You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2575dave

Where's the U.S.A. and Canada Soccer Patch's?!

124 comments in this topic

[WWSB]
[WWSB]
Members
276 posts
8,712 battles

Whats with the North American discrimination WarGaming? This is a "North American" Server and you don't even offer our countries! I don't care if there's a good reason why there not offered. I should be able to pick my country.. its a pride thing!

Edited by 2575dave
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[BUOY]
Members
224 posts
8,428 battles

The USA didn't qualify, hence why it's not in the roster any more than China.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing, but we didn't make it into the World Cup this go round.

Neither did Italy or Chile. Which is a lot more embarrassing for them.

[ interesting side note: It's my understanding that it's called "Soccer" from way back when it was Association Football and folks shortened it to 'soccer'. 'Cos they're cute like that. ]

Edited by Jester_of_War

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles

So we can get a myriad of patches for a bunch of countries today, but they left out 2 of the biggest countries represented on the server. 

I knew they didn't like us when they renamed our special American commander to an unidentified dead body but this is taking it to a whole new level. It's like we don't exist in that special group of countries they have decided to honor. 

Spoiler

BTW, I'm cheering for Iceland

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
13 minutes ago, 2575dave said:

Whats with the discrimination WarGaming?

If we had qualified then we would have a patch. WG didn’t just randomly select certain teams they wanted to make patches for. It’s patches of teams that are participating in the World Cup.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 6

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles

i thought americans didn't even care about soccer,but at the same time,they excel at SO many other sports.

[WGA]
Administrator
747 posts
309 battles

These patches are related to the World Cup and includes teams participating.  We'll get there next year!

[LANCE]
Members
365 posts
3,665 battles
1 minute ago, Jester_of_War said:

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing, but we didn't make it into the World Cup this go round.

Also, it's Soccer (not Soccar). From way back when it was Association Football and folks shortened it to 'soccer'. 'Cos they're cute like that.

Should actually be referred to as Football where you actually use your foot to play the ball. It really boils my piss that they call it Soccer.  Perhaps American Football should be renamed American Handball :cap_haloween:

... and you're right mate, Italy and Chile should certainly be more embarassed by the fact they didn't qualify! The US team are getting a lot better though :)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

i thought americans didn't even care about soccer,but at the same time,they excel at SO many other sports.

Lots of us do.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles
9 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

If we had qualified then we would have a patch. WG didn’t just randomly select certain teams they wanted to make patches for. It’s patches of teams that are aren’t participating in the World Cup.

Is this what you meant?

9 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We'll get there in four years next year

The World Cup is every four years.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

These patches are related to the World Cup and includes teams participating.  We'll get there next year!

Yeah, we have to actually go to the extremely expensive route of actually hosting to get in a WC.... lol

you are fast.....

Edited by Ducky_shot

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
Just now, Jester_of_War said:

Is this what you meant?

The World Cup is every four years.

It is and edited it before you payed your quote lol. Sometimes the autocorrect on my phone likes to change things and I don’t catch it before I post lol.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles
12 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

2 of the biggest countries represented on the server

I'm assuming the U.S. is one of those. Which is the other of the biggest countries represented on the N.A. server? (in all seriousness: I'm very interested to know who else we're playing alongside in this game.)

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yeah, we have to actually go to the extremely expensive route of actually hosting to get in a WC.... lol

you are fast.....

At least Canada and Mexico only have to host 10 games each lol.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
Just now, Jester_of_War said:

I'm assuming the U.S. is one of those. Which is the other of the biggest countries represented on the N.A. server? (in all seriousness: I'm very interested to know who else we're playing alongside in this game.)

Canada.

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles
1 minute ago, Jester_of_War said:

It doesn't make sense because it was another topic and radar merged them. I looked and there was no other thread when I posted. I was referring to US and Canada, which is what my thread title said. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[CUTER]
Members
3,778 posts
15,822 battles

They could have added USA/Canada despite failing to qualify. It's our server after all. Kinda disrespectful... Maybe add a special USA patch in the premium shop??

• Cool 1
  • Bad 11

[WWSB]
[WWSB]
Members
276 posts
8,712 battles
15 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Also, it's Soccer (not Soccar). From way back when it was Association Football and folks shortened it to 'soccer'. 'Cos they're cute like that.

Speaking of being cute, Who called it Soccar?  Anyways..

11 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

We care about every sport we play, were just not that interested in "soccer" because it just so happens to coincide with another sport we play.. its called FOOTBALL! :cap_viking:

Edited by 2575dave
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,472 posts
6,810 battles

Only me or do I see duplicate posts now? @RadarX I think something went wrong when merging the threads

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles
14 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Should actually be referred to as Football where you actually use your foot to play the ball. It really boils my piss that they call it Soccer.  Perhaps American Football should be renamed American Handball

So actually Football in the U.S. should be called "Handie" to be consistent with "Soccer"

[ kidding ]

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles
3 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

At least Canada and Mexico only have to host 10 games each lol.

I was disappointed that Regina was removed as a possibility to host some games. Would have been nice. I may make the 7 hour drive to Edmonton. 

[WWSB]
[WWSB]
Members
276 posts
8,712 battles
10 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Should actually be referred to as Football where you actually use your foot to play the ball. It really boils my piss that they call it Soccer.  Perhaps American Football should be renamed American Handball :cap_haloween:

... and you're right mate, Italy and Chile should certainly be more embarassed by the fact they didn't qualify! The US team are getting a lot better though :)

Wash your mouth out you.. GRRRR