You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoldSavage

Is it me or do the toxic players get killed off first?

78 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,487 battles

A few games in this morning and I'm finding the game chat almost at a point where it's already intolerably toxic.  I already blew threw my 7 daily reports lol.  Not enough in the day.  But as I am noticing though with that being said I'm seeing toxic players the ones that are using extreme foul language and being fairly abusive towards everybody else.  I find they are usually the first to get killed in game and call everybody else a potato.  Now first off everybody here knows I aint the greatest WoWs player.   I usually try not to get mad at people just because it's a waist of energy.  But the more I watch these battles play out the first players on the team to go are usually the ones that moan gripe and or complain.  Actually I find it rather amusing.  Are players on the red teams seeming to be  psychic?  I dunno.

Just remember that Karma is a B and it will bite you back twice as hard.  It may be that players on your team or the red team report and complain or submit a ticket.  Either way Karma is Karma.  But I only ask if it's just me seeing this trend or is anybody else starting to see this trend?

Edited by SuperSpud1
  • Boring 1

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
9 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

The first to die tend to be that way. I see it all the time. They say all sorts of stuff. I really like it when they call the team trash after they die within 5 minutes of the game start. Then the team goes on to win the round. That's my favorite.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles

I mostly laugh at the dead ranters and save my reports for the truly toxic ones, excessive swearing and racial epitaphs epithets and those will often get a support ticket too. There is no place in the game for that kind of garbage.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,487 battles

The only time I've really called a team potatoes is if the entire team literally did noting and camped out in the back of the map.  But that is very very rare it happens.   But the games I've been in today man it was something else I tell ya.  Its like the teams just threw the match away lol.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

The first to die tend to be that way. I see it all the time. They say all sorts of stuff. I really like it when they call the team trash after they die within 5 minutes of the game start. Then the team goes on to win the round. That's my favorite.

Far too often they are but I have been that first to die many times myself and most of the time it was my fault or just bad luck like having a never spotted Hood come around an island and pop up 8 Km from your Graf Spee in this kind of moment.

• Funny 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,080 posts
11,053 battles

Often times the first to die are attempting a bold maneuver to help the team win, which is admirable on it's face, but pretty stupid at the same time because you should never count on your team mates being:  A) competent enough to understand what you are trying and B) competent enough to actually help you if they do understand.  The anger comes from frustration and embarrassment in trying hard to win but falling flat on ones face.  The simplest and best response is "Play in a 3 man division next time you need support". The usual replay is " I can't find division mates ..."  to which the best reply is "Quit being a raging soy boy and you'll find it easy to find division mates.

My work here is done.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[R-F1]
Members
507 posts
21,714 battles

Lately I've been in the habit of trying to make them laugh.  Either it sheds some light on the absurdity of their behavior, or makes them even more angry.  Either way, its a win-win.  

• Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
5,475 posts
9,417 battles
9 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Those, plus the ones who die and complain usually have zero kills.

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,788 battles

Time and again I've seen three or four of the team get so caught up in their argument that they stop playing and are essentially AFK.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,193 battles
24 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

A few games in this morning and I'm finding the game chat almost at a point where it's already intolerably toxic.  I already blew threw my 7 daily reports lol.  Not enough in the day.  But as I am noticing though with that being said I'm seeing toxic players the ones that are using extreme foul language and being fairly abusive towards everybody else.  I find they are usually the first to get killed in game and call everybody else a potato.  Now first off everybody here knows I aint the greatest WoWs player.   I usually try not to get mad at people just because it's a waist of energy.  But the more I watch these battles play out the first players on the team to go are usually the ones that moan gripe and or complain.  Actually I find it rather amusing.  Are players on the red teams seeming to be  psychic?  I dunno.

Just remember that Karma is a B and it will bite you back twice as hard.  It may be that players on your team or the red team report and complain or submit a ticket.  Either way Karma is Karma.  But I only ask if it's just me seeing this trend or is anybody else starting to see this trend?

I think you mean I am not the greatest WoWs player.............heheheheheheh I am just teasing you spud. I agree with your analysis, I love to troll those people by typing in chat "The only thing worse than abusive players is the moaning of the dead" For some reason it just sets them off lol.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,193 battles

When I am the first to die, I always apologize to the team for playing recklessly or making a bad decision that caused me to throw my ship away. I apologize for not carrying my weight in the match. For the most part people understand.

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,230 posts
6,596 battles
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

.. racial epitaphs...

Generally, even the worst of 'em try put more noble statements on their tombstones...

"epithets"

• Funny 1

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
21 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

A few games in this morning and I'm finding the game chat almost at a point where it's already intolerably toxic.

I remember in one game one of the Red Team's player just kept spamming F key messages, over and over again. His team just asked him to stop, my team asked him to stop his only response was cussing and then back to the F Key Spam.

Finally one of his team TK him, and Everyone in chat thanked the Tk'er, and some of gave the TK'er all our positive Karma points for the day.

I not sure why Wargaming does not use a chat filter like so many other online games?

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Generally, even the worst of 'em try put more noble statements on their tombstones...

"epithets"

Opps, but at least I spelled it correctly. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I remember in one game one of the Red Team's player just kept spamming F key messages, over and over again. His team just asked him to stop, my team asked him to stop his only response was cussing and then back to the F Key Spam.

Finally one of his team TK him, and Everyone in chat thanked the Tk'er, and some of gave the TK'er all our positive Karma points for the day.

I not sure why Wargaming does not use a chat filter like so many other online games?

I have seen chat filters go nuts and censor words and parts of words that should not be censored so in games that have a filter I will turn it off if I can. The occasional blast doesn't bother me and if they really tee up I just block them.

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have seen chat filters go nuts and censor words and parts of words that should not be censored so in games that have a filter I will turn it off if I can. The occasional blast doesn't bother me and if they really tee up I just block them.

Copy, just was wondering.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,230 posts
6,596 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Opps, but at least I spelled it correctly. :Smile_facepalm:

That, you did, when many do not!

Kudos earned, kudos given. :Smile_honoring: 

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

That, you did, when many do not!

Kudos earned, kudos given. :Smile_honoring: 

This is a perfect example of why the English language is so hard to learn, even the native speakers have trouble.

180507.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If peeps are arguing, I'll say, "hey ladies, I'm trying to battle and kill peeps over here, y'all can chat all you want when the battle is over". :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[STEM]
Beta Testers
83 posts
711 battles

throwing the game due to being bad is also toxic behavior. You're supposed to be a team player but you make yourself a liability because you cant carry your own weight and you wind up dragging your teammates down as they try to make up for you. Even worse if they try to save you, it's like a death sentence for them.

being bad at videogames makes you a bad team player. You're no better than a griefer pulling a denial of service on other players.

• Bad 5