You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

If you missed out on Konig Albert and thought it was removed as OP...

59 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,692 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, JessieTheKitty said:

What where the stats of the old minekaze again?

/what was changed from minekaze to kamikaze

The first Kamikaze was Fujin. Kamikaze R and Kamikaze are just repaints of Fujin and are otherwise identical--

Fujin is ~1 knot slower than Minekaze (slightly less)

Fujin has 2 12.7mm machine guns for AA (Substantially less)

Fujin has slightly wider torpedo launch angles (Slightly better)

After the IJN destroyer change in November 2016, Minekaze received several nerfs, but the big one is that she was given different torpedoes that are significantly slower and spotted further out. Kamikaze/Fujin/Kamikaze R retained the original faster/stealthier torpedo. That's the only reason they're considered "monstrously overpowered". Because they have a good torpedo. Everything else (The speed, the AA) is actually still worse than Minekaze.

[NNC]
Members
2,090 posts
10,709 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The first Kamikaze was Fujin. Kamikaze R and Kamikaze are just repaints of Fujin and are otherwise identical--

Fujin is ~1 knot slower than Minekaze (slightly less)

Fujin has 2 12.7mm machine guns for AA (Substantially less)

Fujin has slightly wider torpedo launch angles (Slightly better)

After the IJN destroyer change in November 2016, Minekaze received several nerfs, but the big one is that she was given different torpedoes that are significantly slower and spotted further out. Kamikaze/Fujin/Kamikaze R retained the original faster/stealthier torpedo. That's the only reason they're considered "monstrously overpowered". Because they have a good torpedo. Everything else (The speed, the AA) is actually still worse than Minekaze.

Huh cool thxs

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,240 posts
19,617 battles
5 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

What where the stats of the old minekaze again?

/what was changed from minekaze to kamikaze

The OLD Tier V Minekaze are fundamentally what the current Fujin / Kamikaze are.

When the Premium was initially released, a criticism I and some others had was that, "Why bother with these ships?  Minekaze is already what these ships try to be, and Minekaze is free."  Then the nerfs hit IJN DDs and their torps.  The Minekaze people kept to club people with disappeared.  Fujin / Kamikaze clones are old Minekaze's legacy.

Old Minekaze was super good in the old days.  BB players bitterly complained about her because unlike the current Fujin / Kamikaze clones, Minekaze was a common sight and Premium ships less so.  BB players had an axe to grind with 3 main things in general in late summer and fall 2015 (in no particular order):

Carriers

IJN DDs, namely Minekaze & Shimakaze

Cleveland

Minekaze was notorious in those days.  There were a lot of guys complaining about her and Shimakaze.  You had a good great DD like old VIII Fubuki, IV Isokaze go unnoticed and admired by the ship line's players because Minekaze and Shimakaze got all the bad attention.  For every thread there was complaining about Carriers and Cleveland, you could find as many complaining about Mine/Shimakaze.

Freaking notorious, man!

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
5 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Yeh that and she is truely the only ship the the game that cant get citadeled. NIKOLAI still can get citadeled from angles but this cant

I citadeled it in the training room. 

Yamato :)

[NNC]
Members
2,090 posts
10,709 battles
7 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I citadeled it in the training room. 

Yamato :)

>.>

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
216 posts
5,671 battles

König Albert was a ship I had toyed with the idea of buying back when it was still available from the tech tree for doubloons, but decided to hold off (I was still fairly new to premium ships and the game in general). I was kicking myself for not having bought her when it was announced they were pulling her from the tech tree and no longer selling her at all.

Took her out in a couple co-op matches to see what she's all about. Dispersion is typically wonky for low-tier BBs, and the turret traverse is a lot slower than what I'm used to with mid-tier German BBs, but holy hell is she tanky if you angle her right.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,820 posts
30,257 battles
14 hours ago, alexbuildit said:

I haven’t played wows while this was offered. What makes this OP out of curiosity?

Koenig Albert has the same guns as the Tier 4 Kaiser.  However, KA guns seem more accurate to me and it is easy to make low Tier cruisers disappear in a pool of tears.  It has great armor, but no AA. Oh, it also has decent secondaries.  As in better than most Tier 5 BBs. Playing it with a 19-point Bismarck captain borders on cruelty. 

KA also is one of the most beautiful ships in the game. 

All that said, Koenig Albert doesn’t approach the Imperator Nikolai level of OP. Both are in my top 5 BBs for average frags, but Nikolai is much higher there and even more in average damage. Nikolai accuracy has to be experienced to be believed. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,609 posts
19,362 battles
3 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

You were saying?

Referring to Kutuzov and Belfast