You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_BBaby

Kaga?

17 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,617 posts
3,453 battles

I was looking at maybe getting a CV just to blow off some steam when I get tired of my battleships (Im a BB main). I was looking around, and the kaga looks kind of appealing. (2nd to the Graf which is all jacked up and not coming back as she was iirc). Is the Kaga one of those ships that comes back every several months? Or is it in the we-dont-talk-about-that category? How about the OP Sapian? Or Enterprise?  Also if I was to grind out one from the tech tree, which ships are the gems of the line?  It would be nice to stay to a lower tier where there is less heavy aa. I was looking at the tier 6 Japanese so I could use it in scenarios... I prefer Japanese Carriers, but the Americans are more friendly/forgiving.

Before you all lecture me, I do kinda know how to play CVs, and I will be doing this 90% in co-op. I probably wont even buy a cv... Just wondering if they come around every once in a blue moon:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,584 posts
8,296 battles

Are they even selling CV's anymore? I think they redid the recent EULA to make clear certain facts, because the premium CV's will be changing due to the carrier rework. That way a bunch of dorks can't file a class action lawsuit

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,250 posts
16,589 battles
19 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Are they even selling CV's anymore? I think they redid the recent EULA to make clear certain facts, because the premium CV's will be changing due to the carrier rework. That way a bunch of dorks can't file a class action lawsuit

Not entirely sure that would hold up, as the old EULA was in effect when the ships were originally purchased. Legal matters are like wizards ... subtle and complicated in their ways and resentful of being disturbed.

[AFW-]
[AFW-]
Members
273 posts
11,761 battles

kaga is great in co op. you can get 100k damage in most games as long as you focus on killing the enemy CV planes early

[STW-M]
Members
3,290 posts
7,725 battles

It ultimately depends on what you want out of a CV.

Do you want to utterly laugh at other carriers and their fighters, be top tier most of the time, but have mediocre strike capability? Get a Saipan.

Do you want to utterly demolish any surface ship you attack and be top tier most of the time, but cringe at the sight of enemy fighters and tier 9 AA? Get a Kaga.

Do you want to have ridiculous fighter reserves and the ability to one-shot certain ships in return for a wonky torpedo drop, tier 8 MM and your dive bombers being useless against some other classes? Get an Enterprise.

Do you want a good mix of strike and air capabilities (to the point of being a bit boring/no-skill) or want to burn off stress? Get a Graf Zeppelin.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,040 posts
4,741 battles
14 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

It ultimately depends on what you want out of a CV.

Do you want to utterly laugh at other carriers and their fighters, be top tier most of the time, but have mediocre strike capability? Get a Saipan.

Do you want to utterly demolish any surface ship you attack and be top tier most of the time, but cringe at the sight of enemy fighters and tier 9 AA? Get a Kaga.

Do you want to have ridiculous fighter reserves and the ability to one-shot certain ships in return for a wonky torpedo drop, tier 8 MM and your dive bombers being useless against some other classes? Get an Enterprise.

Do you want a good mix of strike and air capabilities (to the point of being a bit boring/no-skill) or want to burn off stress? Get a Graf Zeppelin.

How about...

Spoiler

2c963h.jpg.0e9d4322171842f09969b19b8d8b2fb8.jpg

That's muh plan, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STW-M]
Members
3,290 posts
7,725 battles
21 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

How about...

Reveal hidden contents

Unfortunately, some of us don't have the means to afford it

jZpW6y2.jpg

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,372 posts
6,602 battles
24 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

How about...

Hide contents

LOL! Mine too! :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF8]
Members
5,040 posts
4,741 battles
4 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Unfortunately, some of us don't have the means to afford it

jZpW6y2.jpg

Aww... now I feel sad. I'm sorry. :Smile_sad:

She deserves better than a canned sardine. Something moar liek dis:

Spoiler

gourmetfood.jpg.8d23767592e675640dcda4b579aa3eb2.jpg

[STW-M]
Members
3,290 posts
7,725 battles
14 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Aww... now I feel sad. I'm sorry. :Smile_sad:

She deserves better than a canned sardine. Something moar liek dis:

Reveal hidden contents

gourmetfood.jpg.8d23767592e675640dcda4b579aa3eb2.jpg

Make sure to feed all the upcoming Japanese tier 8+ gunboat destroyers. They always starve (historically and in Kancolle):Smile_sad:

CCbvunu.png

[WOLF8]
Members
5,040 posts
4,741 battles
46 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Make sure to feed all the upcoming Japanese tier 8+ gunboat destroyers. They always starve (historically and in Kancolle):Smile_sad:

CCbvunu.png

LOL, I know. I laughed so hard when I saw that Kancolle episode where Akagi and Yamato just gorged on food.

Eh... here's some buffet. And please stop feeding that little loli bote a canned sardine. Poor thing.

Spoiler

a99b2cbc89e0077c7a3bbc6329697065.thumb.png.9715d535b79b2165ce9bca5d457ea0d7.png

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg.fff519249dc5ed73289e8438a275eb92.jpg

buffet.thumb.jpeg.f2ef5a7aa0a9c8a7f8edbad06dcbd73a.jpeg

[ASHIP]
Members
67 posts
6,701 battles

You probably wont see premium CVs for sale till they do their cv rework,  which is starting to sound like wont be till late this year or into next year now.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
10,364 battles
22 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I was looking at maybe getting a CV just to blow off some steam when I get tired of my battleships (Im a BB main). I was looking around, and the kaga looks kind of appealing. (2nd to the Graf which is all jacked up and not coming back as she was iirc). Is the Kaga one of those ships that comes back every several months? Or is it in the we-dont-talk-about-that category? How about the OP Sapian? Or Enterprise?  Also if I was to grind out one from the tech tree, which ships are the gems of the line?  It would be nice to stay to a lower tier where there is less heavy aa. I was looking at the tier 6 Japanese so I could use it in scenarios... I prefer Japanese Carriers, but the Americans are more friendly/forgiving.

Before you all lecture me, I do kinda know how to play CVs, and I will be doing this 90% in co-op. I probably wont even buy a cv... Just wondering if they come around every once in a blue moon:Smile-_tongue:

With less then 2k battles *sorry* in randoms. Unless you hid your stats then you will struggle in saipan. It doesnt have good damage count and if you dont know how to strafe its gonna be hard. Kaga is a little more forgiving

Members
2,201 posts
3,953 battles
13 hours ago, JamesZ28 said:

You probably wont see premium CVs for sale till they do their cv rework,  which is starting to sound like wont be till late this year or into next year now.

I hate to ask but what makes you say that?  Last time I checked we could possibly have the rework on test servers as early as the next clan battle.  If you've heard something else then,  as much as I dread it,  I'd like to hear.

[ASHIP]
Members
67 posts
6,701 battles

I cant remember where I saw it but Octavian or somebody else said the 1st try at it didnt work out and they backed up and started over and they were trying for a summer release for internal testing, after the GZ blow up and everything else im sure they will take their time and be cautious now.  

[LHG]
Members
1,604 posts
6,452 battles

Recent Q&A had WG confirm that premium carrier sales are frozen until the rework. She may be completely different when she finally comes back to the shop, so keep that in mind for the future.