You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Seems to be no penalty at all for going into illuminated areas in cherry blossom.

7 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
610 posts
12,978 battles

I intentionally sailed into every lit area in front of me and suffered no focused fire, nor any shore bombardment. Avoiding the flares makes no difference at all.

There should be some sort of penalty, like shore batteries shoot at you, or all ships focus you, or more ships spawn.

[RST]
Members
1,906 posts
11,992 battles

I sailed into that area by accident on the test server and got pummelled by three cruisers. I think you got lucky

[-ARP-]
Members
610 posts
12,978 battles

No, I have done it several times. The scenario bot tactic of targeting the lowest HP target remains. You can sail in the flares right past ships and they never target you, they will continue to shoot a distant pensacola with low HP.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[LOU1]
Members
9 posts
1,363 battles

According to the vids I watched (Jingles 7 R3dEye Gaming) and play on the the PTS,  the bots are focused on the Marines ashore to the exclusion of all else.  That is, until the Marine position is secured.

[-ARP-]
Members
610 posts
12,978 battles

As so much as I thought, the lights are just decoration (shrug)

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts
On 6/15/2018 at 8:12 PM, Cit_the_bed said:

No, I have done it several times. The scenario bot tactic of targeting the lowest HP target remains. You can sail in the flares right past ships and they never target you, they will continue to shoot a distant pensacola with low HP.

I noticed that if I was leading the pack i was attacked by DDs (though they were not always there), but otherwise I agree with your assessment.  The biggest issue I had was insufficient range to engage those bots closest to the marines.