You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

If karma means so little...

29 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Why am I so proud to finally get to 40?

I guess it might be because I'm trying to turn my in game persona around to be less negative. I type out angry messages sometimes but I delete them instead of hitting enter... honestly I think it has really helped my overall enjoyment of the game. 

As soon as I realized that nothing I could ever say would make a person I was irritated with smash their own monitor across their face, I decided to keep it to myself. 

Sometimes a comment slips past the filter but I'm really trying to knock that crapoff.

Next stop- 50 I hope!

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles

Censor your chat, and of course don't play CV's and it will continue to grow

Edited by Camo68
  • Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
8 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

I guess it might be because I'm trying to turn my in game persona around to be less negative. I type out angry messages sometimes but I delete them instead of hitting enter... honestly I think it has really helped my overall enjoyment of the game. 

As soon as I realized that nothing I could ever say would make a person I was irritated with smash their own monitor across their face, I decided to keep it to myself. 

Sometimes a comment slips past the filter but I'm really trying to knock that crapoff.

Next stop- 50 I hope!

This is what I do as well. Restraint,self censorship, goes farther than typing your a**

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
836 posts
7,095 battles

Since I decided to stay off chat altogether, my Karma has steadily improved.  You just don't know what will trigger some people so I don't say anything.  Even if I want to give a teammate an attaboy for good play, I will send a pm after the match congratulating him rather than say anything in-game.    

[STW-M]
Members
2,346 posts
6,242 battles

Honestly, I just type what I would say if they were face to face.

This is an online game, after all, and I follow the general online etiquette to never say anything that I wouldn't say face to face.

Being a good sport and a decently competent player is generally enough to get a pretty high karma (I have 338 right now). Yes, I've eaten a few reports from salty people, but it's pretty much drowned out by the compliments I get.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Honestly, I just type what I would say if they were face to face.

This is an online game, after all, and I follow the general online etiquette to never say anything that I wouldn't say face to face.

Being a good sport and a decently competent player is generally enough to get a pretty high karma (I have 338 right now). Yes, I've eaten a few reports from salty people, but it's pretty much drowned out by the compliments I get.

That whole face to face thing works both ways. You could call a guy out for being an idiot to his face and he'd say "ya I done fuxed up." Online he will defend his actions to the bitter end... 

It's like- dude... just admit you tried something and it didn't work. It's fine- move along. 

Ugh. 

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

I really like my Karma at 0, because then I don't have to care about it and no matter what it won't go lower :cap_haloween:

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,796 battles

I never curse or trash talk in chat. I try to be helpful. I always make it a point to return a greeting or complement someone with a "gj" when they get an award or do something helpful. And after close to 7000 games... my Karma is 1.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
836 posts
7,095 battles
47 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

@PrairiePlayer a little off topic but where in the prairies are you? 

Minnesota, same as the location listed under my avatar.  Western Minnesota is definitely prairie country.   

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
40 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Minnesota, same as the location listed under my avatar.  Western Minnesota is definitely prairie country.   

Oh I was on my phone and didn't see the details! Sorry- thought you were up here in "our" prairies. I'm in Alberta. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Next stop- 50 I hope!

I am doing the same thing, my Karma was up to 8 than I had a 260k damage Kracken game in my Kurfurst and I am back down to 6 lol

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,836 posts
8,803 battles

If you want to "farm" karma, play BB and CA. Right now with the current DD meta, you're reported the moment you left a cap to avoid being radar and shot at by 5 cruiser. I lost 5 karma just because I played my Shima in a safe way.

But honestly, you should just play and pay no attention to your karma. It will eventually increase and sometime it will decrease for no reason, that's just how flawed the system is. 

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,346 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

And after close to 7000 games... my Karma is 1

Ouch, that sucks.

Have an upvote for your suffering.

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

My Pops lives in Eden Prairie. Obviously the Eden of Prairies. I'm going back to Hawaii after Granny moves on. My Karma is only 58.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[56TH]
Members
266 posts

I dont care anymore. If your on a team full of kids (which you probably are this summer) and they all go out and suck it up trying to be Rambo then of course when they team falls apart and they lose its everyones fault but their own and they start reporting everyone for bad play.

It's a system with good intentions but a complete joke in practical use.

[ALPHA]
[ALPHA]
Members
409 posts
8,707 battles
43 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I lost 5 karma just because I played my Shima in a safe way.

Generaly, we are reported in Shima because saltiness of devastated BB.

The better way to win karma is have good personal popularity on WOWs community. For same score , you can get more Karma point  if you are called Lert  than called kevin_random1721.

Karma system is good to contain a madness  of tomatoes sink on the battle.

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,052 battles

The wife & I took a motorcycle trip  western Minnesota-eastern South Dakota. We cruised 2 lane black for a nice easy trip taking in the country side.

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

People are just too salty. Last night I was in Okhotnik and out team was facing a division of Kaga, Atlanta and Belfast, who obviously steam rolled over our ranks. People on out team were screaming in chat to report this division and when I asked: "What exactly do you want to report them for? They are just playing to win" , I got reported instead :cap_cool:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,213 battles
18 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Censor your chat, and of course don't play CV's and it will continue to grow

Played a game last night where our CV total crapped (bottom of score) and enemy CV topped out on their team.  But we still won.  I rarely give karma to an enemy player, but that enemy CV captain got a plus from me.

And no...I didn't gig our CV captain.  I seldom gig my own team, and only then when they do something really bad.  I didn't note anything bad about our CV captain's play...probably got out played by the enemy CV captain.  And...in a sense...kept him occupied at least some of the time.  Not to mention sometimes a player can do well in the win but score bad on the points.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,710 posts
10,077 battles
18 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Next stop- 50 I hope!

Nice! Great work. You should end up having more fun as well. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

I have 149 karma, I play CVs, people like how I play my CV, I get karma, I give and tell people I give karma, I get karma.

[ADR]
Members
4,317 posts
13,554 battles
18 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

because meaningless arbitrary numbers make you happy?  most social media sites and advertisers realized this long ago and still use it to give you that happy feel good about yourself moment.  In a world of  I have to be liked by others mentality.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,956 battles

If a spud like me can get to 367 karma, it's proof that it's much less about skill, and more about just not going off in chat when things don't go your way.