Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hushpup

Support ? - the most frustrating experience yet -

15 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Members
12 posts
13,454 battles

This is a conversation I recently had with support .

I (accidently ?- not sure it wasn't some kind of programming error ) took my Tirpitz Captain and put him in another ship and started retraining (200,000 credits) before I realized the error and put him back in the Tirpitz . To my dismay I found that I now had to retrain him for the Tirpitz . 

I didn't think I would have to retrain him for a premium ship like the Tirpitz , so I complained about it . See Below .

I Still don't know if there is a change and you have to retrain Captains if you take them out of your premium ship ( you used to be able to do this at will without penalty - right ? ) and put them back .

I certainly wasn't expecting the response I got .

Maybe if I had phrased it better at the start I would know by now what is really going on with premium ship captains .

Was it always like this ? Was I misinformed about transferring in and out of Premium Ships ?

Is there a process for it that avoids the penalty .

I'm afraid to ask support and feel I am being threatened now - see below .

* the conversation below is in reverse order and starts at the bottom 

Unbelievable ! 
I most certainly did put him back in the Tirpitz and I most certainly Did have to retrain him .

AND I Demand to communicate with someone from upper level management about 
this unbelievable abuse !

Patrick Maddox

Created 4 hours ago

Dear hushpup,

First of all, we ask you to calm down and stay still.

Secondly, you didn't retrain this commander back to the Tirpitz. You just put it to this ship and that's all. 

This does not affect the re-training operation, which you made earlier. It is still not completed since the commander did not gain enough experience.
Please note that when retraining for credits, the commander loses some experience. Therefore, the operation is considered as completed only when the commander accumulates the missing part of the experience.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards,

hushpup

You cant really be this dense - no one could .

IM not complaining about the NUREMBURG .

I PUT HIM BACK IN THE TIRPITZ AND HAD TO RETRAIN HIM FOR THE TIRPITZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the TIRPITZ

TIRPITZ

TIRPITZ

TIRPITZ

TIRPITZ

Henry Dabney

Hello, hushpup.

Please note, that due to credit training or the Commander from Bismarck (Germany) to Nürnberg (Germany), he has 50 000 instead of 100 000. Any ship, (premiums included) would show this exp line, And the Commander would not perform fully until they are 100% trained for the new ship (premiums included).

Only after the Commander finishes their training, will the Commander be able to fight to the full on Nürnberg (Germany) and premiums.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care Support and we wish you good luck in the fields of virtual battles.

hushpup

my issue is not with training for Nuremburg !

#$%&*()_+

Why do you SO OFTEN insult your customers with irrelevant answers this way . 
Don't you get enough grief from them without it .

The problem is I had to retrain him for a PREMIUM SHIP WHEN I SENT HIM BACK TO THE TIRPITZ ! 
I did not SAY ONE WORD ABOUT TRAINING FOR THE NURNBERG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you dodging? 
Do you have trouble with English ? 
Do you have difficulty with reading ? 
If that is the case I sympathise and I will cut you some slack . 
On the other hand WoWs is making millions of dollars off of people like me and ought to be able to afford some training for you . 
So PLEASE ASK for whatever training you need and learn to read English ?

AM I wrong in the idea that training is supposed to be free on Premium Ships ?

Created 3 days ago

Hello hushpup, 

Thank you for contacting the support team.

I would like to inform you that according to the logs of account actions, you retrained this commander to the Nürnberg (Germany) with the credits. 
Therefore, there is no any mistake. 

Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a great day and Happy Sailing!
Yours sincerely,

hushpup

ok

( I sent a screen shot here of my Tirpitz in port and the Captain in rettraining ) SMH

Patrick Maddox )

Created 4 days ago

Hello hushpup,

Thank you for contacting customer service. 

Can you please send us a screenshot which will reflect the problem that you described?
We look forward to your reply.

hushpup

Created 4 days ago

so apparently I accidently took my Captain out of my new Tirpitz and when I saw it and put him back I find I have to retrain him - 50,000 xp . 
This is a royal pain . 
I'm guessing by all my previous experience with WoWs that you could not care less . 
Still , it would be nice if you did . 
Would be even better if you would fix the problem . 
At the least , this is me griping about the situation . 
Griping over .

ok I guess I could use a couple of lessons in tact - but really .

Edited by hushpup
invisible ink ?

[SOFOP]
Members
1,066 posts
7,928 battles

So basically in summary...you were a jerk about it from the very beginning and are somehow surprised that this did not get them to bend over backwards to help you.

Interesting. 

What you probably did was attempted to train a captain to the tirpitz directly.  I did this somehow once but not sure how.  When the captain is specialized to a premium ship, it will cost you to move it.  It needs to be specialized to another ship and then can go to premiums freely.

Based on your childish interactions, I'm amazed at the level of professionalism they maintained.  I would have probably just closed the ticket.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[CAFE]
Members
1,723 posts
12,378 battles

You were blatantly rude to the customer support representative and honestly, you were lucky to get any kind of response from him. You do understand that is a human being on the other side of the support ticket, right? 

To answer your question, you do not need to retrain your captain for the tirpitz. The captain will work fine on both once fully trained. 

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles

Sounds complicated. He is being retrained for je ship you put him in. He has all skills working in tirpitz. You are simply retraining him for the ship from which you transfered him. It will be faster than retraining him in that ship.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

You acted like a tool, we’re wrong, and threw a fit.  And YOU posted this?  Hilarious.

The Cpt should have an EXP tracker that shows how much you need to bring him back to 100%.  You not only trained him for another ship, you untrained him for the Tirpitz when you dropped that 200,000.

Edited by galspanic

[WOLF7]
Members
11,900 posts

Once you retrain a captain from a premium ship, he can no longer be trained for a premium. But since none of the penalties matter, it seems like a lot of anguish over nothing...

The only way you can get a captain trained for a premium is when the premium comes with a captain, you cannot under any circumstances "train" a captain to a premium.

Edited by awiggin

[DFNT]
Members
183 posts
3,575 battles

That's how you ask for help? The people that work in customer service aren't punching bags. I'm surprised they haven't deleted your account. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,177 posts
5,996 battles

Here's how it works.  

If you move a commander from a premium ship to a non-premium ship, that commander will have his skills reduced by 50% effectiveness until he is retrained in the vessel he has moved to.  If you then attempt to move the commander back to a premium ship before this retraining is complete (any premium, not just the one he came from last), the retraining process still has to be completed before he will once again be able to fully access his skills.   This is not retraining for the premium ship, it's finishing the training for the tech tree ship. 

Once that retraining is complete, that commander will be fully effective on any premium ship or on the tech tree ship he's just finished training for.  

I imagine this system is in place to prevent players from "washing away" the retraining of a captain for a tech tree ship.  If it were not in place, if I had a captain in say the Bayern, and I wanted to transfer him to the Bismark but I didn't want to either pay the silver/gold to do the job and I didn't want to take the time to retrain him with experience, I could transfer him to the Bismark (with 50% off his experience) then transfer him to the Tirpitz.  The system would keep track of the fact that he came from the Bismark and if his training deficit was wiped away when he was transferred to the Tirpitz, a player could then transfer him back down to the Bismark and presto, he would then be a fully trained Bismark captain without the need for any retraining time or any cost in gold or silver. 

Since I doubt this system was in place to cover situations like your's, it's possible that WG would have been willing to consider cutting you some slack and potentially helping you. 

You were however incredibly rude, entitled and demanding in your responses to customer support and what's amazing to me is that they responded to you at all and didn't tell you to take a long walk off a short pier.  You might actually try to be a bit more civil when dealing with customer service in the future, that is if you actually expect any of them to care about your mistakes and whether they should expend the effort to help you unwind them.  

God I am glad I don't work customer service, they should get a medal for having to deal with people like you all day.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

We are all very sympathetic, to customer service for having to deal with you.

• Cool 1

Members
470 posts
9,728 battles

Even if the captain says they need retraining and have an orange xp tag under their portrait you should find that all the captain skills are at 100 percent on the tirpitz, so nothing was wrong to complain to customer service about 

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,253 posts
12,106 battles
1 minute ago, Visidious said:

so nothing was wrong to complain to customer service about 

But he clearly, very clearly ...... rude to the person on the customer service team and also sooking™ about it and posted it here. 

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles

Two things blow my mind here: How you behaved towards a person only trying to help you, and that after almost 7k rounds, you don't understand how captain training and retraining works.

To the former: You should be ashamed. You clearly aren't, however, you should be.

To the latter: Once you start to retrain a captain, the retraining has to be completed, it matters not what ship you move that captain to.

[-N-]
Members
12 posts
13,454 battles

I dont think anyone of the above people read the conversation with support in reverse order - the way it happened .

sigh .

I guess that was too much to ask .

Sign in to follow this