You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadatron

How About a Radar Specific Spotted Notification?

9 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

What is stopping WG from creating a different spotted icon to illustrate what kind of button click is spotting you. Hydro and Radar both mean VERY different things in how you deal with them, so why do they have the same icon?

Dealing with Hydro and dealing with Radar are often 2 different approaches depending on the situation. 

Anyone else interested in a change like this?

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
Members
579 posts
3,461 battles

As far as I'm concerned spotted is spotted. Besides knowing which ships have radar and which ones have hydro is all part of situational awareness.

There are only a couple of ships that have both.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,751 posts
14,219 battles

I would love to see this implemented because you never know if it's a hydro or radar ship that's hiding behind that rock

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles

Make it a skill like RDF. Radar Warning Receiver.

Even though RWRs didn't really exist until the 1960s.

Could even just be a 1 point skill like Situational Awareness.

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles
2 hours ago, Canadatron said:

What is stopping WG from creating a different spotted icon to illustrate what kind of button click is spotting you. Hydro and Radar both mean VERY different things in how you deal with them, so why do they have the same icon?

Dealing with Hydro and dealing with Radar are often 2 different approaches depending on the situation. 

Anyone else interested in a change like this?

I would be, but it brings up a lot of questions as to the priority for the notifications. Which should have precedence over the other? I personally wished it would show all the ways you are spotted. Triggering smoke to stop surface detection and having it morph to the radar detection icon was always infuriating. 

Members
554 posts
3,767 battles
2 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

Even though RWRs didn't really exist until the 1960s.

I believe both England and Germany employed a form of radar detection during WW2. It was used to track down night fighters.

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Once your spotted I see no reason to know what is spotting you. Situation Awareness is everything. If it is Radar you have 9.6 km {on average}to get away. Hydro its 5-6.5 {on average} Mini map will tell you the difference.

Making the game Idiot proof only allows more Idiots. Like Chess thinking is not overrated. Know the game and its pieces success will follow.

• Bad 1

Members
198 posts
1,447 battles
16 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Making the game Idiot proof only allows more Idiots. Like Chess thinking is not overrated. Know the game and its pieces success will follow.

You know Chess is easier right, you have to memorize less things.