Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Diesel

New EULA

26 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
2,278 battles

Started reading the new NA EULA. and I cannot accept it. Simple to long winded and not able to understand.  It is crazy complicated and Legal terms used and I am not a Lawyer. 

Above average IQ College education. part of old Job was old Microsoft EULA compliance this for a games seems insane Wargaming NA please simplify. surely this is 4-5 times bigger with sub Chapters for other games. 

Clicking accept means you have read and understood these rules.

Common sense would dictate surely most people clicking Accept to play there "GAME" do not understand the these complicated rules.     

Edited by Mr_Diesel
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
407 posts
18,992 battles

Just curious, what part don't you agree with? There have been several threads on this subject already. 

Edited by gillhunter

Members
1,112 posts

And I take it that you forego Windows, Steam, Google, Amazon, Netflix, and every other web-based service in the universe with a complex, lawyerly EULA?

Good luck running Linux and Open Office forever.

• Funny 4
  • Bad 2

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles

I guess the ownership of the account itself... Since it states that your account is a property of WG and you cannot sell it.

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Bad 1

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles
3 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Just curious, what part don't you agree with? There have been several threads on this subject already. 

I guess the ownership of the account itself... Since it states that your account is a property of WG and you cannot sell it.

Crap a duplicate.... Admins can you please delete the first 1?

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,473 posts
6,810 battles
24 minutes ago, Mr_Diesel said:

It is crazy complicated and Legal terms used and I am not a Lawyer. 

The EULA and the ToS are supposed to be legal documents. So it‘s natural that these documents are formulated in a way that makes them solid even in front of a court.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,658 posts
13,234 battles
52 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

So, nothing's changed then. Because it's always been that way.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
Members
1,011 posts
2,260 battles

If you think wargaming is just going to take away your account or remove your premiums just because it says they can in the EULA, then you have some trust issues. To do that is pointless for them, and only hurts their marketing...

Short story:

There actually was a time when wargaming DIDNT enact their EULA rights. I played wot blitz for several years, and there was a super rare reskin of the tier 8 heavy tank is6 (called the is6 fearless). Only given out for national championships and the sort. Well one update someone goofed and it was available for sale, and even though it was gone in a day, people had bought it. Wg gave compensation and said it's fair. We mis-gave you the tank, and it is within our rights to give take the tank. About a week of drama and nom stop [edited] on the forums and online, they gave everybody the tank back (they let them keet the gold compensation too iirc). Just goes to show EULA and basic morals as a company are two totally different things. 

Edited by _1204_

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles

It is pretty much the same as before. I take it you didn't read it before, because it hasn't really changed much. Just some verbiage updates. You are not losing anything from the pervious EULA.

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles
59 minutes ago, Lert said:

So, nothing's changed then. Because it's always been that way.

Yep.. Pretty much the same.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,600 posts
10,062 battles

How about if I start a rumor that somewhere in the EULA is a hidden code that will get the first hundred people 50,000 doubloons each...

Oh.. Ain't I such a stinker !!

[TDRB]
Members
1,326 posts
5,052 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

How about if I start a rumor that somewhere in the EULA is a hidden code that will get the first hundred people 50,000 doubloons each...

Oh.. Ain't I such a stinker !!

Too bad it isn't true

Yes you are

[WGA]
Administrator
747 posts
309 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

It is pretty much the same as before. I take it you didn't read it before, because it hasn't really changed much. Just some verbiage updates. You are not losing anything from the pervious EULA.

Outside of a few recent changes to accommodate GDPR, it is identical.   We have made no other policy changes other than that to my knowledge.

• Cool 3

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,153 posts
4,400 battles

people are only losing their mind because this is the first time they're reading the EULA. In reality, they only just simplify their wording to make it easier to understand. But it not simple enough for OP

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles
11 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

people are only losing their mind because this is the first time they're reading the EULA. In reality, they only just simplify their wording to make it easier to understand. But it not simple enough for OP

Reading EULA op. PLZ nerf:cap_book::Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
4 hours ago, Mr_Diesel said:

Started reading the new NA EULA. and I cannot accept it. Simple to long winded and not able to understand.  It is crazy complicated and Legal terms used and I am not a Lawyer. 

Above average IQ College education. part of old Job was old Microsoft EULA compliance this for a games seems insane Wargaming NA please simplify. surely this is 4-5 times bigger with sub Chapters for other games. 

Common sense would dictate surely most people clicking Accept to play there "GAME" do not understand the these complicated rules.     

It was longer and more complicated to read than it is now. The EULA change basically shortened it and made it more simple and easier to understand than it was before. 

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,925 posts
10,485 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Outside of a few recent changes to accommodate GDPR, it is identical.   We have made no other policy changes other than that to my knowledge.

From what I interpreted, it's just clarifying what the previous EULA already said. My guessing is so if someone is banned for cheating or being less than desirable in chat, they can't sue, as well as if wg were to go somehow bankrupt tomorrow and shutdown all the servers, people can't try to take their money back after losing access to their accounts.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 6:01 AM, Mr_Diesel said:

I read and understood it. If fact when jingles went on his leave leave because of the last incident of copyright strike I knew he was in error because a post in a forum from an employee saying one has permission to use content does not override the EULA which stated one does not without written permission which may be revoked at anytime. His argument then changed to the EU EULA allows it, it doesn’t in fact it’s much clearer about you must get written permission from WoWS and the permission may be revoked at anytime.

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles

Well then, don't accept it. It's pretty easy to get around having to accept the new EULA. Run the game straight from the warships.exe file rather than the launcher.

• Bad 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well then, don't accept it. It's pretty easy to get around having to accept the new EULA. Run the game straight from the warships.exe file rather than the launcher.

You are bound to it in terms of service agreement as well. So the only way out of it is to not play the game. 

[CUTER]
Members
3,780 posts
15,822 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, Mr_Diesel said:

Above average IQ College education

On 6/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, Mr_Diesel said:

there "GAME"

tenor.gif?itemid=5636987

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles
39 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

You are bound to it in terms of service agreement as well. So the only way out of it is to not play the game. 

shhhh, don't tell them that. They would rather think that things have changed since June 15th.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
29 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

shhhh, don't tell them that. They would rather think that things have changed since June 15th.

Yeah I wish things were different but they do let you play for free if you really want to try.

[SIDE]
Beta Testers
111 posts
On 6/14/2018 at 7:27 AM, SireneRacker said:

The EULA and the ToS are supposed to be legal documents. So it‘s natural that these documents are formulated in a way that makes them solid even in front of a court.

True statement.  However, who's court system.  Not all EULAs are written equally in terms of a player's country of origin.  Everyone's court system is different.  

Sign in to follow this