You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Dirty, Rotten Teamkiller!

21 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,788 battles

Yes, it's me -- a dirty, rotten teamkiller. I set up a torpedo run on an Iowa at short distance and killed it. Good job to me. Unfortunately, about a minute later, the one torp that missed, was still running and an allied DD came around an island and ran smack into it. Now I'm pink.

OK, so I'll go to Co-op, no big deal. There, I got into a brawl with a cruiser and managed to sink it with torpedoes, again at close range. Once again, an ally (a bot, I think) merrily sailed into my leftover torpedoes at long range.  The reflected damage killed me.

How many games did I stay pink under then new teamkilling penalties? Was it 5, 10, 15 games? No, it was 2, even though in the first pink game I torped another ally, it only damaged me, which apparantly doesn't count.

I need to be more careful where I send those long-range Gearing torps.   

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

Other day (probably beached about it here no doubt) I had one single Gearing torp a cruiser drove into, deliberately drove into, about 2/10ths of a km before it would not have been effective. He said something like "well you know those american cruisers turn pretty slow". 

Maybe they could make friendly torp indicators twice the size they are now? And put some special klaxon alarm saying "YOU ARE DRIVING INTO FRIENDLY TORPS WHICH YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED... THE PENALTY WILL BE AGAINST YOU!". 

Or maybe the damage done gets reduced by the range traveled versus the maximum torp range... so at 99% of maximum range, the damage is only 1%... 

Ah, sweet dreams, those... :cap_haloween:

There really exists, for me, only two choices... stop playing the Gearing for a while (i hate that) or keep playing it and risk going orange... so I parked it for a bit... maybe you'll want to do the same? 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,570 posts
12,258 battles

I usually burn the pink off with Dertzki or Umikaze...

I love to live dangerous with those torps...

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

TK needs to be REMOVED It works in scenarios.

Keep it in Clan Battles and Ranked these Modes revell in realism.

• Bad 1

Members
4,011 posts
14,850 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I set up a torpedo run on an Iowa at short distance and killed it. Good job to me. Unfortunately, about a minute later, the one torp that missed, was still running and an allied DD came around an island and ran smack into it

That was some pretty good shootin' pard! Too bad that the targets weren't Reds. :Smile_playing:

Members
5 posts
3,406 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes, it's me -- a dirty, rotten teamkiller. I set up a torpedo run on an Iowa at short distance and killed it. Good job to me. Unfortunately, about a minute later, the one torp that missed, was still running and an allied DD came around an island and ran smack into it. Now I'm pink.

For the act or torping an Iowa and doing team damage, you will receive a super container! It will contain the William D Porter and a 1 point captain :p

• Funny 1

[VW]
Members
2,059 posts
12,968 battles

Not that this ever happens to me... but if it did... i would burn it in by black swan in coop and be back in less time than it takes to play a tier 10 random match...

[NMKJT]
Members
2,888 posts

I like scenarios. It takes a little longer but they're fun and you can't lengthen your prison sentence.

Also, scenarios show how useless TK is as a mechanic

Members
23 posts

New team-killer penalty, have to wear "special" camo/skin until the penalty is over. New skin causes +120% damage to your self for stray shell/torpedo to friendly.

New team-killer camo/skin

potato%20ship_2.jpg:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
7,133 battles

Im pretty sure, having gone pink myself a few times, that coop purgatory is for orange, not pink.

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles

OK, so I'll go to Co-op, no big deal. There, I got into a brawl with a cruiser and managed to sink it with torpedoes, again at close range. Once again, an ally (a bot, I think) merrily sailed into my leftover torpedoes at long range.  The reflected damage killed me.

How many games did I stay pink under then new teamkilling penalties? Was it 5, 10, 15 games? No, it was 2, even though in the first pink game I torped another ally, it only damaged me, which apparantly doesn't count.

I need to be more careful where I send those long-range Gearing torps.   

I hit my own division mate  in much the same way. I switched from my Molotov with its short ranged torpedoes to my De Grasse with its 9km torps. A red ship came between my division mate & me. I was about 3 km away from my target when I launched the torpedoes. My friend was about 3 km on the other side of the red ship. A safe distance for Russian torpedoes but not for the French torps. He turned towards me to dodge a torpedo attack from the enemy CV and thought the warning was for the torps from the planes and did not attempt to avoid my torpedo. Not only was I pink but caught a lot of friendly grief for a few days.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
365 posts
3,831 battles

Iv'e jumped into a few Co-op matches lately and notices that 2/3 of the team is pink, and there rubbing paint more than a Nascar race.

[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,024 battles

Errant torps happen. So long as I can tell it was an accident I shrug it off. If it happens cause the guy was a flagrant dumbazz (launching into a brawl/from behind friendlies) I take it allot less well & will say what I think albeit in a civil tone. I also wont use the repair party to prevent sinking. The way I see it let the guy wear pink for awhile, maybe he will do better next time. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,341 posts
10,981 battles

First Kudos to the OP for owning it.  A lot of people are like why did you drive into it.  You launch you own em.  But I think the pink part doesn't go far enough, not only should your name be in bring Pink Letters, But Your Camo should also Turn Pink for the Duration of the trip to the Sin Bin..  :Smile_facepalm:

Members
3,709 posts
6,418 battles
8 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

TK needs to be REMOVED It works in scenarios.

Keep it in Clan Battles and Ranked these Modes revell in realism.

About a week ago I saw 3 guys in a scenario launching torps and firing salvos at each other while the reds were in range.... Not the first time, not the last time I will see that.  Yea - don't remove FF damage in random like they do in Ops.