Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

If glorious Russian battleships are the Gamescon preview what would be your choice for the T8 premium?

44 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,582 posts
68 battles

I have a hard time believing two Japanese destroyers are going to be WoWS big Gamescon item and it is basically understood Russian battleships where in development way back in 2016. Unless WoWS just isn't going to have a big presence this year with WG going full court on the Polish tank line? Note I did say preview not release of a Russian battleship line. :cap_like:

I realize there are already two battleships either released or about to be released at TIX and TX so some may already be a bit  tired of Russian battleships, oops I meant to say cruisers. Two new cruisers have been made, or about to be made available.

Cruisers™.
giphy.gif

I will steal from @Xero_Snake's thread and continue the theme of Russians getting the follow on design a tier below which the Italians get the original. In this case a UP.41 inspired design and not the full Sovetsky Soyuz. Which I believe a WG dev has already said will be TIX years ago? 

oC045g8.png

While Project 21 was approved to be taken as a research material for further studies, the Ansaldo’s Project UP.41 design was taken into consideration for further research as well, which in turn result in entering this preliminary stage for Project 23 battleship development.

As for the pre-Project 23 itself, the preliminary design was likely to be based on the Project UP.41. Another similar design was done for Type “B” battleship – known as Project 64, but armed with 356mm (14”) main guns. Like Project 21, it also designed with the Pugliese torpedo bulges - PMZ. Moreover, the armor scheme was revised by thickening the other hull sections such as deck armors, belt armor and turrets armor. But instead of completely following the Project UP.41 specifications, they use their home-built main, secondary and anti-aircraft armaments. 152 mm secondary guns were used instead of the proposed 180 mm guns. In terms of propulsion, it will be fitted with the same 3-shaft propulsion unit configuration, but with greater power output in order to maintain 30 knots while supporting the increased displacement from its predecessor.

Following up from Project 21 development, KB-4 Design Bureau was chosen to further their development progresses, although the lead designers were convinced that only a larger ship could fulfill the ambitious requirements. They did manage to get agreement on 22 November 1936 for a thickening of the deck armor that raised the displacement to about 47,000 tons. Design work continued on this basis and technical work was completed for a ship of 47,700 tons in April 1937, but the designers continued to press their case for larger ships. The issue was resolved by Stalin himself at a meeting on 4 July when he agreed to increase displacement to about 56,000 tons. This forced the project to begin again.

Displacement:

44,900 tons (standard)

46,700 tons (normal load)

50,000 tons (full load)

Dimensions:

Length: 255.0 m (245.0 m waterline)

Beam: 33.5 m (31.5 m waterline)

Draft: 9.5 m

Armor:

Waterline belt: 220 – 380mm

Upper belt: 200 – 220mm

Deck: 30 – 180mm

Turrets: 250 – 400 mm

Barbettes: 400 – 420mm

Conning tower: 200 – 406mm

Torpedo protection: Pugliese

Armaments:

3 x 3 – 406mm/50 (16”/50) MK-1 triple gun turrets

6 x 2 – 152mm/57 (6”/57) MK-4 twin gun turrets

6 x 2 – 100mm/56 (3.9”/56) M3-14 twin DP guns

8 x 4 – 37mm/67 (1.5”/67) 46-K quad AA autocannons

Propulsion system:

3-shaft propulsion sets powered by 3 Brown Boveri steam turbine sets

3 x 67,000 = 201,000 shp

Top speed:

30 knots

Aviation facility:

4 – 5 flying boats & 2 catapults

I would guess that WG would change the secondary outfit to be Balansed™ for the tier by the world renowned Saint Petersburg Bureau of Ships of course. :cap_win:

Suddenly we see why Pugliese system was given such a huge TDS bonus instead of Roma simply being given awesome rudder shift. 
tenor.gif?itemid=6072568

Only big meanie RNBBQ and naughty German 8" HE spam to worry about for the most part?
a7f4eb2fb9b485e651458dc0017f4030.jpg

If the 152mm mounts are kept no doubt they will get 10km range to burn everything? :cap_popcorn:
giphy.gif

Just my WAG for the eventual TVIII trainer to go with four two other premium Russian battleships. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles

When is Gamescom this year?

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,506 posts
3,211 battles

What would be cool, is if Russian battleships had the same limited rapid fire dcp as the oktober revolution 

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,582 posts
68 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

With a squad of fighters or some torps it will be balans comrad.:cap_like:

Can't be a squad of fighters, it would open the door for others.
300px-Tony!_Toni!_Tone!_Promotional_Phot

Edited by Sparviero

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,582 posts
68 battles
32 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I’m thinking new CV gameplay will be the main event 

That would be very interesting and I'd be happy to see what WG has come up.  It would also mean pretty much the death knell for two tech tree lines in the second half of the year. Unless it is a line that just happens to have a lot of resources available for quick modification already in game? Oh hello RNDD line. :cap_cool:

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

Part of me is curious to see what monstrosities they came up with for a Russian battleship line, but my money would be on rolling out what they're doing with CVs.

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

21st to the 25th of august

Cool.  Maybe we can get access to more Gamescom camos again.  They sure are super hard to come by.

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

What would be cool, is if Russian battleships had the same limited rapid fire dcp as the oktober revolution 

I fully expect this as their gimmick, aka "national flavor".

[ARGSY]
Members
11,704 posts
7,510 battles

When you see the Russian battleships, you will know why the Conqueror was given such horrifically powerful HE.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,959 posts
3,895 battles

Gamescom will be the relaunch of Graf Zeppelin, I'm pretty sure.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,105 posts
5,904 battles

my favorite,totally historical cruiser sovetsky soyuz tier 8 premium ship.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,999 battles
33 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Part of me is curious to see what monstrosities they came up with for a Russian battleship line, but my money would be on rolling out what they're doing with CVs.

Tier ten is going to have

115,000hp

length ~1,250-1,500f

beam ~75ish feet

draft (who cares about draft in wows lol) 3 feet dank russian bias is not afraid of asashio and pan asia (just [edited]around lol)

uhh hieght of the ship from the water line is going to be like donskoi moskva... except LUL. Probably going to be like 150feet high xD

Concealment = 20km

4x3 18.1" guns reloading at 25seconds, turret traverse of ~min and a half. AP Alpha ~15,000 HE Alpha 9,000-10,000

fire chance ~75%

HE Velocity = 900m/s

AP Velocity = 900m/s

Range = 35km because dank memes.

consumables = 

Damage con (the one found on oktober)

Radar 

Heal (standard october/nikolai heal)

armor:

bow and aft armor plating= 50mm

Armor belt plating 750mm

super structure armor 25mm

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Members
539 posts

well the best part of having a Russian Battleship tier is that it will truly make this a fantasy role playing game. they never had even enough ships afloat to matter and the majority of those were because of Tsarist Russia, not the soviet failure that followed.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,292 posts
18,619 battles
4 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Be careful with that.  Conqueror would love nothing more than to have a BB opponent with limited DCP charges.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,506 posts
3,211 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Be careful with that.  Conqueror would love nothing more than to have a BB opponent with limited DCP charges.

If you run premium and superintendent, you have at least 5 or 6 charges... It wouldn't be much different except you have the option to repair right away if you want. If anything you could catch a conq or even a smart CV off guard by repairing everything that hits you (if its the end game/practical to do). Like the speed boost it would provide fun and alternate ways to play the new bbs.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,292 posts
18,619 battles
12 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

If you run premium and superintendent, you have at least 5 or 6 charges... It wouldn't be much different except you have the option to repair right away if you want. If anything you could catch a conq or even a smart CV off guard by repairing everything that hits you (if its the end game/practical to do). Like the speed boost it would provide fun and alternate ways to play the new bbs.

Considering how powerful and often the HE shelling is at high tier, we'd burn through that like a starving Ehtiopian with a full meal.

Zao, Moskva, DM, Roon, Hindenburg, Mogami-155, Atago, etc.

Then there's the CVs to burn through your consumables.  The USN CVs may be distracted with AP bombs but rest assured, the IJN ones will still have the means to burn through consumables with TB & DB options.

Then there's RN BBs.  Conqueror is but one of the numerous British Dragons in this line.  Orion, Iron Duke, KGV, Nelson, Lion are others, and are conveniently sprinkled up and down the BB tiers.

Let's also not forget the torpedoes of high tier Destroyers, combined with the stealth of such DDs, will be another key menace to limited DCP charges.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,389 battles
5 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

21st to the 25th of august

Of course, right when school starts.... :Smile_facepalm:

1 hour ago, fourteenfour said:

well the best part of having a Russian Battleship tier is that it will truly make this a fantasy role playing game. they never had even enough ships afloat to matter and the majority of those were because of Tsarist Russia, not the soviet failure that followed.

I mean in the Soviet's defense, their Cold War era Navy was something to be respected and feared. But thats a little ahead of this game, so you've hit the point on the nose. 

But yeah, in WW2 the Soviet Navy wasn't exactly an effective war fighting entity...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

I wish they'd go back and fix the ships they've powercreeped into near-obsolescence before adding the next (inevitably thick) layer of powercreep.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,694 posts
11,727 battles
28 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Considering how powerful and often the HE shelling is at high tier, we'd burn through that like a starving Ehtiopian with a full meal.

If you wait until the second fire to use the damage control and have 5 or 6 then you need to be set on fire 10 or 12 times. Which is actually a heck of a lot, especially if you have FP and it's pretty hard to get a second fire going.

Sign in to follow this