Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

Izumo needs buff

36 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,660 battles

I have always wanted the yamato, and currently at the izumo

What an absolute turd.   its so terrible i am really tempted to free exp to the yamato

I know WG's standard practice of putting a really bad ship as the final step and I refuse to spend money to convert free exp and cave in to WG shady practice.  

Buff Izumo!!!!! its the worst tier 9 BB and literally a exp pinata

• Boring 1

[DENY]
Members
707 posts
7,942 battles

It because of the armor . Easy to citadel and soo big . Had a devastating strike on one with my Alsace 

[PIZZA]
Members
902 posts
9,872 battles

I have stopped playing Amagi because I have heard a lot of bad thing about Izumo. Izumo is also more target than threat.

Why bother to play turd.  

Edited by Finnkax

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles

I liked the izmo, but honestly why free xp now? You should hve done it for ranked if you were going to. If you want 5c worth for free: never be the lone target, and play her as a dunq/rich. The guns are awesome, i kept hoping to run into a Miz bow tanking, cause you bounce his shells but eat him up. For me the fdg is far worse than izmo, but tastes and colors...

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles
20 minutes ago, dad003 said:

It because of the armor . Easy to citadel and soo big . Had a devastating strike on one with my Alsace 

In my experience yammy is easier to cit because of the bow turret cit. 

• Cool 1

[F-N-S]
Members
530 posts
50 minutes ago, behindurback said:

What an absolute turd.   its so terrible i am really tempted to free exp to the yamato

I know WG's standard practice of putting a really bad ship as the final step and I refuse to spend money to convert free exp and cave in to WG shady practice.  

Musushi disagrees....

[LEGIT]
Members
1,011 posts
7,853 battles

You just gotta learn how to play it. Izumo is a long range sniping ship.. Of course I really enjoyed my Izumo. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
864 posts
14,489 battles
3 hours ago, behindurback said:

Is there any space in your mindset accepting you just play Izumo bad? 

As a person who passes Izumo, i see lots of players play that ship bad way and then complain.

I had awesome games with Izumo and make tons of dmg with that ship. You need just play her differently than previous ships.

2 small hints.

1. Respec your captain to antifire build /that first and second line  + upgrades with fire prevention and that repair party thing.

If you have that skill with max 3 fire on desk some repair party time reduction /i don't remember exactly but you can go down on like 32-36sec per fire on deck /  - so you 'll never use repair party with 1-2 fires on deck.

2. BOW. BOW.BOW. only move with Izumo is forward or backward. I had games when going backward whole map whole game /once i was reported with my own teammate what I'm doing - btw had 200k dmg that game and was first in team/.

max angle what you should do with Izumo is that angle what makes you able shoot with all turrets. Not more.

If you need in very rare situations turn and move in another direction, just stop shoot, hide, turn to relocate your position and continue those awesome Izumo salvos :D

Edited by Gandariel

[LEGIT]
Members
1,011 posts
7,853 battles
1 hour ago, Gandariel said:

just stop shoot, hide, turn to relocate your position

You should know that Izumo is a skyscraper since concealment build is totally useless on this ship. You cant go dark in that ship one your spotted. I mean you might go but thats only a 2~3% chance of that happening <----- Says a guys that ran concealment on Izumo. 

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
1 hour ago, Gandariel said:

2. BOW. BOW.BOW. only move with Izumo is forward or backward.

356mm barbette armor, very tall barbettes, going bow on = recipe for losing your turrets

[LEGIT]
Members
1,011 posts
7,853 battles
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

356mm barbette armor, very tall barbettes, going bow on = recipe for losing your turrets

Well you cant exactly show your Azz either... Thats the dilemma for the Izumo 

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
1 minute ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Well you cant exactly show your Azz either... Thats the dilemma for the Izumo 

It can't go bow on, it can't angle, it can't tank HE, it can't hide, it can't kite, it can't shoot down aircraft...

It's like there's a perfect encirclement around Izumo all the time.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,011 posts
7,853 battles
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

It can't go bow on, it can't angle, it can't tank HE, it can't hide, it can't kite, it can't shoot down aircraft...

It's like there's a perfect encirclement around Izumo all the time.

encirclement of death that is

Members
981 posts

Yamato is fantastic and........ getting better with legendary module for aiming.....Wows keeps Izmo bad so more players will pay to use free xp to get Yamato. 

All about the $$$$$$$

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,503 posts
5,601 battles

WG: "Comrade! We hear your pleas! The waters are dangerous and you need a decent tier 9 IJN BB to safely navigate the waters!

Here, take this Musashi with you! Much improved over Izumo in practically every way! Only for 750,000 free xp! Get her while she's hot!"

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
7 hours ago, behindurback said:

I think this is a perfect example of the player, not the ship. I liked the Izumo when I played her. I think the dislike comes from how different she is than the Amagi. In my experience, good players in the Izumo do really well with it. For me when I am playing against them, they seem a really tough ship to damage. Is it the worst tier 9 battleship, probably but someone has to be last.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am at the izumo now I don't really play it alot.

It is a MEH ship and the Grind to Yamoto will  be a Long and Arduous Trip. {But having Played the Yamato in PT it will be worth the Pain}

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,408 battles

I feel By Design Izumo is weak since it is right before an iconic ship. 

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
2,742 battles

I hope if they buff it they dont just slap on more deck armor since that would just be the boring solution, and would still get eaten alive by Mushis and Yams.

Izumo has so many weaknesses, they should polarize the ship with a great strength to make it interesting to play. 3 rof? 2.1 sigma? It takes things up the rear so often, I would love to see it dish out just as much.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Whats with all the shade going at the OP? I mean Izumo is the the wort BB in its tier. It is a drastic change in play style from the rest of the IJN line, its massive, eats HE damage all day. There are a lot of valid complaints about this ship and it really does need some buffs.

My suggestions for the Izumo are, Div up, stay with your team, dont over extend, dont be the only target. I feel like the Izumo can be a tough grind, but it really makes you appreciate the Yamato, and helps you get used to that play style.

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles
9 hours ago, Finnkax said:

I have stopped playing Amagi because I have heard a lot of bad thing about Izumo. Izumo is also more target than threat.

Why stop playing Amagi?

I'm probably not going to bother with Yamato, can't afford to free XP Izumo, and don't want to play it.

Amagi is extremely enjoyable though, and will make a great elite XP earner once the captain gets up a couple points.

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles
6 hours ago, Gandariel said:

I had awesome games with Izumo....

....BOW. BOW.BOW. only move with Izumo is forward or backward. I had games when going backward whole map whole game...

I have a feeling that my definition of an awesome game is different lol.

Sign in to follow this