You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

Kill assist ribbon and expanded results screen

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

I don't understand why we have ribbons for everything, but not for assisting in killing an enemy. I'm not asking for any extra XP, as you already get XP for percentage of damage done to a target, but it would be nice if, for example, you've done 51% of target's max HP in damage or more, you get a ribbon for it. Shouldn't be too hard. We have ribbons for capping assist already, how are kill assists any different?

And speaking of things that shouldn't be hard - battle results screen hasn't changed much in a long time. Could we possibly have it expanded so it also displays objectives captured (important metric for all DDs and British CLs) and kill assists?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
273 posts
9,450 battles

Some thoughts as to why not:

• Why 51%?  There's twelve players in a Random battle, why not 1/12 + 1 hit point?
  • What about heals?  Say you take 42k HP off a Conqueror (51% of his stock HP), but since it's all fire damage, he heals it all back, and then your team is facing a full-health battleship.  Should you get a ribbon for making him use a Repair Party?
  • What if he doesn't sink?  Suppose you catch a destroyer off-guard, take off 95% of his HP, but then he runs and hides for the rest of the battle.  Should you get a ribbon for making said destroyer... not sink?

As to the battle results screen...

...there's this tab labeled "Detailed Report"...

...with each ship you damaged in a row at the top...

...which are either in grey (sank) or white (didn't sink)...

...and...

...there's entries in the middle column...

...which lists how many capture and defense points you completed...

...compared to the total for your team...

...if the ribbons on the "Personal Score" screen weren't detailed enough.

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
26 minutes ago, DeMatt said:
  • Why 51%?  There's twelve players in a Random battle, why not 1/12 + 1 hit point?

To be reasonably considered an "assistant" you need to have done a significant amount of damage, not just fired one salvo from a BB. This is good when you have a kill stolen from you, for example. I really stopped caring long time ago about dirty kill stealers, but it's nice to have something.

What about heals?  Say you take 42k HP off a Conqueror (51% of his stock HP), but since it's all fire damage, he heals it all back, and then your team is facing a full-health battleship.  Should you get a ribbon for making him use a Repair Party?

Confederate/High Caliber award calculate the damage done vs the normal max HP excluding any heals. I see no reason to use different metrics which would require more changes to the code, instead it's a simple fix on top of what already works well.

What if he doesn't sink?  Suppose you catch a destroyer off-guard, take off 95% of his HP, but then he runs and hides for the rest of the battle.  Should you get a ribbon for making said destroyer... not sink?

Nope. You get rewarded with XP and credits for dealing 95% of damage to a ship, doesn't matter what kind of ship), but since she didn't sink - no reward.

...there's this tab labeled "Detailed Report"...

Seriously, man? I have over 3000 battles experience. I have noticed.

...with each ship you damaged in a row at the top...

But why not see it for the team? What bad is it to see what DDs assisted in capture or capped or who was assisting team mates with kills well.

30 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Unfortunately, I believe WG has already implemented that as the "Confederate" award.

Very different requirements and let's not confuse a regular ribbon with a Heroic award.

Edited by geser98