Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zarenno

ST Legendary Upgrade Changes...

14 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Members
138 posts
7,515 battles

Weird, it looks like they forgot to fix the Des Moines's Special Upgrade...

image.png

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

that looks like a big nerf to republique,now moskva...i don't know what wmight change with the legendary upgrade switching to the sixth slot.

Edited by Cruxdei

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles

Not a fan of them nerfing the radar module, and then also reducing the yueyangs radar duration here. The thing that makes the yueyang not a gearing is that radar consumable, that's what makes the ship tick. So why Nerf it ?

[OPG]
Members
138 posts
7,515 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Not a fan of them nerfing the radar module, and then also reducing the yueyangs radar duration here. The thing that makes the yueyang not a gearing is that radar consumable, that's what makes the ship tick. So why Nerf it ?

They are reducing the special module's nerf of the radar duration to 15% less active time from 30%... (I still think its radar should not be touched at all, it's short as it is).

Edited by Zarenno

[BUOY]
Members
224 posts
8,421 battles
30 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

that looks like a big nerf to republique,now moskva...i don't know what wmight change with the legendary upgrade switching to the sixth slot.

Actually, moving the Moskva's module to the 6th slot isn't a nerf but makes it far more of a true 'sidegrade' since you don't give up concealment anymore, while in the 6th slot you give up MBM3 (presumably) for range and a big dispersion buff.

[SYN]
Members
14,624 posts
10,955 battles

One thing I don't understand about these upgrades, is that they do not offer "significant changes" to the ships that get them. It's more like a straight up buff at what they already do extremely well.

If the Devs truly wanted to offer "significant changes" to the way the ship plays, there needs to be significant advantages tied in with significant drawbacks.

Like, for instance...

You have your Standard setup for Yamato, which is about DPM, tanking and being imposing in the middle bote.
Then you have a mod that offers: +Acc, +AA, -DPM, -HP, Sniper mod
Then you have another mod that does: -Acc, -Stealth, +DPM, +AGI, Brawler mod
And another mod that does: +AGI, +Speed, -HP, -Range, Flanker mod

Ns9Us4q.jpg

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, Zarenno said:

They are reducing the special module's nerf of the radar duration to 15% less active time from 30%... (I still think its radar should not be touched at all, it's short as it is).

Exactly. It's fine the way it is.

[MWM]
Supertester
1,800 posts
5,290 battles
18 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Does WIP mean anything?

Stone Carvers Union local 231

work in progress.  All changes are not final till its on live server for the regular boting public.

Beta Testers
345 posts
2,096 battles

I still wouldn't use the legendary mod on my Moskva, If I want more range I'd use the range mod and not get the turret rotation penalty of the legendary mod. Cruiser accuracy is good enough that the bonus on the legendary mod is honestly not worth for what little else it gives.

They need need a lot more time to balance these properly. Some ships these are straight upgrades over what else they can take in a upgrade slot (shouldn't happen), others are a side grade or offer a different playstyle (good), and the rest are straight downgrades or completely useless, looking at you Montana (why).

Edited by Phaere

[R-R-R]
Members
978 posts
7,067 battles

Republique upgrade just got nerfed from being best-in-slot to very questionable.

Same with Yamato. Now you have some real trade-off between RoF and accuracy, much like the current situation for Montana.

I guess it is good change since the goal is to have variety rather than a BiS option.

Edited by Exciton8964

Sign in to follow this