You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrovelerWyrm73

Cleveland needs to be moved!

66 comments in this topic

[273]
Members
6 posts

Dev's,

Cleveland is a LIGHT CRUISER, built in 1942.  It NEVER was intended to be used fighting against heavy cruisers, and Battleships built in 1944-1950.  It is completely outclassed at that tier.  It does not have the hp, the firing range (Especially at stock), armor, or the firepower to be at Tier 8.  Everyone who knows and plays any T8-T10 battles knows this, and they take advantage of it...EVERY TIME.

You Dev's are setting it up for failure, especially if you use the Ocean map as the battle map.  Put it back to Tier 6!  Don't believe me? Check your stats on it.  See what you come up with.  [edited]

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles

According to WoWs Numbers, the Cleveland at tier 8 isn't doing that bad - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4076779504,Cleveland/

Sure. She is much less forgiving at tier 8 than she was at tier 6, but she faces the same pros and cons that any tier 8 cruiser has in a tier 9 or 10 match. When the Cleveland is used to her strengths, she shines. I've had a blast with her at tier 8, but I realize that her playstyle is not for everybody and not everyone enjoys higher tier matches.

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,638 posts
7,641 battles

Meanwhile Mogami, a light Cruiser from 1935, is doing just fine. Edinburgh, a Light Cruiser from 1939, is doing just fine.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[273]
Members
6 posts
7 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

According to WoWs Numbers, the Cleveland at tier 8 isn't doing that bad - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4076779504,Cleveland/

Sure. She is much less forgiving at tier 8 than she was at tier 6, but she faces the same pros and cons that any tier 8 cruiser has in a tier 9 or 10 match. When the Cleveland is used to her strengths, she shines. I've had a blast with her at tier 8, but I realize that her playstyle is not for everybody and not everyone enjoys higher tier matches.

Those stats are for all time.  They don't reflect the latest information regarding since they moved it to T8.

And if she has the same stats as what she had at T6, it is only obvious the worse problems she will have at T8.

• Cool 1

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
Just now, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

Those stats are for all time.  They don't reflect the latest information regarding since they moved it to T8.

And if she has the same stats as what she had at T6, it is only obvious the worse problems she will have at T8.

Nope. You are incorrect. That link is for the tier 8 Cleveland. Take a look again. It is only showing 52,217 battles - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4076779504,Cleveland/

This is for the tier 6 Cleveland, which has over 6 million battles - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4287543280,Cleveland-31-05-2018-/

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Members
73 posts
5,922 battles

Neither does the recent stats for t8 cleveland reflects. Wait a month or two before coming to conclusions. Oh, and provide evidence.

You do realized how WG is not going to put back cleveland back into t6 considering she was never meant to be there in the first place. Cleve got jammed into t6 because WG at the time didn't have a t6 CL; Pensacola and New Orleans were actually older than her. in fact WG had to nerf her back in beta because she performed way too well without balancing twikes.

Oceans is rare map, that almost no ship ever works well in, that arguement is kinda invalid. 

Lastly, WG can alway buff the ship if it doesn't perform well enough. It's not the end of the world if they get it wrong. It is far easier to screw things up, than to fix things. WG may have had tests before the release of cleveland, but those were limited.

Edited by TheLastSterling
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,333 posts
12,427 battles

I could have sworn Clevelands proved themselves handily in WW2.

Members
2,167 posts
4,892 battles
5 minutes ago, TheLastSterling said:

Neither does the recent stats for t8 cleveland reflects. Wait a month or two before coming to conclusions. Oh, and provide evidence.

You do realized how WG is not going to put back cleveland back into t6 considering she was never meant to be there in the first place. Cleve got jammed into t6 because WG at the time didn't have a t6 CL; Pensacola and New Orleans were actually older than her. in fact WG had to nerf her back in beta because she performed way too well without balancing twikes.

Oceans is rare map, that almost no ship ever works well in, that arguement is kinda invalid. 

Lastly, WG can alway buff the ship if it doesn't perform well enough. It's not the end of the world if they get it wrong. It is far easier to screw things up, than to fix things. WG may have had tests before the release of cleveland, but those were limited.

What are your predictions for the stats of Cleveland (in another 2-4 weeks) and the rest of the USN CLs compared to their same tier peers?

[WAIFU]
Members
73 posts
5,922 battles
18 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

What are your predictions for the stats of Cleveland (in another 2-4 weeks) and the rest of the USN CLs compared to their same tier peers?

not sure, Haven't tried cleveland yet really. I'm just waiting for a long period for the stats to stablized before coming to conclusions really. Some people will do good, some won't. Based on Warships_Numbers, cleveland is doing goodimage.thumb.png.1080bc1f0275551b9baef9afd1ad900e.png

@GrovelerWyrm73

Members
2,167 posts
4,892 battles
1 minute ago, TheLastSterling said:

not sure, Haven't tried cleveland yet really. I'm just waiting for a long period for the stats to stablized before coming to conclusions really. Some people will do good, some won't. Based on Warships_Numbers, cleveland is doing goodimage.thumb.png.1080bc1f0275551b9baef9afd1ad900e.png

Baltimore's also doing good, and NO's performance is now on par with Myoko.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,251 posts
16,589 battles
44 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

the Cleveland at tier 8 isn't doing that bad

This, in my opinion (and yes, I own and play one) is true.

26 minutes ago, TheLastSterling said:

in fact WG had to nerf her back in beta because she performed way too well without balancing twikes.

This is definitely true, I was there when that happened.

56 minutes ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

It is completely outclassed at that tier.

Not in the games I've had. 

22 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I predict that the new tier 8 Cleveland will do just fine, but that players will continue to complain anyways.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
32 minutes ago, TheLastSterling said:

Oceans is rare map, that almost no ship player ever works well in, that arguement is kinda invalid. 

Fixed it ;P

OT: Post a replay OP and we will help you.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

the only problem with the ship is the fact that some people still want to play it like they did at T6, and you just can't.

It's a light cruiser. now it plays like one.

Edited by MidnightShamalan
  • Cool 2

[R-R-R]
Members
1,024 posts
8,234 battles
52 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Nope. You are incorrect. That link is for the tier 8 Cleveland. Take a look again. It is only showing 52,217 battles - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4076779504,Cleveland/

This is for the tier 6 Cleveland, which has over 6 million battles - https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4287543280,Cleveland-31-05-2018-/

No. The problem is that you are comparing all time stats of T8 Cleveland(which is still a short time) to all time stats of other ships. 

You need to compare all ships in the same settings, same period of time, both solo or divisioned.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,935 posts
1 hour ago, TheLastSterling said:

You do realized how >>-->>WG is not going to put back cleveland back into t6 considering she was never meant to be there in the first place.<<<--<< Cleve got jammed into t6 because WG at the time didn't have a t6 CL; Pensacola and New Orleans were actually older than her. in fact WG had to nerf her back in beta because she performed way too well without balancing twikes.

Don't want it put back want it buffed back up to where it was before they nerfed her

• Cool 1

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
1 hour ago, TheLastSterling said:

Oceans is rare map, that almost no ship  cruiser ever works well in, that argument is kinda invalid. 

39 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Fixed it ;P

Fixed it too :cap_cool:

[273]
Members
6 posts

Then please give some buff back so i can at least live long enough to say.....kill any other ship before i get hammered by 5 or 6 ships all looking to get a cheap kill.  This is getting ridiculous!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
2 minutes ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

Then please give some buff back so i can at least live long enough to say.....kill any other ship before i get hammered by 5 or 6 ships all looking to get a cheap kill.  This is getting ridiculous!

Then don't sail broadside and in the open...

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
865 posts
14,546 battles
2 hours ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

Dev's,

Cleveland is a LIGHT CRUISER, built in 1942.  It NEVER was intended to be used fighting against heavy cruisers, and Battleships built in 1944-1950.  It is completely outclassed at that tier.  It does not have the hp, the firing range (Especially at stock), armor, or the firepower to be at Tier 8.  Everyone who knows and plays any T8-T10 battles knows this, and they take advantage of it...EVERY TIME.

You Dev's are setting it up for failure, especially if you use the Ocean map as the battle map.  Put it back to Tier 6!  Don't believe me? Check your stats on it.  See what you come up with.  IMHO this was a foolhardy move without much thought.

I understand you, and i know your feelings and Gandariel will tell you one Cleveland secret. /

Yet on the server, we have just 2 groups Cleveland players 

1. One play it without IHFE  - doing average dmg 20k and bouncing 80percnet shells with 300dmg max

2. Second, respec their captain to have IHFE skill on Cleveland doing 80k + DMG per battle and doing 3000dmg per volley.

If you have some doubloons o elite exp for respeccing your captain only skill you need on Cleveland is IHFE. 

There is one video on youtube where will explain to you why you feel underpowered with your Cleveland and why the hell you do  300 dmg to everything at t8-t10 

Enjoy your 80-130k dmg with Cleveland with IHFE 

You welcome 

Edited by Gandariel

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,638 posts
7,641 battles
34 minutes ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

Numerous players manage to perform well in the current Cleveland. If they can, you can do that as well. Try to improve your own gameplay, if you have questions, feel free to send a replay and people will help you.

• Cool 1

[273]
Members
6 posts
52 minutes ago, geser98 said:

If it were that simple, I wouldn't have posted in the first place.

21 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Numerous players manage to perform well in the current Cleveland. If they can, you can do that as well. Try to improve your own gameplay, if you have questions, feel free to send a replay and people will help you.

I was playing rather.....superbly, imho, when it was T6, since it was my favorite American cruiser, and I played it a lot.  However, after being introduced into T8, there is absolutely no room for error.  So, after a 24 games tonight, of which i survived...NONE....I can say there is something there.

So, WG had this bright idea, moved my favorite ship to another tier, removed all upgrades and mods and ruined the experience for me.  Yeah, my idea of fun.

I guess its time to do the age old thing.....uninstall the game.  Not worth my time anymore.

• Funny 2

[WAIFU]
Members
73 posts
5,922 battles

If you not surviving and doing well when others have proven they can, then the issue is yourself. If your so petty, then play a different ship, and or wait for the T6 replacement light cruiser for cleveland line is coming. :Smile_facepalm:

Tough luck, game changes all the time, and  some people will hate them.

Unless you purposefullly do crap in cleveland enough, so that the server WR goes way down, maybe then will WG give your buffs. :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
100 posts
6,117 battles

3 hours ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

You Dev's are setting it up for failure

image.thumb.png.fbd14c90dfe28a684356a79c301fa296.png

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif.0266fbfe5ed087f79cf893111eb130eb.gif

Edited by xKSNx
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Community Department
2,786 posts
810 battles
2 hours ago, GrovelerWyrm73 said:

2 hours ago, geser98 said:

It's a good rule for everyone, every ship has strong and weak sides. Watch some guides, check if captains perks are suitable, upgrades, etc. 
By the way, I can't see you have been playing Cleveland yet.