You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

If you missed out on Konig Albert and thought it was removed as OP...

59 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
3,563 posts
5,062 battles
2 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Since both Kutuzov and Belfast were freely available for a long time and many people still play them, I don't quite see how offering them again would result in "saturation". I kept my Toozie when the buy-back came around, and I'm glad I did, nerf or no nerf.

Would I swoop on a Belfast now? In a heartbeat., because I'm a cruiser main. Still, at their pricetags I'm not sure either would suddenly become everyone's must-have ships.

This is particularly true since the cruiser-main population has been declining and is almost a niche like CV now. The new USN CL's and Soviet battlecruisers will be a novelty for awhile but most folks will likely go back to their BB and DD faves. Nothing wrong with that.

Mainly, when it comes to sales and marketing, never say never.

You get the chance to buy a ship with a well known tradition of being relatively OP when it comes to Belfast. That alone, with the uncertainty that this time it might be pulled from the store for good would get people running to buy one.

Same happened with the Missouri, back when the switch to the Mushashi was 2 patches away. People rushing to grind or convert Free xp before the ship would be gone. Marketing and sales wise, it is a sound choice, I don't doubt that, the logic is flawless.

However, Belfast has the upgrade slot of a tier VIII, so you can get your detection to match your radar range. It has portable cover with the Smoke generator. Few players at that tier can blindfire the smoke effectively. Then you can also be safe in it with the Hydro from any torpedoes. Imagine now a DD player who is just starting playing tier V and heads to a cap, spots Belfast, pops smoke, then gets radared almost immediately. As for the cruiser population, I'm a cruiser/DD main and to be honest I don't see much of a decline in cruiser population.

Bottom line and balance talks aside, I understand the marketing, just don't agree with it. We will see however next Friday how it turns out :Smile_popcorn:

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,018 posts
13 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Since both Kutuzov and Belfast were freely available for a long time and many people still play them, I don't quite see how offering them again would result in "saturation". I kept my Toozie when the buy-back came around, and I'm glad I did, nerf or no nerf.

Would I swoop on a Belfast now? In a heartbeat., because I'm a cruiser main. Still, at their pricetags I'm not sure either would suddenly become everyone's must-have ships.

This is particularly true since the cruiser-main population has been declining and is almost a niche like CV now. The new USN CL's and Soviet battlecruisers will be a novelty for awhile but most folks will likely go back to their BB and DD faves. Nothing wrong with that.

Mainly, when it comes to sales and marketing, never say never.

Yeah me too...........Tho I'm not so they were ever  That OP n if they really were,   Well as everything's been power creeped not sure they still would be

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I bought it a year ago because someone said it OP. It isn’t it is very vulnerable to being torpedoed. As HE knows no master and at low tiers that’s all that people shoot. So not being citadeled means nothing it will be burned to the waterline or flooded just like every other tier 3 BB.

Well at T3 HE and Torpedoes can be a pain for any T3 Battleship. I just learned to managed my Damage Control more wisely than I used too, and I always use DCII on my Premium Ships so that helps. 

[YAN]
Members
1,692 posts
8,085 battles
1 hour ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Nothing is going to be rare now.

Ashitaka would like a word, even HuangHe is played more.

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Hey i love my ashitaka, leave her alone shes... special ok? If you dont love her then she cant love you back

[TOG]
Members
3,660 posts
19,522 battles
3 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Yeah me too...........Tho I'm not so they were ever  That OP n if they really were,   Well as everything's been power creeped not sure they still would be

Well, before 0.6.12 I would consider them OP. Though there were counters to ships hiding in smoke. Now, it's situational OP.

Members
50 posts
1,832 battles

Convinced me to pick one up. Played a battle as top tier, and honestly not that impressed with armor. I was penned from all sorts of angles by cruisers and bbs with ap (but mostly HE). Might be a captain issue and not a boat issue though. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I just wanted it for collection purposes and an occasional low tier bot seal clubbing expedition LOL. I actually don't expect it to be OP.

Frankly the only one of the "OP" ships that have been pulled that I have played, Kutuzov/ Belfast/Nikolai (have Gremy and Kamikaze too but don't DD), that I find to even come close to OP is Kutuzov. Nikolai is tough and accurate but with such a long reload and poor AA I don't call it OP. Belfast doesn't click for me despite me doing well in BRN CL's. Fiji is a million times better than Belfast for me. So it really is all in the eye of the player and player skill based I think. No ship is really OP.

Yeah Nikolai was the predictable flat desperation that caused it to be yanked not anything else. Having armor is pretty close to useless in the low tier which is why Orion is so OP as it guarantees a fire with each salvo.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
19 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Hey i love my ashitaka, leave her alone shes... special ok? If you dont love her then she cant love you back

Yeah first off Huanghe he is a true sleeper boat that some of us love. Ashitaka is a good tier 7 she is on my short list to get.

[INTEL]
Members
1,980 posts
11,786 battles

Blapping a broadside cruiser from 100% to 0% is hilarious... for the Nikolai driver

[PVE]
Members
9,366 posts
16,636 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

I kind of like Ashitaka. I actually do better with it than I do Nagato or Amagi.

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I kind of like Ashitaka. I actually do better with it than I do Nagato or Amagi.

Battleships i have: SC, Wyoming, Texas, NY, NM, Arizona, Colorado, NC, Alabama, Iowa, Missouri, Montana, Mikasa, Kawachi, Myogi, Ishzuchi, Kongo, Fuso, Mutsu, Nagato, Ashitaka, Amagi, Izumo, Yamato, Nassau, K.A, Kaiser, Konig, Bayern, Gnies, Bismarck, F.der, Grosser Kurfurst, Cesare, Bellero, Orion, Iron Duke, QE, Warspite, DOY, Hood, KGV, Monarch, Lion, Conq, Nikolai, October.

only my Cesare, Missori, Bretange, Montana, Yamato, GK, Conqerour have a higher avg dmg then it. currently Ashitaka is at 77k meanwhile my highest is 125k on conqerour (duh) however due to low number of battles on bretange im not counting it. so ashitaka is effectively #7 on best DMG.

for WR only Bretange, Alabama, Kii, Lyon, Nassau, Kawachi, DOY, Nikolai have a higher wr then it. currently ashitaka is at 67.57% while highest is 82.5% on nassau (not counting bretange, alabama, kii, lyon,kawachi,DOY due to low number of battles. so its effectivly my #3 best WR ship

basically it defeats 38ish battleships in terms of damage and 42ish battleships in terms of wr :thinking:

[GOOF]
Members
319 posts
4,389 battles

Thank you WG I will no longer pay for pricy collectable never to sold again ships if this is how it is. 

Advertised as unique and rare collectable now I understand.

[YAN]
Members
1,692 posts
8,085 battles
2 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Hey i love my ashitaka, leave her alone shes... special ok?

She needs, she oh so oh damn needs those Type 91s. Ashitaka just struggles far behind the pack without them, Type 91 Ashitaka would be a great ship to play but not overpowered, its the perfect thing for her.

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
25 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

She needs, she oh so oh damn needs those Type 91s. Ashitaka just struggles far behind the pack without them, Type 91 Ashitaka would be a great ship to play but not overpowered, its the perfect thing for her.

Not really. People just dont know how to play her. I mean at least shes better then lolrado and german battlecruiser

Members
4,118 posts
15,224 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Kamikaze is a pre nerf Minekaze with all the craziness that brought. Tier for tier she is one of the best torpedoboats in the game.

I wish that I'd grabbed one while they were available.  :Smile_sad:

I see that Vampire is in the shop too. If y'all want a fun low tier DD, you cant do wrong with that 'lil booger. :cap_like:

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts

Bought it back. Darn thing is just as ungainly as I remember. Turrets are slow. Short range guns are a nuisance. Torpedos and bombers devastate it. Cruisers dominate tier 3 and this ship burns for days. It may be best tier 3 B.B. but still is nowhere near as good for tier as the Nicholai. By that I mean Nicholai is a beast against any ship on the map. That said, KA tanks ap really well and when the stars align and reds let you get close enough it can whip butts in epic fashion.

Edited by thebigblue

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,734 posts
3,895 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Kamikaze is a pre nerf Minekaze with all the craziness that brought. Tier for tier she is one of the best torpedoboats in the game.

Actually Kamikaze was a nerfed Minekaze on release. She was considered by many to not be worth the purchase because "The free one is better".

Then WG gutted Minekaze like a trout, leaving it a shell of its former self. Which means the "nerfed" premium Minekaze, Kamikaze, is now actually better than Minekaze.

And also, now, considered "ludicrously overpowered". I mean, how dare a Japanese destroyer be good at something it was designed to do, right?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,342 posts
19,751 battles

I never thought she was an OP ship that merited getting yanked.  She is very strong against same tier BBs but she scales up against Tier IV BBs poorly.  She is also vulnerable to DDs, as with other BBs.  She has good secondaries, but you have to be an idiot to sail into their range.  The main battery accuracy is HORRID.

KA relies more on the idiocy of your opponents to shine, whereas Belfast, Imp.Nik., Caesar, etc. can use their strengths and impose their will on people, and succeed.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I never thought she was an OP ship that merited getting yanked.  She is very strong against same tier BBs but she scales up against Tier IV BBs poorly.  She is also vulnerable to DDs, as with other BBs.  She has good secondaries, but you have to be an idiot to sail into their range.

Captain idiot reporting for duty!

With all my German secondary builds, I've figured out that they work best in the second half of the battle when you can get some ships isolated and running away. Still having some issues staying alive to the second half of the battle, but when I do, watch out. 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,563 posts
5,062 battles
8 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

And also, now, considered "ludicrously overpowered". I mean, how dare a Japanese destroyer be good at something it was designed to do, right?

I didnt say she was ludicrously overpowered.

Not biased towards IJN DDs, but as Jingles mentioned about the ship she is at a tier where most BBs are still learning how to WASD hack and sail broadside often for minutes. This creates a perfect environment to consider such a ship to a certain extent overpowered.

Also compared to her same tier peers, she is the only one that doesn't really care about being uptiered. 

These are my beliefs towards this specific ship, I may be biased since I missed my opportunity to earn one :Smile-_tongue:.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,734 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I didnt say she was ludicrously overpowered.

I meant in general opinion, not specifically yours.

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
18 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Actually Kamikaze was a nerfed Minekaze on release. She was considered by many to not be worth the purchase because "The free one is better".

Then WG gutted Minekaze like a trout, leaving it a shell of its former self. Which means the "nerfed" premium Minekaze, Kamikaze, is now actually better than Minekaze.

What where the stats of the old minekaze again?

/what was changed from minekaze to kamikaze

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

I meant in general opinion, not specifically yours.

Agreed that ship is just nutty.... couldnt get a break with some game lately in it though