You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

People keep shooting the runways in cherry blossom instead of the buildings

9 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
595 posts
12,486 battles

Almost failed cherry blossom, people shell the runways at the air bases like you would in real life. The problem is the buildings are the hit box. I shot the runway for minutes until I realized the real target (buildings next to runway). 

Cleared the mission with only 10 seconds left after minutes of trying to shoot the base.

[POP]
Members
1,637 posts
17,767 battles
9 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Almost failed cherry blossom, people shell the runways at the air bases like you would in real life. The problem is the buildings are the hit box. I shot the runway for minutes until I realized the real target (buildings next to runway). 

Cleared the mission with only 10 seconds left after minutes of trying to shoot the base.

Thanks  for the heads up

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,444 posts
11,346 battles

Plus you need to use HE for the most damage unlike every other operation.

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles

The right side airfield I don't even look at what I shoot at since I shoot it over the mountain without direct visual(since that way you don't attract aggro from the defending cruiser and DDs). The left one I shoot the hangar it is in view otherwise anywhere else that have a hitbox.  Also, does Edinburgh AP do damage to airfield? If so where do you shoot it to make that happen? If Edinburgh AP doesn't do damage then that means if you only have Edinburgh left you would automatically lose, bad game design right there WG.

3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Plus you need to use HE for the most damage unlike every other operation.

Building(not Forts) have always taken more damage from HE than AP, for example the base buildings in Operation Killer Whale would die to 3 152mm HE shells(so you can single fire turrets to kill 3 in 1 salvo) but would eat a full BB volley or Molotov AP salvo and still have HP left. Forts on the other hand take massively more damage from AP at ranges when you can penetrate them and is killed much slower with HE.

Edited by 400lbHacker_TheCybers

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,444 posts
11,346 battles
1 hour ago, 400lbHacker_TheCybers said:

The right side airfield I don't even look at what I shoot at since I shoot it over the mountain without direct visual(since that way you don't attract aggro from the defending cruiser and DDs). The left one I shoot the hangar it is in view otherwise anywhere else that have a hitbox.  Also, does Edinburgh AP do damage to airfield? If so where do you shoot it to make that happen? If Edinburgh AP doesn't do damage then that means if you only have Edinburgh left you would automatically lose, bad game design right there WG.

Building(not Forts) have always taken more damage from HE than AP, for example the base buildings in Operation Killer Whale would die to 3 152mm HE shells(so you can single fire turrets to kill 3 in 1 salvo) but would eat a full BB volley or Molotov AP salvo and still have HP left. Forts on the other hand take massively more damage from AP at ranges when you can penetrate them and is killed much slower with HE.

Not in my experience, although HE can start fires. I suppose I will have to do some testing.

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Not in my experience, although HE can start fires. I suppose I will have to do some testing.

For Killer Whale, the base building are killed much faster with HE than AP, this needs 0 testing whatever. If you experienced differently then you mis-remembered, again the Forts are not base buildings(Warehouses/Oil Tanks etc)

[-ARP-]
Members
595 posts
12,486 battles

Just make the whole facility damageable but give it double the HP. Why make people with AP only ships suffer?

In the harbor attack scenario, leander cannot even kill the bunkers guarding the harbor. This is an old problem.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

In the harbor attack scenario, leander cannot even kill the bunkers guarding the harbor. This is an old problem.

You could, but 152mm AP only pens  Fort/Bunker at <7km so you have to get close to do it. But in my experience in this mode Edinburgh AP don't damage building at any range.