You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

Operation Hermes, Tactics and Replays

6 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles

Post your questions, discussions, tactics and replays about Operation Hermes here with your French Battleships.

[-BRS-]
Members
657 posts
12,413 battles

Is that just a full replay video? I made 4 quick short tactics videos for Hermes. Would you like me to post them here?

[CVA16]
Members
2,441 posts
10,105 battles

May just be a video sync problem at my end but it sure seems for a lot of your shots you are not even close to being locked on with the main guns when you fire and get hits. When  you zoom back out, the turrets are still not pointing in the right direction to make the shot you just made.

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 3:51 PM, Lightninger said:

Is that just a full replay video? I made 4 quick short tactics videos for Hermes. Would you like me to post them here?

Yes

On 6/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, Sabot_100 said:

May just be a video sync problem at my end but it sure seems for a lot of your shots you are not even close to being locked on with the main guns when you fire and get hits. When  you zoom back out, the turrets are still not pointing in the right direction to make the shot you just made.

It's a quirk of my replays.  The replay turrets always track where the camera is pointed, where as in the original battle I often hold the RMB to look around or use control X to freeze the turrets.  I don't know why this happens.

[CVA16]
Members
2,441 posts
10,105 battles
23 minutes ago, Sventex said:

It's a quirk of my replays.  The replay turrets always track where the camera is pointed, where as in the original battle I often hold the RMB to look around or use control X to freeze the turrets.  I don't know why this happens.

Weird.

[-BRS-]
Members
657 posts
12,413 battles

Here are the four strategies and tactics videos I made for Hermes.

You can also use the Richelieu to shoot down the beginning fighters as well as it has pretty good anti-air and one person actually did it one game I was in.

The only ship I have that I can use in Hermes so far is the Algerie, hence why all three of the videos are with Algerie. You can easily do this as well with a battleship and one time a division mate did it with his battleship which was even better at slowing down Ruan obviously.

With the operation's emphasis on keeping battleships alive, obviously you wouldn't do this in a battleship but charging with a cruiser or multiple before the group at the exit is often very effective.

This video was possible courtesy of Taichunger, and you can go hunt the CV using Lyon or Richelieu. I think he prefers the Lyon due to it having 16 guns to use.