You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

The craziest thing I have seen in WOW's happened to me last night.

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I was in a standard battle with with two friends. It was a tight battle and we were the last three people left on our team against five enemy ships.  A Shimmy, Buffalo. and a Des Moines pushed into our Base. Their Iowa was protecting their base. My friends in a Moskva and Des Moines start pushing towards our base trying to reset the timer. I come around a mountain and catch the Iowa broadside, two salvos and 60k of damage the Iowa is dead in less than 30 seconds and I start capping their base. We are hopelessly behind on the timer and we are going to lose unless we can reset the timer. Our Moskva goes down leaving the Des Moines to face their Des Moines and Buffalo alone. The work him down to about 5% of his health and the enemy team is less than 10 seconds from winning by capping our base. Suddenly the Shimmy decides he is going to try and steal the kill and fires on our Des Moines....the problem is he only has 500 HP. Our Des Moines dies but kills the Shimmy with round that were in the air when he died and resets the cap. Our team wins the match 10 seconds later by capping their base. The only moral of the story I can think of is never underestimate the power of the potato!!!!!!! lol.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,314 battles

That’s really just a story of typical WoWs [edited] 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
51 minutes ago, ShimakazeKawaii said:

That’s really just a story of typical WoWs [edited] 

All he had to do was stay dark for 8 seconds and they win lol. We could not stop laughing for quite a while after that match. They had a division of three guys from one of those purple clans and they carried that team hard, to lose it in that manner had to be frustrating. 

[TOG]
Members
3,566 posts
19,018 battles

Defeat from the jaws of victory. I had a game where we had 5 ships to 3 and ahead on points. So what did our tm do? Hit the rocks and get focused fired then killed. 1 ship after another. :Smile_facepalm:

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,204 posts
10,702 battles

Unfortunately that happens all too often no matter what tiers you play :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Defeat from the jaws of victory. I had a game where we had 5 ships to 3 and ahead on points. So what did our tm do? Hit the rocks and get focused fired then killed. 1 ship after another. :Smile_facepalm:

lol they collectively Notser'd lol. In another game earlier last night there was a Des Moines just sitting still in the middle of the map. He was firing at someone on the other side of the map. I was at max range on my Montana and could barely get my cross hair to his waterline. I unleashed a salvo that took forever to get there. I got a four citadel dev strike on him......I could not stop laughing for a while after that.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Stuff like that must be somewhat common. Earlier this week, I was in the Maass in a standard battle. I didn't do a whole lot, finished the game with 15k damage, but I got to their cap and went dark, letting everyone around me fight it out, getting the solo cap. Apparently that was worth +3 karma.

• Cool 1

[BEARS]
Members
256 posts
8,245 battles

We had a one sided game yesterday where we managed to push and leave them with 1 lone ship alive.

our 3 ships to their 1 score was 300 to 800.

one of our ships and their last ship wound up 6km from eachother .......then 3km...then our ship turned and showed them his broadsides instead of ramming and dies.

a couple team mates stuck around and were like wth why didnt you ram their last ship.....

the response.."I didnt know that was their last ship alive"

how do you not take a quick glance at the minimap or roster at the top of the screen?

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
4 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Stuff like that must be somewhat common. Earlier this week, I was in the Maass in a standard battle. I didn't do a whole lot, finished the game with 15k damage, but I got to their cap and went dark, letting everyone around me fight it out, getting the solo cap. Apparently that was worth +3 karma.

lol There were probably some people on both teams that were SLACKERS and should be flying cargo planes full of rubber dog poo out of Hong Kong for screwing up {________} this much!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
2 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

We had a one sided game yesterday where we managed to push and leave them with 1 lone ship alive.

one of our ships and their last ship wound up 6km from eachother .......then 3km...then our ship turned and showed them his broadsides instead of ramming and dies.

a couple team mates stuck around and were like wth why didnt you ram their last ship.....

how do you not take a quick glance at the minimap or roster at the top of the screen?

lol those are the games that when you see that unfolding before your eyes you can't help screaming out loud wth ARE YOU DOOOOOOOOING!!!!!!!! lol.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
14 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I can't count the number of times I have had the failure to ram for the win happen to the team I was on.

Community Department
2,786 posts
810 battles

The objectiv is to win. But not make another frag. That's the point. I suppose shima would never do it in the future. 
Congrats! Good team play!

[RST]
Members
1,904 posts
11,986 battles

Players will be telling this story to their children and grandchildren in years to come...

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
15 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Players will be telling this story to their children and grandchildren in years to come...

lol it is in my what was he thinking hall of fame.

[RST]
Members
1,904 posts
11,986 battles
40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

lol it is in my what was he thinking hall of fame.

How many times has this happened to you?

There's less than a minute left in the battle and your team is barely winning on points. All your team has to do is just run/hide and not die and the win is guaranteed. All of a sudden the ship with 2% HP decides to fire at the enemy....  

Edited by STINKWEED_

[SYN]
Members
5,192 posts
12,444 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I was in a standard battle with with two friends. It was a tight battle and we were the last three people left on our team against five enemy ships.  A Shimmy, Buffalo. and a Des Moines pushed into our Base. Their Iowa was protecting their base. My friends in a Moskva and Des Moines start pushing towards our base trying to reset the timer. I come around a mountain and catch the Iowa broadside, two salvos and 60k of damage the Iowa is dead in less than 30 seconds and I start capping their base. We are hopelessly behind on the timer and we are going to lose unless we can reset the timer. Our Moskva goes down leaving the Des Moines to face their Des Moines and Buffalo alone. The work him down to about 5% of his health and the enemy team is less than 10 seconds from winning by capping our base. Suddenly the Shimmy decides he is going to try and steal the kill and fires on our Des Moines....the problem is he only has 500 HP. Our Des Moines dies but kills the Shimmy with round that were in the air when he died and resets the cap. Our team wins the match 10 seconds later by capping their base. The only moral of the story I can think of is never underestimate the power of the potato!!!!!!! lol.

This would sound crazy, except that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Nothing terribly unusual, unfortunately.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

This would sound crazy, except that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Nothing terribly unusual, unfortunately.

lol That was the first time it happened in a match I was involved in.....I could not believe what I just saw.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

How many times has this happened to you?

There's less than a minute left in the battle and your team is barely winning on points. All your team has to do is just run/hide and not die and the win is guaranteed. All of a sudden the ship with 2% HP decides to fire at the enemy....  

ROFLMAO.....that happened to me last week. I feel bad at blowing up the dude in chat. Explaining to him in very salty terms that he just cost us the game.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
771 posts
6,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Infinity_Eagle said:

I can imagine what the other team was saying when I won by capturing their base.

Well Played. Well, that's 7 players who will probably be a little more aware of game objectives. Good training. 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
5 hours ago, cometguy said:

I've managed to do this once, in the Nicholas. I was the only one doing the capping, so I got the whole beautiful standard cap XP bonus all to myself. I didn't do much damage, but still came top of team on XP earned. This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone whines that XP is exclusively a damage-related thing. (Most of the credit for that win goes to the team members who kept the enemy busy while I sneaked in and camped on their base.)

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
10,354 battles

Had one game where my team had me (hindy), shima, alsace and saint louis. 

Enemy team had GK, yamato, musashi, gearing, dm, two montanas,shimakaze and a scharnhorst.

the enemy team was about to cap out when they started to push 1 by 1.

first yamato died, then musashi, tjem GK, then DM, then a montana.

at this point it was

me (14k hp and no heals), mid hp shima and low hp alsace.

enemy team had full hp montana, mid hp scharn, low hp gearing and full hp shima.

first shima got nuked, then the scharn and monty however my alsace died >.>

30sec on timer we where above the enemys points by about ~10 when the gearing suddenly shot off his guns for the first time in 7 min... i had 1k hp and gearing was ~11ish kilometers away and i was shattering so many shells (none of them penned) but unluckily he sparked two fires after i popped dam con and i died with 3 seconds on the clock

edit i felt really bad about this owne since it was 100% my fault... i went back toward our shima so i could try to help cap the last base... just got too greedy.. shouldve kept running

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Members
218 posts
2,117 battles

One time I was in my Lex, and my entire team had been killed. The reds had capped 2 bases and the score was about 50 points apart, reds ahead. There were 4 or so ships heading my direction, including a lowish health Tirpitz. Out of torp bombers, I sent my DBs in and got a 10K salvo with the first squad. Then my second squad came in. There was only about 15 seconds left I believe, and the Tirpitz  was at 3K health. I set up my DBs and realized at the last second I had not lead the Tirpitz enough... but I had! A single bomb hit the Tirpitz's Stern and sank him, giving us a small lead in points. 5 seconds later the clock ticked to 0 and we won! I got my first and only Solo Warrior.