You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

If you missed out on Konig Albert and thought it was removed as OP...

59 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,092 posts
16,145 battles

Go to the shop right now as it is for sale for $12 US.  I just was glancing to see what ships were out today and lo and behold KA was there. Buy!!!! I missed it the last time it was for sale and then it was supposedly listed as being OP and pulled from sale like Nikolai, Kutuzov, Belfast, etc... Never thought I would get it unless from a crate. It's there though right now if you are interested.

EDIT - you just have to love people on these forums. So just exactly what deserves a downvote here? :Smile_sceptic: Might just be my little forum stalker troll though. If so hi little troll. :Smile_glasses:

wjI7Pt9.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,713 battles

woohoo!  I love my German ships, and was sad I missed out on this guy.  Thanks for the heads up Thunder

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
563 posts
12,706 battles

It IS a good ship.  In fact when I use my Imperator Nikolai 1 at Tier IV, I'm usually up against Orions, Kaisers and the Tier V Konig A.  The Konig is the only one I have any real concerns about, and need to really focus when facing one. Gudbote

Edited by nagasakee

[HYDRO]
Members
3,474 posts
4,940 battles

I just hope this does not signify the return of other ships pulled from the shop... that said, with the shifts in meta I feel Gremy could be put on sale without making life miserable for the players.

[BNKR]
Members
1,302 posts
1,332 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I just hope this does not signify the return of other ships pulled from the shop... that said, with the shifts in meta I feel Gremy could be put on sale without making life miserable for the players.

I hope you're wrong and they all come back. I started playing after those few ships were pulled, and I'd like to have a chance to buy them.

Alpha Tester
2,284 posts

Might be a mistake by WG. Best grab it now before they remove it!

Edit: KA is also on sale on the Asia server so it looks legit. Hope they bring back Imperator Nikolai as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=4444862

[TOG]
Members
3,566 posts
19,018 battles
3 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Nothing is going to be rare now. Expect Belfast and Kutuzov in the coming weeks as well.

I doubt it. WG was offering to buy those ships back in doubloons prior to 0.6.12. 

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
10,388 battles

Worth the 22$ for me! God damn i thought i would never get my greasy hands on her

edit have the nikolai, gremy, k.a, belfast, kutuzov, Missouri, Tachibana Lima and kamikaze

only rare collectors items i dont have are Diana Lima, Marblehead Lima, Kamikaze R, Fujin, iwaki alpha, arkansas beta, alabama st.

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles

I already have mine, I love the look of her. I wish Wargaming would give us more Pre WWI and WW1 ships.

[TOG]
Members
3,566 posts
19,018 battles

Thank you for the heads up. I have the nicky. I have the most ships killed with her (7). Be good to have another OP ship.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,474 posts
4,940 battles
19 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I hope you're wrong and they all come back. I started playing after those few ships were pulled, and I'd like to have a chance to buy them.

Belfast broke the game for a few patches and contributed to making a ranked season that much worse. She is the finest example of not knowing when to stop when giving gimmicks to ships.

Imp. Nikolai is the ultimate sealclubber simply put.

Kutuzov is still very strong, though the smoke nerf lessened his OPness. 

Kamikaze is a pre nerf Minekaze with all the craziness that brought. Tier for tier she is one of the best torpedoboats in the game.

All these would supposedly not return, especially Belfast, and for good reason.

Would I like to have them? Of course, who wouldnt want OP stuff. But the way a saturation of these ships will make the game a less enjoyable experience for quite a while makes me wish they don't reappear.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
37 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Go to the shop right now as it is for sale for $12 US.  I just was glancing to see what ships were out today and lo and behold KA was there. Buy!!!! I missed it the last time it was for sale and then it was supposedly listed as being OP and pulled from sale like Nikolai, Kutuzov, Belfast, etc... Never thought I would get it unless from a crate. It's there though right now if you are interested.

wjI7Pt9.jpg

I bought it a year ago because someone said it OP. It isn’t it is very vulnerable to being torpedoed. As HE knows no master and at low tiers that’s all that people shoot. So not being citadeled means nothing it will be burned to the waterline or flooded just like every other tier 3 BB.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
609 posts
12,675 battles
17 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I bought it a year ago because someone said it OP. It isn’t it is very vulnerable to being torpedoed. As HE knows no master and at low tiers that’s all that people shoot. So not being citadeled means nothing it will be burned to the waterline or flooded just like every other tier 3 BB.

Well, no ship is perfect but, for me and my limited skill set, she's been great. She was my first premium and German Captain trainer. Yes, at T3 she is susceptible to torps and fire, like all T3s, but she has the broadside and hps of a T4. Her citadel apparently lives in fantasy land with leprechauns and unicorns because no one can ever find it.  All in all a really fun ship that I still go back to once in a while and play. 

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
10,388 battles
1 minute ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Well, no ship is perfect but, for me and my limited skill set, she's been great. She was my first premium and German Captain trainer. Yes, at T3 she is susceptible to torps and fire, like all T3s, but she has the broadside and hps of a T4. Her citadel apparently lives in fantasy land with leprechauns and unicorns because no one can ever find it.  All in all a really fun ship that I still go back to once in a while and play. 

Yeh that and she is truely the only ship the the game that cant get citadeled. NIKOLAI still can get citadeled from angles but this cant

[PVE]
Members
9,092 posts
16,145 battles
23 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I just wanted it for collection purposes and an occasional low tier bot seal clubbing expedition LOL. I actually don't expect it to be OP.

Frankly the only one of the "OP" ships that have been pulled that I have played, Kutuzov/ Belfast/Nikolai (have Gremy and Kamikaze too but don't DD), that I find to even come close to OP is Kutuzov. Nikolai is tough and accurate but with such a long reload and poor AA I don't call it OP. Belfast doesn't click for me despite me doing well in BRN CL's. Fiji is a million times better than Belfast for me. So it really is all in the eye of the player and player skill based I think. No ship is really OP.

[TOG]
Members
3,566 posts
19,018 battles
38 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Belfast broke the game for a few patches and contributed to making a ranked season that much worse. She is the finest example of not knowing when to stop when giving gimmicks to ships.

She wasn't too bad in random. It's when you go to ranked battles in a tier where there are only 3 radar ships and you have all the tools it becomes OP, Consider also this was before the smoke nerf.  Probably the reason WG has not gone back to a T7 ranked season.

Imp. Nikolai is the ultimate sealclubber simply put.

Oh yeah. Got the most number of  ships killed in her. 7

working outside of 7.7 detct range is a pain.

Would I like to have them? Of course, who wouldnt want OP stuff.

And now I have the full set. Cackle

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[_-_]
Members
2,151 posts
41 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Would I like to have them? Of course, who wouldnt want OP stuff. But the way a saturation of these ships will make the game a less enjoyable experience for quite a while makes me wish they don't reappear.

Since both Kutuzov and Belfast were freely available for a long time and many people still play them, I don't quite see how offering them again would result in "saturation". I kept my Toozie when the buy-back came around, and I'm glad I did, nerf or no nerf.

Would I swoop on a Belfast now? In a heartbeat., because I'm a cruiser main. Still, at their pricetags I'm not sure either would suddenly become everyone's must-have ships.

This is particularly true since the cruiser-main population has been declining and is almost a niche like CV now. The new USN CL's and Soviet battlecruisers will be a novelty for awhile but most folks will likely go back to their BB and DD faves. Nothing wrong with that.

Mainly, when it comes to sales and marketing, never say never.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles

Considering I hated every single thing about Kaiser, I have little motivation to get a downtiered Kaiser.

But more power to those who do want it.

[PVE]
Members
9,092 posts
16,145 battles
2 minutes ago, alexbuildit said:

I haven’t played wows while this was offered. What makes this OP out of curiosity?

Mainly T4 ship at T3 = armor.