6 comments in this topic

[STURM]
Members
471 posts
4,143 battles

So, I was playing the Hood the other day, and I got into a situation where I used defensive fire to defend myself from air attack, as you do. A little bit later, I hit the H button to check if I would go undetected if I put out a fire, and I noticed something odd about the numbers it was giving me for my AA.

Every source I have read says that her rockets have a 1.5 KM range, and are the only thing buffed by defensive AA, to the tune of at 25 fold boost. That brings the AA the rockets put out from 50 stock, up to 1250 stock.

But the in game screen does not reflect this. For comparison, here is Hood regularly:

5b22ab7d0cf91_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.5525cf3d81161c2db16c76725974fe20.pngHoodAAreg.jpg.de158134e32320e76ee45ecd722be5fb.jpg

and here is Hood with DF active:

5b22abc694007_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.64b3a4adf3832db997618d0a3d70cb22.pngHoodAADF.jpg.de52bab3513ee5596d6d847319103103.jpg

Now, my Hood isn't stock in terms of AA, so the numbers don't 100% match up, but that is most definitely not a %2500 increase in her close AA bubble. It looks to me like the guns are lumped by caliber, despite the fact that the game says range.

Unless literally everyone, including myself, missed the Hood getting buffed in a patch, and based on my performances in game, I don't think that's the case. (not to mention, this buff would be insane)

Or am I just missing something else? @LittleWhiteMouse, do you have thoughts on this? 

[STURM]
Members
471 posts
4,143 battles
18 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

Despite the abysmal range of the Rockets, they are considered long-range AA guns.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Like I said, it seems like the game says "long-range" when it means "large caliber." It's a pity, those rocket mounts are so fragile, I was planing to use this pop-up to keep an eye on how many were still functioning. Now I can't do that without a calculator.

It seems like the Hood's non-standard AA layouts really messes with this pop-up, though, considering that it dosn't even have the range for the rockets listed.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,266 posts
8,519 battles

You have to separate her 102mm DPS and her rocket DPS from one another.  The Rockets have 50dps base, if I recall off the top of my head.

-Edit-  Yep, 50dps stock.  So with DFAA activated, we should see this 50dps amplified 2500% -- or 25x which adds up to 1,250dps + 66dps base of her 102mm guns.  The expected total should be 1,316dps.
zLyAomN.png

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

[STURM]
Members
471 posts
4,143 battles
12 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You have to separate her 102mm DPS and her rocket DPS from one another.  The Rockets have 50dps base, if I recall off the top of my head.

-Edit-  Yep, 50dps stock.  So with DFAA activated, we should see this 50dps amplified 2500% -- or 25x which adds up to 1,250dps + 66dps base of her 102mm guns.  The expected total should be 1,316dps.
zLyAomN.png

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought was going on. I was just really hoping it wasn't. It makes judging how effective the DFAA is gonna be after you've taken a few HE hits almost impossible in the heat of battle. Thanks for the info.

Also, that was a fun match we had a bit ago. It ended pretty much how I thought it would once the battle was underway, you out-spotting me and me getting lit up by everyone.

Now I need to get you twice to break even.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,266 posts
8,519 battles
27 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought was going on. I was just really hoping it wasn't. It makes judging how effective the DFAA is gonna be after you've taken a few HE hits almost impossible in the heat of battle. Thanks for the info.

Also, that was a fun match we had a bit ago. It ended pretty much how I thought it would once the battle was underway, you out-spotting me and me getting lit up by everyone.

Now I need to get you twice to break even.

You heard it here first, folks.  Haida OP.  ;)

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.