Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxX_BlindSide_XxX

Shimakaze Crashing since Alpha

5 comments in this topic

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
347 posts
8,277 battles

This bug has been around since beta testing and is frustrating to the extreme since the nature of it pretty much necessitates a heated exchange in game when stability is needed most.

When switching from torpedoes to guns or guns to torpedoes there is a chance, although low, that you will crash to desktop with no error message.  Since this invariably happens in a gunfight the fact it takes opening task manager doesnt matter since you are dead long before you get back in.

The most frustrating thing about this bug is it has been reported for years.  Since Alpha and still nothing has been done.

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
347 posts
8,277 battles
41 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I've  been playing since Alpha and love the Shima. I have not encountered this bug yet. 

It happens about once every 50-100 battles.  I also know it isn't just me it happens to since I have spoken to others that have it happen to them as well.  No offense but you only have 87 battles in the Shima since CBT and as I said its rare but not so rare it isn't infuriating when it happens so I am sure you will encounter it :(

Alpha Tester
1,208 posts
4,954 battles
59 minutes ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

It happens about once every 50-100 battles.  I also know it isn't just me it happens to since I have spoken to others that have it happen to them as well.  No offense but you only have 87 battles in the Shima since CBT and as I said its rare but not so rare it isn't infuriating when it happens so I am sure you will encounter it :(

Not doubting you I just wasn't aware of it. I'll keep an eye out though. The game definitely seems to have some weird bugs that causes crashes. I myself have an issue where if i hit the tab key in the first thirty seconds or so of the match the overlay might stay on the screen and i have to restart the game to clear it. It happens maybe once out of every four times.

Have you put in a ticket? The development team seems to work through those faster than the complaints on the forum. Especially with all of the radar complaints these days.

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles
2 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Not doubting you I just wasn't aware of it. I'll keep an eye out though. The game definitely seems to have some weird bugs that causes crashes. I myself have an issue where if i hit the tab key in the first thirty seconds or so of the match the overlay might stay on the screen and i have to restart the game to clear it. It happens maybe once out of every four times.

Have you put in a ticket? The development team seems to work through those faster than the complaints on the forum. Especially with all of the radar complaints these days.

They are going to ask him for a full replay.

Now, looking at the Yug and the Shimi side by side and the "problem areas" (ie: the main batteries and the torps), they are really close to the same.

Both have the literal exact same 127 mm/50 Type 3 main batteries a similar first option for two sets of Torps, that being the Type F3 and the Type 93 mod. 3

Where they differ is in the 3rd option:

Yug having this: Type 93 mod. 2 (middle ground upgrade in the series)

Shimi having the final upgrade: Type 93 (range of 20km)

**side note**

The only other DD in the game with a similar range to the Shimi is the Asashio and it has Type 93 mod. 2dw for its Torps.  So honestly, I don't know what would cause a crash on the server side, especially when Type 93's and the 127 mm/50's are scattered throughout the Country lines and even Tiers. Heck, the Asashio has the same main batteries as the Shimi.

So to the OP, if you say it's been around since Beta (didn't say whether it was closed or open - I've been around since Open and this is the first I've heard about it and no, I don't need a Shimi to understand the mechanics of the game),

you will most absolutely need the following in order to report the "bug":

• Full Replay - Be sure to time stamp the event as it helps the devs in the process. Try to be as thorough as possible in the description (what were you doing at the time of the crash, what ships were around etc.) and if you can, what does it take to reproduce the bug.
  • Give them your full system specs, including your ISP and UL/DL speeds
  • Give them a DxDiag if you know how to do that
  • Screenshots of the event, yes it's redundant, but a good thing to have if possible
  • Error logs, you say that you always get an error that pops up, you need to send that in with everything above. This will help expedite the bug fix.

That's just off the top of my head as I've dealt with bugs in this game as well and have worked with the CS Department over a few weeks trying to help solve an issue. The issue I had though, was a memory leak despite me having my system (the one linked in my signature) and it only affected a very minute population as they were trying to expand the game to older systems. In doing so, it caused some minor problems with a few mid to upper tiered computers. My middle of the road computer, was one of them.

None the less, they will need at least all the bullet points with the only exception being the screenshot. If you don't provide those, they simply can't help you. They need information in order to fix the problem, not just "it's been around since BETA and everyone knows it". Because even in your original post OP, you started with, "it's been around since Beta"  and ended with "it's been around since Alpha".

I wish you luck in gathering the info for a bug report and I hope that it gets resolved for you.

Sign in to follow this