Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatOddMan

Azure Lane: IJN Captain?

16 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
327 battles

Where? Why can't I find it on the premium shop?

I am playing mostly IJN ships, and USS Texas, right now, 'cause... reasons.

Where is my 10-point IJN Captain from Azure Lane?

Did it had some issues because of the HSF reason the Azure Lane IJN is not available?

Thanks.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,109 posts
7,756 battles

There is no IJN captain yet from the Azur Lane collaboration.  But, there is still a chance they may add some more characters later and one could be IJN.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,815 posts
4,814 battles

WG will probably add more captains in later to correct the IJN's glaring and rather ironic omission.

Members
2,609 posts
2,694 battles

I don't think Azur Lane has a commonwealth faction. I guess if they really wanted to throw us a bone though, they could just rename Leander to Perth and throw us her. Heh

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,200 posts
3,940 battles
56 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

WG will probably add more captains in later to correct the IJN's glaring and rather ironic omission.

why is it ironic? Azure Lane is of Chinese origin, not Japanese.

Members
4,918 posts
5,708 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

The recorded voice lines are by the Japanese VAs, not the Chinese ones. So one would assume that WG has contracted with the Japanese branch of Azur Lane, which makes the omission of any Japanese shipgirls a little odd. (unless of course there's going to be another batch of characters from AL coming to WoWs)

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
3 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

While Azur Lane is originally a Chinese game, I believe Wargaming's collab with them is through the Japanese version, which is why the current AL commanders in Warships use the Japanese voiceovers instead of Chinese.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The recorded voice lines are by the Japanese VAs, not the Chinese ones. So one would assume that WG has contracted with the Japanese branch of Azur Lane, which makes the omission of any Japanese shipgirls a little odd. (unless of course there's going to be another batch of characters from AL coming to WoWs)

I believe in the announcement article for it, they did say that the collab will include more girls from AL coming to Warships later on.

[KNTI2]
Members
797 posts
4,609 battles

The HSF contract is still open, so that means that there are up to five IJN tie-in captains already waiting to be re-released. It's possible that they don't want to saturate the store with collab captains.

I am sure that this contract with AL will also last a year, so don't worry. There'll be plenty of AL captains to choose from, especially since there should be a second wave of several to come.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,815 posts
4,814 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Well like the others said, WG contracted the AL collab with the Japanese branch, the VAs are Japanese, and the captain art is the anime style normally associated with Japan. Simple enough to see how the current non appearance of any Japanese AL captain is ironic.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,705 posts
3,725 battles
14 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Well like the others said, WG contracted the AL collab with the Japanese branch, the VAs are Japanese, and the captain art is the anime style normally associated with Japan. Simple enough to see how the current non appearance of any Japanese AL captain is ironic.

I agree, but I think it's because we already had plenty of IJN captains from other collabs, so maybe WG is trying to balance it out a bit?

[O_O]
Alpha Tester
291 posts
3,191 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Aside from the chinese shipgirls, all the girls are voiced by japanese VAs in the chinese version.

Anyway, the collab is indeed with the japanese version, I remember seeing the Yostar logo somewhere.

Members
409 posts
1,503 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

I don't think Azur Lane has a commonwealth faction. I guess if they really wanted to throw us a bone though, they could just rename Leander to Perth and throw us her. Heh

Azure lane does have Vampire but I would be very surprised if they used her.

Edited by Kochira
typo...

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
27 minutes ago, Kochira said:

Azure lane does have Vampire but I would be very surprised if they used her.

In Azur Lane, Vampire is part of the British Royal Navy since the Commonwealth isn't separate from it.

Sign in to follow this