Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

WG made a huge mistake with part of the Halsey campaign.

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

I mean, part of the campaign requires Tier 8-10 ships, which has brought out many people who don't usually play / don't know how to play high tier. I, for one, hate high tier matches with a passion. The bigger maps and the static gameplay feels like a disease of the mind. We all know that events / missions / holidays usually see an increase in the number of "special" players, and by making part of the campaign require high tier ships just augments both problems. If the campaign could be done in Tiers 5-7, that would be much better. My Tier 7 ships have been seeing unusually high probability of being up-tiered, such as tonight where I got 5 Tier IX matches in A ROW. It's not that I really care about getting Helsey (not that I HAVE to have him), but I've been trying to break 52% solo win rate and it barely went up to 52% today before I suffered a string of losses, mostly in these high tier matches and also a few in Tiers 5-7. I'd NEVER touch high tier gameplay until WG makes it a lot less static. Had a match on Tears of the Desert in the Atlanta, it was...... I got dev struck by invisible shells. Why hasnt that map been removed already? And of course there's the usual stuff with teams melting even when I try my best.

   Somebody made another thread about how the nature of these missions promotes bad play, and I totally agree. Like seriously, what's the point of getting Halsey if most of these really bad players don't even know how to use him? Instead of these events with mission objectives like "sink X number of ships from X nationality", or "get an X number of torpedo hits", I believe the format of these missions should be reconsidered. I've also been seeing more divisions in random queues. They either dominate, or they fail hard.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

If you feel like T7 is being up-tiered unfairly, try playing T8 and have about 90% of T10 matches.

Also, based on your recent discussions, you seem to care a lot about your stats and WR, but they matter very little if you only add something to your team when you're top tier. Otherwise, just go grind yourself a T10 and never-ever get up-tiered.

Edited by geser98
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,410
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,099 posts
4,179 battles

I fail to see the issue. Same tiers as the Yamamoto campaign, and it's permanent too so you can do it at your leisure :P

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles

Just do it in co-op. That's probably what I'm going to do. I only have time for 3-4 games a night these days, if that, and I'd rather not spend that time getting wound up over people doing dumb things.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,435
[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
8 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Just do it in co-op. That's probably what I'm going to do. I only have time for 3-4 games a night these days, if that, and I'd rather not spend that time getting wound up over people doing dumb things.

Spend it getting would up over bots doing dumb things instead! :Smile_teethhappy:

At least the humans on your team can sometimes be persuaded to stop doing stupid stuff.

 

OP, the rewards in this game have to have a proportionate risk. I didn't particularly like the idea of dabbling in the T8-10 meta either, but if I wanted those commanders and the Shinonome, I knew I had to bite the bullet and do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Spend it getting would up over bots doing dumb things instead!

 

I'm in IT. I'm used to machines doing dumb things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,435
[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
Just now, ramp4ge said:

 

I'm in IT. I'm used to machines doing dumb things. 

True, but your whole job is about being able (nay, required!) to bend those machines to your will. WG might get more than a little upset if you did that to their servers. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,088
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,925 posts
10,485 battles

The missions are easy, just very grindy. If you have an issue with it being 8-10, remember the rewards are 6 super containers, and a 15 point captain which some may not have yet. You can too can grind out these rewards. I like it bc it gives me something to do with my higher tiered ships while ranked and cb is down.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
703 posts
12,823 battles

I don't believe you don't know how to play any T8 game.   So don't touch t8+ games or don't complain.

If you have any trouble you can still pick XP captain task and Credits task over and over to finish it.

why people always complain about something that is free and you can do it voluntarily

ANd if you hate WG because WG was planning 2 years personal plot against you go and enjoy another game  /put here your favourite game/.:fish_viking:

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[R-R-R]
Members
978 posts
7,074 battles

If you truly want to improve, instead of trying to achieve just an inflated WR, you need to first recognize your own weakness. 

Blaming matchmaking and 'static' gameplay will get you nowhere.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[ODIN]
Members
20 posts
8,959 battles

It's not that hard really.  Just lots of grind.

I just need 3 more stars and campaign is done,so probably today :)

Did it with Des Moines and Missouri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,579
[O_O]
Members
4,630 posts
10,047 battles
1 hour ago, geser98 said:

If you feel like T7 is being up-tiered unfairly, try playing T8 and have about 90% of T10 matches.

Your perception is your reality.

I have been keeping track of every T8 game I have played, and in my last 300+ games in  T8 ships I am only bottom tier in 39%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

I have been keeping track of every T8 game I have played, and in my last 300+ games in  T8 ships I am only bottom tier in 39%.

Well, if you have been doing this tedious work, can't really argue with data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,808 posts
4,780 battles

It's just another Yamamoto campaign with the easy, grindy part available in co-op...

Feels a whole lot slower though...Yamamoto campaigns have some other easy tasks worth multiple stars in various stages, Halsey's not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
3 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Guess I'll just do it in co-op then. ^^

It's not that bad doing it there. I am almost done stage 4 already and all in Co-op. There is nothing passive and static about Co-op. The bots come for you with unrelenting persistence so you will have to fight.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[DAY]
Members
1,189 posts
12,200 battles

there are like 2 nationality tasks with disproportionately small rewards.......

most people probably so halsey with top xp or get achievement tasks 

i don't see how someone trying to get dreadnaught/confederate/high caliber/kraken would have to play badly to get those

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles

It's a high tier content, wich everyone can achieve for free. Don't see the problem or huge mistake here at all. 
Try to choose the ship you like. I don't mind to have tier 10 ships every battle with my Edinburgh, for example. Because I like her style of playing much. Even top tier ships wouldn't change my mood. 
By the fact, all depends on tactics which you like. Try options, I liked tier 8 ships in high tier battles more than in low tier. It's amazing when you can do more with less assets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles
5 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Your perception is your reality.

I have been keeping track of every T8 game I have played, and in my last 300+ games in  T8 ships I am only bottom tier in 39%.

 

What's the rear of the distribution? Because in a 3 tier spread, 39% in one tier means that tier is being overrepresented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
7 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Guess I'll just do it in co-op then. ^^

 

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's not that bad doing it there. I am almost done stage 4 already and all in Co-op. There is nothing passive and static about Co-op. The bots come for you with unrelenting persistence so you will have to fight.

I am doing mine in Co-Op as well. And @Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu if you want to division up just PM me in game.:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

 

I am doing mine in Co-Op as well. And @Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu if you want to division up just PM me in game.:Smile_honoring:

Just finished the last star (12) for stage 4. Now on to the 35K XP to unlock stage 5.

This is getting old playing the same T8-T10 ships over and over again but I WILL get him LOL.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just finished the last star (12) for stage 4. Now on to the 35K XP to unlock stage 5.

This is getting old playing the same T8-T10 ships over and over again but I WILL get him LOL.

Same here Shipmate, not even sure were I will put him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Same here Shipmate, not even sure were I will put him?

IKR. :Smile_amazed: I haven't figured that out yet either but figured get him and then do so. I have a ton of US Capt's in reserve but 1 is a 10pt and the rest are 6-8. I can throw Halsey on something and then have a decent 12 or 13 pt one I can use on the new CL's that it replaced. He will probably Capt one of my high tier US BB's (have a 19pt on Montana now but could swap it out) or maybe Buffalo or Des Moines?

Decisions decisions. Got to get him 1st though and still quite a ways to go. Part 5 is almost as long as 1-4 combined. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

IKR. :Smile_amazed: I haven't figured that out yet either but figured get him and then do so. I have a ton of US Capt's in reserve but 1 is a 10pt and the rest are 6-8. I can throw Halsey on something and then have a decent 12 or 13 pt one I can use on the new CL's that it replaced. He will probably Capt one of my high tier US BB's (have a 19pt on Montana now but could swap it out) or maybe Buffalo or Des Moines?

Decisions decisions. Got to get him 1st though and still quite a ways to go. Part 5 is almost as long as 1-4 combined. LOL

The only USN Ship I have right now is the Alabama but the Commander is up to 11 points. I got a lot of time since I only got the two Tier 8s right now. I worry about later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×