You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

How are so many players playing T10 ships in the public test server

14 comments in this topic

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles

I played a few games earlier today, shortly after the public server became available.  My T9 ships and previous XP on my T9 ships was gone.  The XP on my T8s still remained, so I was able to go into the T9 right away.  However, I was playing in a T10 game.  I need 500000 XP to get a T10 ship.  That is about 100 games if I have enough flags and camo, which I don't on  the public server.  How are players playing these ships.  What am I missing (what do I need to do) to get these ships?  I am certainly not going to play 100 or more games on the Public test server, but would like to play a few to get the T10 flag rewards.

[WAG]
Members
1,418 posts
8,054 battles

Sometimes they do not wipe the PTS between minor updates... so it is possible that there are weeks of playtime in by some of the players.. 

They also give out a ton of xp/silver etc so sometimes you can auto grind up to T10.

[OO7]
Members
3,309 posts
9,766 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

I played a few games earlier today, shortly after the public server became available.  My T9 ships and previous XP on my T9 ships was gone.  The XP on my T8s still remained, so I was able to go into the T9 right away.  However, I was playing in a T10 game.  I need 500000 XP to get a T10 ship.  That is about 100 games if I have enough flags and camo, which I don't on  the public server.  How are players playing these ships.  What am I missing (what do I need to do) to get these ships?  I am certainly not going to play 100 or more games on the Public test server, but would like to play a few to get the T10 flag rewards.

I think people are buying them from the arsenal? Not sure which iteration of pts this is.. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

30,000 doubloon 500,000,000 coins 4000 max exp needed to research the next tier ship ... I think this is your answer.

[WORX]
Members
2,017 posts
13,515 battles

Reading is so OP. The reason why its so high was to test the Arsenal. Every game you play you earn silver and coal to get the tier X ships.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles

I thought I had read everything, but somehow missed the arsenal.  Thanks for the update.  Reading isn't OP.  It isn't always easy to understand what WOWS puts down in text.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

30,000 doubloon 500,000,000 coins 4000 max exp needed to research the next tier ship ... I think this is your answer.

This and they are testing the Arsenal which sells ships and other things for the coal and steel you earn by playing similar to the oil you earn for your clan.

Members
1,701 posts
5,144 battles
35 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Ok, first thing. 

You're not going to be able to get to a T10 ship in the Public Test by earning experience like you might do ordinarily.  You might notice that the research cost for T9 ships have been reduced so you can easily acquire them, however the costs for T10 ships have not. 

WG instead wants you to use the new Arsenal feature to purchase a T10 ship using either coal or steel earned during the game.  If you use these you will pretty easily be able to purchase your T10 ship.  Probably won't take more than 4 or 5 games to get you there. 

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
37 minutes ago, Murcc said:

In port look at your top left of the screen and you will see the Arsenal. Go there to buy tier X ships with coal or steel.

[TOG]
Members
2,819 posts
15,797 battles
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

In port look at your top left of the screen and you will see the Arsenal. Go there to buy tier X ships with coal or steel.

I want to see if you can get the Salem and Stalingrad that way.

[WOLF7]
Members
177 posts
3,553 battles

Is anyone testing the Grozovoi Full AA specced on PTS? I have one and I'm curious as It is performing with the New CV meta. I'm not able to play PTS at the moment.

Edited by demeflac
Mispelling

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
33 minutes ago, carldoorman said:

anyway its broken af your credits do not load in the arsenal so gl getting your tX

Responding to a thread from 6 months ago....:Smile_teethhappy:

Not even close to the record though..