You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrovelerWyrm73

Cleveland needs to be moved!

66 comments in this topic

[ECCHI]
Members
20 posts
3,903 battles
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, Gandariel said:

I understand you, and i know your feelings and Gandariel will tell you one Cleveland secret. /

Yet on the server, we have just 2 groups Cleveland players 

1. One play it without IHFE  - doing average dmg 20k and bouncing 80percnet shells with 300dmg max

2. Second, respec their captain to have IHFE skill on Cleveland doing 80k + DMG per battle and doing 3000dmg per volley.

If you have some doubloons o elite exp for respeccing your captain only skill you need on Cleveland is IHFE. 

There is one video on youtube where will explain to you why you feel underpowered with your Cleveland and why the hell you do  300 dmg to everything at t8-t10 

Enjoy your 80-130k dmg with Cleveland with IHFE 

You welcome 

SO WHERE IS THE LINK???? so far the Cleveland at tier 8 is a PUS, AND ONE HAS TO PLAY IT AS A COWARD SHIP instead of a FIGHTING SHIP!!!!!!!

[BOTO]
Members
602 posts
10,965 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, Capt_Q_Sparrow said:

right now Cleveland is out ranged and out gunned in virtually all matches . Guns can't inflict damage against a T 10 ship

I take it you're not using IFHE?  I have no problem doing damage to Tier X ships.

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
2 hours ago, Wild_E_Coyote42 said:

SO WHERE IS THE LINK???? so far the Cleveland at tier 8 is a PUS, AND ONE HAS TO PLAY IT AS A COWARD SHIP instead of a FIGHTING SHIP!!!!!!!

If a ship can sit behind an island and lob shells at another ship without receiving incoming fire, that is called being tactically smart and using the strength of your weapon system. That doesn't make the player or play style "cowardice." I have found the Cleveland can also dual in open water if you kite her. However, show me a Cleveland captain who tries to trade broadsides with heavy cruisers, or charges headlong towards a BB, and he or she is going to get deleted. That is not how to play her.

And she definitely needs a 14-point captain with IFHE and CE to be effective.

Still, I understand not everybody is going to enjoy playing the tier 8 Cleveland. Heck, not everybody enjoys tier 8, 9, and 10 matches. Just because you enjoy playing WoWs a certain way doesn't mean other people have to do so nor does it make the other play styles "cowardly." 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,334 posts
19,749 battles
On 6/20/2018 at 4:29 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Pensacola had severe issues doing anything decent when she was in Tier VII.  As it stands right now, this is how Cleveland is doing at Tier VIII.

IEaxzgx.jpg

I don't want to directly compare her stats to the other Cruisers because they are using "All time" while Cleveland's is more recent.  However, with almost 84k matches played since VIII Cleveland went live, she is maintaining a 53% Win Rate.  That's way above "decent" in my book.  The rest of the stats look okay.  Honestly, with the guys suddenly finding their Clevelands in Tier VIII, I expected her stats to be much worse, so I'm very surprised to see a 53% WR with a ship some are proclaiming to be "bad."  She's doing fine, and definitely not a Pensacola in Tier VIII.

7 days and over 40k more battles later, she's still looking good.

S1MiGSk.jpg

The statistical performance of VIII Cleveland is legit.  She hasn't been out that long and she's seeing a very large amount of action.  126k battles for a new ship is TONS of action and is already seeing 1/4 the amount of battles Charles Martel has seen, who has been out far, far longer.  Her stats with so much action is a great sample because of the assuredly high variation of players that are using her.  This isn't just a few good players propping up Cleveland stats, not at 126k matches.

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 4:00 AM, Gandariel said:

There is one video on youtube where will explain to you why you feel underpowered with your Cleveland and why the hell you do  300 dmg to everything at t8-t10 

I would like to see this video. Do please share the link, if you will

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
461 posts
12,889 battles

Found the guy that hasn't actually played the tier 8 Cleveland and thinks the game only revolves around "historical accuracy" lmbo She does just fine in capable hands. Hell i've pulled 130K+ damage in games.

[BIER]
Members
242 posts
4,455 battles

152mm HE on the Cleveland can penetrate only 24mm of armor.  The vast majority of everything you shoot at has at least that amount, if it's T8+.

Basically, you can cause damage to superstructures on BBs and CAs, and any part of a DD.  It also will damage most parts of T7 and lower CAs.

IFHE, like for the Russian CAs, is really a necessity to expect to do decent overall damage.

Until you get IFHE, you have to play as an anti-DD ship - use the radar to do so, and you'll be greatly successful.  In that configuration, you really don't try to target big ships and expect to do any significant damage, though playing for Fire damage is entirely possible. The ROF is murderous against DDs.

Once you get IFHE (and that should be the VERY FIRST 4th level skill you get, as soon as you have 10 points on your captain), the whole picture changes. The Cleveland becomes a massive terror, putting the Mogami to shame in the DPM and firestarting capability.  

In both cases, it's just like the Mogami and Edinburgh - a LIGHT CRUISER, so you play with cover. 

The Cleveland is still a bit OP in my book, once the IFHE skill is acquired. The ROF and insane turret rotation is just a bit too much.

Edited by LAnybody

[OBS]
Members
1,266 posts
10,061 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 12:23 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When the rest of the CLs come out for the line, it is going to be crazy.  If the DDs are whining about Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore now, wait until Worcester arrives.

I predict Worcester very early on is going to have RIDICULOUS STATS, as veteran players will FreeXP to her on Day 1 and start going to town.  She's going to look like Minotaur at first.  Minotaur when she first came out had ridiculous stats.  She was doing Moskva & Zao levels of damage, etc.  But after time, as more people got Minotaur, her stats settled down to where they are today.  I expect the exact same thing to happen with Worcester.  Mark my words.  There will be massive cries of "Nerf Worcester!" when she releases as the veteran players are doing their work.

Yes I agree; I encountered Worcester during testing a number of times and the experience was not unlike watching a Minotaur with HE.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,334 posts
19,749 battles
7 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

Yes I agree; I encountered Worcester during testing a number of times and the experience was not unlike watching a Minotaur with HE.  

I recall some saying she's even more annoying than Minotaur.  Minotaur spams AP, you can go bow on and ignore her shells while doing your work.  But that's not the case with Worcester.

Beta Testers
537 posts
2,035 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 2:37 AM, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

Dev's,

Cleveland is a LIGHT CRUISER, built in 1942.  It NEVER was intended to be used fighting against heavy cruisers, and Battleships built in 1944-1950.  It is completely outclassed at that tier.  It does not have the hp, the firing range (Especially at stock), armor, or the firepower to be at Tier 8.  Everyone who knows and plays any T8-T10 battles knows this, and they take advantage of it...EVERY TIME.

You Dev's are setting it up for failure, especially if you use the Ocean map as the battle map.  Put it back to Tier 6!  Don't believe me? Check your stats on it.  See what you come up with.  [edited]

Man, this thread takes me back. It was but a few months ago we had this (almost) exact thread...but with the 6 and the 8 reversed... and 'outclassed' replaced with 'nerfed'...and '1944-1950' replaced with '1921-1929'...

On 6/15/2018 at 4:09 AM, shadowsrmine said:

Don't want it put back want it buffed back up to where it was before they nerfed her

What exactly didn't get un-nerfed? All I can think of is the split citadel. And the 5"/38 RoF.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, MackDye said:

Found the guy that hasn't actually played the tier 8 Cleveland and thinks the game only revolves around "historical accuracy" lmbo She does just fine in capable hands. Hell i've pulled 130K+ damage in games.

I'm a historical grognard myself, and I'm doing well enough in her that I'm starting to worry about nerfs coming down the line. Again.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,018 posts
40 minutes ago, Shatara422 said:

Man, this thread takes me back. It was but a few months ago we had this (almost) exact thread...but with the 6 and the 8 reversed... and 'outclassed' replaced with 'nerfed'...and '1944-1950' replaced with '1921-1929'...

What exactly didn't get un-nerfed? All I can think of is the split citadel. And the 5"/38 RoF.

I'm a historical grognard myself, and I'm doing well enough in her that I'm starting to worry about nerfs coming down the line. Again.

Armor and range Armor and range  and speed

Edited by shadowsrmine

[DETN8]
Members
245 posts
5,330 battles
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tier X CV + 2 Worcester Division

Because LOL for the enemy CV.

Actually, isn't it better to do Tier IX CV + 2 Worcester Division? 
This way you anchor the airpower down a notch while keeping your division top tier. The Worcesters will melt planes even easier then, and you'll only have to worry about ship AA.
MM tries to match CV tier after all, and you can't have double carrier at top tier iirc. 
I can only imagine what double Midway looks like.

Edited by Seniorious

[OBS]
Members
1,266 posts
10,061 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 1:56 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I recall some saying she's even more annoying than Minotaur.  Minotaur spams AP, you can go bow on and ignore her shells while doing your work.  But that's not the case with Worcester.

Well duh that's where I was going, lol.  Saying "Minotaur with HE" should be rather terrifyingly self explanatory.  Haven't bothered to look if they've modified it at all since then.

[70]
Members
1,103 posts
5,752 battles

So I'm back after seeing what abomination they call the Seattle.

Indeed Cleveland needs to be moved... either put it up to Tier 9 or put Fargo i.e. slightly modified Cleveland there instead of the current heap of feces that is the Sea-Cattle (led to the slaughter and full of bullsh**).

Totally not bitter over my first game this weekend for the 1750 base XP in a match mission being Cleveland, 170K damage, Witherer, High Caliber, 1742 Base XP...

Edited by Guardian54

[CHA0S]
Members
4 posts
7,982 battles

To be honest, I do wish the Cleveland main battery range was a bit farther out. The 14.6 against tier 10's does pita time make, I know it's NOT  the smallest range, but honestly, she isn't fast enough to get away nor sturdy enough of her big sister ships to handle the beating she is facing. An HP Buff would NOT hurt her, she does have the lowest base HP of any t8 cruiser. While I understand she has to have some downsides (ever the way can't have it all) I can dream can't I? 

Heres to hoping power creep doesn't kill her off before she gets a chance to truly show what's she capable of. 

Edited by Abrecan

[70]
Members
1,103 posts
5,752 battles
2 hours ago, Abrecan said:

To be honest, I do wish the Cleveland main battery range was a bit farther out. The 14.6 against tier 10's does pita time make, I know it's NOT  the smallest range, but honestly, she isn't fast enough to get away nor sturdy enough of her big sister ships to handle the beating she is facing. An HP Buff would NOT hurt her, she does have the lowest base HP of any t8 cruiser. While I understand she has to have some downsides (ever the way can't have it all) I can dream can't I? 

Heres to hoping power creep doesn't kill her off before she gets a chance to truly show what's she capable of. 

If you're in a place where you can't run away enough to get enemies to switch targets, or duck behind an island, or both while burning your enemies down to the waterline and deleting their HP with HE pens... well...