad teams and still win games.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles
1 hour ago, geser98 said:

Although I can understand when teams fall apart, I do agree with Belthorian. Other than that Roon games, the fact that there was that much damage but only one kill shows that your selection of targets is a little off. Although it is nice to do more damage, sometimes finishing off low health enemies is more important to the overall game.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,533 posts

That was my night last night.  Three days ago 86% win rate.  Two days ago 76% win rate.  Last night?  8 losses in a row.  Top 3-5 in every match but I couldn't buy a decent team for any amount of money.

By the last match I totally lost it at our BBs and CV who were absolutely useless.  I was so salty I am thinking of disabling the right enter key for chat (if that's possible).

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

Let's see... in Perth game I was only shooting at Gneisenau, once he burned down I switched to other targets, but then I ran out of smokes and got sunk one of the last on the team. In Okhotnik I seriously damaged Fiji, Kamikaze, who were both killed off by team mates, while i was reloading, then suddenly... I turned back and all my cruisers including Belfast are dead.... Say whaaat?  And the nI almost burned down Kongo, but she ran away out of range and DoY tried to rush me, but I has torpedus, but Kongo did finish me off. In Giulio game all my support was dead within three minutes of the game start. But even then I pushed back both Kongo, Tex and some cruiser. Killed Texas, almost finished Kongo when I got finally torped to death. And KA game was a T3 so it was weird - everything was just randomly exploding around and all my shots were overpenning and it was bloody crazy madness.

Only Asashio did me good. It's a proud 12 wins in a row in her and 10 games in a row where I don;t sink any BBs, but sink DDs. This time it was Z-46 and seriously damaged Hsienyang.

Edited by geser98

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,888 posts
15,669 battles
1 hour ago, Panic512 said:

finishing off low health enemies is more important to the overall game.

agree ... you have to take those guns away from the reds, because in this game a 5% ship fires it's guns just as effectively as a 100% ship does.

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
Members
842 posts
6,620 battles
1 hour ago, Panic512 said:

Although I can understand when teams fall apart, I do agree with Belthorian. Other than that Roon games, the fact that there was that much damage but only one kill shows that your selection of targets is a little off. Although it is nice to do more damage, sometimes finishing off low health enemies is more important to the overall game.

Yep...sending ships back to port is the best option always regardless of damage done taking ships out of play creates a winning atmosphere....usually.

[TOG]
Members
2,732 posts
15,706 battles

Let's see... in Perth game I was only shooting at Gneisenau, once he burned down I switched to other targets, but then I ran out of smokes and got sunk one of the last on the team.

Your target selection is off:

Try this

1. DD>>CA>>CV>>BB

Lower Tier DD's/CA's/CV's are not health sponges. Kill those off first.

2. If you see a bunch of BB's within range, set one on fire then switch and set another on fire. then switch back to the first one. either the fire burnt out or he used Repair Party and is on  cool down. Set him on fire again and he has to wait at least 60 seconds

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Damn..... this [edited]. I need a break....

5b23ca3411134_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-07-24.thumb.jpg.e1ff15412024bfa9e67af28942942976.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

5b23ca37b53ba_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-21-19.thumb.jpg.32d355609afb2ffae4440e23df361025.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

5b23ca3bcd4f6_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-31-30-90.thumb.jpg.19d848054f085fb40890e64ea2f61839.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

5b23ca3fc30e2_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1521-32-03-50.thumb.jpg.d883321c232ef25820763847ea99019c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

5b23ca43be3a5_WorldOfWarships2018-06-1522-14-18-36.thumb.jpg.5eed09c46c6cf89feb4a2ca8009fcf56.jpg

I stepped away after three,came here to troll a bit.

ITbWiFE.gif

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Always ignore CVs. Shoot what is shooting you and your allies. Too much time is wasted shooting a CV from across the map. I know because I've felt it. Otherwise go on a hiatus. That is what I did for almost a month. Know what happen when I came back?

Spoiler

I went back on hiatus

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,157 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

That was my night last night.  Three days ago 86% win rate.  Two days ago 76% win rate.  Last night?  8 losses in a row.  Top 3-5 in every match but I couldn't buy a decent team for any amount of money.

By the last match I totally lost it at our BBs and CV who were absolutely useless.  I was so salty I am thinking of disabling the right enter key for chat (if that's possible).

Add me to your buddy list in game, next time you are having a losing streak, send me a shout and I will join you and help you get back on track.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,089 posts
8,410 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Add me to your buddy list in game, next time you are having a losing streak, send me a shout and I will join you and help you get back on track.

Second'd. Had a high-tier losing streak of 4 in a row w/ clanmates last night before we dropped to T5 and got a glorious win.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,157 battles
10 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Second'd. Had a high-tier losing streak of 4 in a row w/ clanmates last night before we dropped to T5 and got a glorious win.

Add me to your buddy list as well, I am currently clanless and looking to play with as many different people as I can, make new friends, maybe find a new clan home, etc.

[USCG]
Members
240 posts
13,386 battles

I will trade you two of my wins this morning for two of your "Defended" ribbons I need for the Indy missions.  Ten games played & not one to be had...

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

agree ... you have to take those guns away from the reds, because in this game a 5% ship fires it's guns just as effectively as a 100% ship does.

I can't count the times I'm torn between sticking to the objective versus running down a mortally wounded ship as it runs for the border... only to have that ship pop up out of nowhere at a critical moment later. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to balance that out properly.

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

6 hours ago, C_D said:

Yep...sending ships back to port is the best option always regardless of damage done taking ships out of play creates a winning atmosphere....usually.

I obviously know this :cap_cool: I care very little about my personal stats and always play for the win. 

6 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Your target selection is off:

Try this

1. DD>>CA>>CV>>BB

Shot quite a bit at enemy Farragut at the start, but she ran away with very low HP.  I even darted out of smoke cover to try and finish her off, which cost me a lot of HP.

Then I shot enemy Budyonny. Almost got him killed, but she ran away again and I couldn't chase since I was in a smoke in the open. Once those guys were gone I switched to Gneis and burned her down. But by then our right flank was completely annihilated except for one Scharn running back to base. My flank was hemorrhaging quite a bit too. Couple ships were sunk including our only DD and others were on low health.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,566 battles

Streaks are extremely frustrating when you're on the losing side.  But, we tend to think it's all skill when you're on the winning side.  

I'm quite familiar with the math that's going on here and yet I also get a little ragey sometimes.  It's a human thing.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,089 posts
8,410 battles
8 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Add me to your buddy list as well, I am currently clanless and looking to play with as many different people as I can, make new friends, maybe find a new clan home, etc.

Doing it now.

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

Stop playing with boats kids. Go play a Kazoo instead (as long as they're 16+). It's much more exciting and stimulating. Spare us your incompetence. :))

I mean, can't these parents take their kiddies to Thailand or somewhere instead of making normal players rage and contribute to the growing number of these threads?

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
33 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I mean, can't these parents take their kiddies to Thailand

Just been there. Koh Lipe is amazing :cap_haloween:

34 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Spare us your incompetence. :))

I must insist on sharing my incompetence with the world. The planet must know!