You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

How To Manage Premium Consumable Use?

18 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,322 posts
6,235 battles

Currently, I find myself starting to run low on premium consumables, in no small part because I am grinding A LOT of lines and I run premium consumables on all ships tier 5 and up (except for spotter plane/catapult fighter).

Does anyone have any tips on how not to run out of these things? I would really prefer not to go bankrupt from the resupply costs.

[-WPG-]
Members
962 posts
3,838 battles

I save my consumables for times when I "need" to win.  Also have a stock of most consumables , which I'm saving for T9/T10 battles where it can get expensive to run them using silver.  

I'll run all premium if there's a bonus XP mission where I put on expensive camo and flags to boost if further, or some other mission where there's a significant reward. Ranked battles. I do usually use premium damage control because I have like 150; I always choose consumables for the daily crates.  

Members
40 posts
525 battles

Well, do you use premium consumables for the decreased cooldown or the extra charge?

If you use it for the decreased cooldown, there are commander skills and flags you can mount to mitigate the amount of time it takes to cool down.

If you have superintendent you get a extra charge and usually i don't find myself using my 4th charge if i am running superintendent and the premium consumable anyways.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

For regular Play "FUN" do not use Premium Consumables

For Competitive Play {Ranked,Clan Battles}  Use them.

For Grinding Ships? {Not much help}

For Co-Op Never use them.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

1) Be sparing in your use of premium consumables.  I was amazed at the number of Co-op battle reports in response to LWM's request that feature all PCs *in Co-op* at the cost of nearly 100,000 Cr per ship.  No wonder they can't make money without dropping down 3 tiers or buying Missouri.

2) Spam Consumables daily containers.  I have built up over a hundred of common types (some are very rare). 

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
965 posts
10,639 battles

Prioritize what you equip premium consumables on, based on what you can afford

1. Torpedo Reload Booster
  2. DCP
  3. Repair party
  4. smoke
  5. radar
  6. engine boost
  7. Hydro
  8. DFAA
  9. Catapult Planes

I'd be surprised though if you can't make enough income to sustain playing with only premium DCP and RP/Smoke if you are farming tier 5-7 even without a premium account. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

For regular Play "FUN" do not use Premium Consumables

For Competitive Play {Ranked,Clan Battles}  Use them.

For Grinding Ships? {Not much help}

For Co-Op Never use them.

Great post, best advice given so far. I only use them for Ranked play (when I play), never for anything else. Over the past couple of years I have built up huge reserves of these consumables using this template, easily in the thousands. 

[RUST]
Beta Testers
965 posts
10,639 battles
22 minutes ago, Yunomicro said:

Well, do you use premium consumables for the decreased cooldown or the extra charge?

If you use it for the decreased cooldown, there are commander skills and flags you can mount to mitigate the amount of time it takes to cool down.

If you have superintendent you get a extra charge and usually i don't find myself using my 4th charge if i am running superintendent and the premium consumable anyways.

Premium consumables buys you minimum 30+ seconds cool down reduction while captain skill and flags gets you ~6-10 seconds, this is the primary argument for using premium consumables if you can afford it. It doesn't sound a lot but those 20+ seconds makes a world of difference if you are playing competitively. Using premium consumable also frees up points to spec your captain to something more useful with respect to cooldown reduction. 

• Cool 2

Members
40 posts
525 battles

I haven't played matches apart from co-op yet so i don't really find the need to use premium a whole lot but ill definitely keep that in mind when i do start playing PvP.

[LHG]
Members
1,215 posts
5,096 battles

I usually don't take premium hydro unless I'm in a near-guaranteed moneymaker and will be working to use it. Same goes for premium DF and catapult aircraft.

I don't take premium damecon on ships that I don't plan on being shot in a lot, like long-range cruisers and IJN DDs.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
5,001 posts
9,301 battles
3 hours ago, DeMatt said:

...learn to play without the premium versions?

There's no learning to play, it's just handicapping yourself. 

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles
2 hours ago, NCC81701 said:

Using premium consumable also frees up points to spec your captain to something more useful with respect to cooldown reduction. 

Yes.  You get an extra charge for each consumable, so you may not need to use the captain skill thing.  Premium time makes all these things easy.

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

I always use premium consumables on my ships. Once I realised that you could buy them for silver, it was one of the first step-changes in my newbie play. Premium repairs and heals have saved my life countless times, or extended it sufficiently to kill more enemies, making it ess brisk to do hard carries. Premium smokes on DDs and UKCLs have also saved me. 

I tend not to use premium hydro, def AA or other consumables though, unless it’s ranked where you need every minor advantage to carry. 

I use them and don’t look back. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,819 posts
8,756 battles

I almost never use premium consummable and I often chose consummable container.  I stock them and only use them in CB or ranked. For random I just play more cautiously. Some consummable really helps you like Damage controle or Healing, other like Hydro, speed boost or Def AA are often less important. 

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles

Premium Time and Premium camo's and I equip them all every time. Credits are always my enemy, but it's my own doing.