You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nemo_Veritas

So you think you have bad match making?

15 comments in this topic

[AFW-]
Members
255 posts
10,250 battles

always go with the same tier ship as your buddy....

Community Department
2,199 posts
542 battles

Not critical if you support your team and do your best. 
The information about MM could be found here. The issues with MM is very rare, much lower than 1%.
Everything is normal in this sreenshot. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[VW]
Members
2,054 posts
12,917 battles

when you div like that you ask for it. you used to be able to bring your tier 5 buddy to tier 8 matches but they stopped that. i once saw an isokaze in a tier 8 match, and let me tell you it did very well, no one rememberd how to lead it and it was dodging fire like crazy and actually torped some fellows.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,099 posts
4,179 battles

Highest tier a tier 4 player can see is tier 5, so it's best to not division with someone higher than you as even though your Omaha is only 1 tier higher, you can see 2 tiers higher than you normally would. Turbo's link includes many other great articles on mechanics that would be highly beneficial for a new player

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,320 posts
6,228 battles

44 minutes ago, Nemo_Veritas said:

6MPxCCI.jpg

Yeah.... it was painful.

There are a few things that stand out to me:

1. You fail-div'd, by which I mean you divisioned in different tiers (you had a tier 4 ship, your division partner had a tier 5). By doing so, you made your ship face higher tier ships that it normally wouldn't have to face. ALWAYS division in the same tier: you don't want to be fighting a Nagato in a Phoenix, and neither does your team
  2. Unusually low number of players (usually, it's 12v12), which indicates one of two things:
    1. it's late night, so there are lower number of players about
    2. one of the carriers was in queue for a long time; after the 3-4 minute mark, MM starts to panic and basically shove them into whatever match available; this is hardly the worst it can do (sometimes 1v1s are possible)
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,447 posts
6,782 battles

Well, that is in the end what you get for divisioning with a ship of a higher Tier.

I recommend that you refrain from such divisions, and only division eithib your Tier. And I can almost guarantee that such MM will not happen again.

[WOLF2]
Members
265 posts
4,581 battles

I get what you're saying but I'm with everyone that commented before me. 

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. You should know better.

:Smile_facepalm:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,895 posts
15,672 battles

This is every reason divisioning should be restricted to ships of the same tier.

[NAVY]
Members
1,019 posts
4,081 battles

As several others have stated, it is a usually a bad idea to division up with a different tier as the lowered tiered ship can end up facing ships it normally would not. I don't know if you knew better or not, but just in case you didn't know how the matchmaking works in WoWs - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Divisions

Divisions of up to three ships can be created. Currently divisions can only have one carrier (and a random team can have no more than two Carriers). As of patch 0.5.10, divisions are restricted to a one tier spread. A division with a Tier VI ship, for example, could include ships of Tier V and Tier VI, or Tier VI and Tier VII. Tier V, VI, and VII ships are no longer allowed all in the same division.

Previously, there were no restrictions on division tiers, leading to "fail divisions" of high tier ships (such as Tier IX or X) divisioned with low tier ships (Tier I or II).

When placing divisions in a match, Match Maker will only consider the highest tier ship's Match Making tier range for purposes of tier placement. For example, a Tier 5's normal Match Making is +2/-1, so it will normally only see Tier 4 through Tier 7 ships in matches. Similarly, a Tier 6's normal Match Making is also +2/-1, so it will normally only see Tier 5 through Tier 8 ships in matches. When divisioned with ships of the same tier, the division will see the normal Match Making for that tier. For example, a division of only Tier 5s will only see matches with Tier 4 to Tier 7 ships. A division of only Tier 6s will only see matches with ships from Tier 5 to Tier 8.

However, when a division is made up of ships of unequal tier, only the top tier ship's tier range will be considered. Thus, let us say the Tier 5 and Tier 6 above form a division. Match Maker will only consider the Tier 6's tier spread. The Tier 6 can see Tier 8 matches, so the Tier 5 in the division with it will now also be subject to seeing Tier 8 matches where it normally would only be able to see Tier 7s max. This results in an effective +3/-1 Match Making spread for the Tier 5 when divisioned with a Tier 6.

This normal behavior. It is also why such divisions are often called "fail divisions," because this puts the lower tier ship in a battle tier they normally cannot see.

Edited by daVinci761st
fixed link

Members
13 posts
2,243 battles

Honestly I had no idea that this was a bad thing to do. I don't see how I should know better considering that the game never even tells you that divisioning with a different tier is a bad idea, and it's stupid that the game allows you to. I've done this many times in the past but I've never had match making this bad, which convinced me that it was fine.

But I will remember this in the future.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles
10 minutes ago, Nemo_Veritas said:

Honestly I had no idea that this was a bad thing to do

you had up to t8 bb which is the NC, you had CV up to t7 (all USN), you bough a Premium ship Dunkerq (t6), you had up to t6 in German cruiser. From all the information, I suggested you do tons of researches into game mechanic, watch youtube, learn more before jump back into battle.

Your t8 NC stats is not good, you should had done more damage in that beast. Learn more and you shall do well; my pandawa.

Edit:

You had a Kaiser, she is a beast when facing those 2 koniberg, and if you know where to shoot, those 2 koniberg are nothing to your team. You fail to travel with the group to combine your AA defense when knowing you facing 2 CVs, ttsskkk.

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi
  • Cool 1

Members
13 posts
2,243 battles
8 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

you had up to t8 bb which is the NC, you had CV up to t7 (all USN), you bough a Premium ship Dunkerq (t6), you had up to t6 in German cruiser. From all the information, I suggested you do tons of researches into game mechanic, watch youtube, learn more before jump back into battle.

Your t8 NC stats is not good, you should had done more damage in that beast. Learn more and you shall do well; my pandawa.

Edit:

You had a Kaiser, she is a beast when facing those 2 koniberg, and if you know where to shoot, those 2 koniberg are nothing to your team. You fail to travel with the group to combine your AA defense when knowing you facing 2 CVs, ttsskkk.

First of all, the reason I wasn't with my AA cruisers was because my computer froze and I had to restart it, and at this point I had just reconnected which is why I'm near the spawn.

Secondly, I know my NC stats aren't good, which is why I made a thread that you can read here that explains why it's hard for me to play it. Luckily, my win rate and damage has gone up since.

Also, I did end up killing of the Konigsbergs with a citadel.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles
3 minutes ago, Nemo_Veritas said:

Also, I did end up killing of the Konigsbergs with a citadel.

so, is this particular game with the SS is a winning game?

So far, you have some understanding of the game mechanics but not a great deals, GREAT, learn some more. Let focusing on assisting you getting better by directing you to self learning